1 (edited by Curblugeon 2014-05-12 11:49:32)

Topic: DX-10

Having an issue with Nividia Surround. or the windowed modes?

I run the game at 5800x1080 and it worked fine up until recently. I was forced out of surround and into a normal resolution. perp being set in the larger 5800 refuses to run -

The issue is: that when I relaunch perpetuum says it has a dx-10 error and wont launch. Safe mode doesnt help.
I am forced to uninstall and re download the game. (my guess due to the resolution change or something)

Of course when I restart the game it is in normal 1920x180 and then go to Surround. But it just happened again.
I lost surround forgot and launched perp - bang dx-10 error.

The only thing that changed was the resolution. from multi screen to single and back again.
Has someone encountered this? is there a work around because 2 in one week really sucks.

edit update - Well the reinstall didnt work same error but safe mode
edit again issues with the windowed screen to full. I can hear it but see nothing.
I have to restart the computer and go through the surround process again.

Re: DX-10

Perpetuum will never say DX10 error, because it uses DX9.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

3 (edited by Curblugeon 2014-05-12 15:53:14)

ok but it is whatever the message is and it tells you to go into safe mode.

DX error or whatever.

Just because in my frustration I am not 100% sure - the issue still stands. or that I somehow have it that DX=DX 10.

I have no experience with running it in NVIDIA Surround; in theory that should be up to the driver entirely. If you get the "safe mode" warning it means that we're unable to create a DX device and the previous settings don't work for some reason.

5 (edited by Curblugeon 2014-05-12 16:04:50)

Right that is the resolution scaling issue I take it or is it the full screen.

The issue happens when I go from a 5800 down to 3x1920. but leave the resolution in game at 5800.

when I relaunch the game I get the error and sometimes the icon shows and sound but nothing graphically.

Now after I restart the computer launch the game still in 1920 it will launch in but in windowed mode.

It just seems the issue is from when I dont change the resolution in game down to 1920 while playing at 5800 the game has an issue relaunching at any resolution.

I will keep an eye on it and update you but it is just frustrating having to spend 20 mins+ just to launch the game.

I do appreciate the response greatly.

Are you running in fullscreen or windowed?

7 (edited by Curblugeon 2014-05-12 17:54:21)

I am running it full screen

most other games resort to a low level resolution when above happens-game reloads @1620/720 type thing. this one displays the error message. and when I fix everything it comes back as windowed until I make it full screen.

I'll put some debug stuff in the next client to find out what's wrong; until then your best bet is probably to run it in a window.

ok thanks appreciate it.

10 (edited by Curblugeon 2014-05-13 10:42:02)

Ok even in window mode

when I reload the game it shows on the task bar, I hear it but cant play it and have to redo it all again.

when I click on it nothing. anyway more info for you.

I got it so that I dont have to spend 15 mins each time before launching the client. I set it to launch maximized and it seemed to work. I hope.

normal and minimized =0 couldnt see anything.

Something funny/freaky.

all the bots animations stopped and they float instead of walking. There is only 1 colour of a bot - yellow and only 2 types 1)assault and 2)larger mech

must admit doing an op and everyone looks the same and in pve the same every bot the same and they float along freaky when I run as normal animation.

You turned on "low detail robots" in the options.

13 (edited by Curblugeon 2014-05-14 23:04:48)

did it reset somehow? when the client crashed a few times - because I always have it set to high.

Is that a default setting?
Anyway thanks for the info - freaky to play that way.

Thanks for that quick answer and fixed up - must have checked it when I was increasing the size of the window by mistake then.

No, it's off by default.

There should be some information about the error in Perpetuum.log now when it fails.

Ok great.
I think I am ok now that when it launches it launches it windowed mode small always, not in full screen like before. If it happens again I will post it for you.

Thank you for helping me with this.