Re: The mandatory standar teleport beacon (q for DEVS also)

Doek wrote:
Shadeless wrote:

Good idea, and remove sparks then while ur at it, at least get some decent old combat back instead of this current jibberish.

I agree, but only beta sparks. Without decent remote market/assets management, removing alpha sparks is not the best idea.

The problem here still is that people would be able to reach anything without any effort. Asset management? Could Make that possible to do remotely, so you still can do your wanted asset management/selling/production etc.. but not hop in a bot whenever some1 pleases... make it bit more real again.. This let's scout find target, oow spark, ooow something changed, let's spark back pop in bot and pew pew..... that just sucks.

Shadeless wrote:
Doek wrote:
Shadeless wrote:

Good idea, and remove sparks then while ur at it, at least get some decent old combat back instead of this current jibberish.

I agree, but only beta sparks. Without decent remote market/assets management, removing alpha sparks is not the best idea.

The problem here still is that people would be able to reach anything without any effort. Asset management? Could Make that possible to do remotely, so you still can do your wanted asset management/selling/production etc.. but not hop in a bot whenever some1 pleases... make it bit more real again.. This let's scout find target, oow spark, ooow something changed, let's spark back pop in bot and pew pew..... that just sucks.

Disagreed.  PvP is the only aspect of the game that's not a grind or ENORMOUS time sink, it's also the best part of the game, coincidence?  The rest is Work.  Research change + Autopilot + Spark tele + TP beacons + for pay EP resets are the best things they've ever done to ease the pain.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
Shadeless wrote:
Doek wrote:

Disagreed.  PvP is the only aspect of the game that's not a grind or ENORMOUS time sink, it's also the best part of the game, coincidence?  The rest is Work.  Research change + Autopilot + Spark tele + TP beacons + for pay EP resets are the best things they've ever done to ease the pain.

I don't expect any of your alliance to agree. Not realy suprised either.

54 (edited by Crepitus 2014-05-15 16:43:52)

Shadeless wrote:

I don't speak for anyone but myself, as always, and in fact, you're wrong.  It would have taken only cursory forum research on your part to find that out.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

55 (edited by Shadeless 2014-05-14 20:22:38)

Crepitus wrote:
Shadeless wrote:

I don't speak for anyone buy myself, as always, and in fact, you're wrong.  It would have taken only cursory forum research on your part to find that out.

I still don't expect any of your alliance to agree, and i am still not suprised if any of your alliance disagrees.

Also PVP is the biggest time sink, as most people do need money for bots as they need to replace destroyed bots,   maybe that might be something that is not a problem for you, but for many others that are not in your alliance it is.

And guess what? Grinding to get money costs time.

Doek wrote:
Shadeless wrote:

why exactly do you need quick access to all alpha markets? there are 6 terminals, only a few minutes of teleporting away from each other - is there actually a point in buying something at one place, and selling it with profit in another?
No, because whoever wants to sell the goods, just sells them where they are in demand....

But well, with only a few items to trade with, and the resource distribution within those, there's not even base for real economy given...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Short sighted and self serving.

When Gamma and +24 islands get re-added, sparking will receive an indirect nerf to global presence.

It still won't save you from being part of the collateral damage. As you might have read from my posts before, I'm quite happy to move my corp home to whatever is the closest location to REMEDY/F-NAVY stations.

Old debts will be settled.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Shadeless wrote:
Crepitus wrote:
Shadeless wrote:

I don't speak for anyone buy myself, as always, and in fact, you're wrong.  It would have taken only cursory forum research on your part to find that out.

I still don't expect any of your alliance to agree, and i am still not suprised if any of your alliance disagrees.

Also PVP is the biggest time sink, as most people do need money for bots as they need to replace destroyed bots,   maybe that might be something that is not a problem for you, but for many others that are not in your alliance it is.

And guess what? Grinding to get money costs time.

I enjoy working the market.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Syndic wrote:

Short sighted and self serving.

When Gamma and +24 islands get re-added, sparking will receive an indirect nerf to global presence.

It still won't save you from being part of the collateral damage. As you might have read from my posts before, I'm quite happy to move my corp home to whatever is the closest location to REMEDY/F-NAVY stations.

Old debts will be settled.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

DEV Zoom wrote:

I didn't think this through yet, so this is just theorycrafting:

What if robots had a built-in mobile teleporter like Inda says, and you can only use it when your accumulator is at 100%, and it sucks it completely dry everytime you use it. (No other limits.)

The range of the teleport could be different for all robot classes. More for scouts and transports, less for heavy combat stuff for example.

Lets run with this Idea Zoom .. If this can be programed then in think we can balance from there once we see how the population as a whole would use it.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

61 (edited by Skydell 2014-05-16 19:41:31)

DEV Zoom wrote:

I didn't think this through yet, so this is just theorycrafting:

What if robots had a built-in mobile teleporter like Inda says, and you can only use it when your accumulator is at 100%, and it sucks it completely dry everytime you use it. (No other limits.)

The range of the teleport could be different for all robot classes. More for scouts and transports, less for heavy combat stuff for example.

In addition to a national commodity.

http://wiki.perpetuum-online.com/index.php/Polynucleit for Thelo.
http://wiki.perpetuum-online.com/index.php/Isopropentol for Pelistal
http://wiki.perpetuum-online.com/index.php/Statichnol for Nuimqol

I don't really see a liquid state fuel source commodity to suit Industrial. One could be added or teleport fuel could be added as a whole new tree.

I thought about this a bit more and it might be better to add teleport fuel. The CT process and factory production has a NIC sink built in to offset the beacon seed.