1 (edited by Jasdemis Evil Twin 2014-05-11 20:10:13)

Topic: [How to] launch multiple Perpetuum Steam clients

WARNING: DO NOT CREATE ADDITIONAL STEAM ACCOUNT TO BUY THE GAME THERE. BUY THE GAME ON PERPETUUMS WEBSITE! YOU CAN'T RUN 2 DIFFERENT STEAM ACCOUNTS WITHOUT COMPLICATED WORKAROUNDS.

First of all, link all your accounts with Steam right here: https://secure.perpetuum-online.com/acc … nnections/

1. Make a copy of Steam/Steamapps/common/Perpetuum for each account.
2. Launch Perpetuum.exe in each of these folders (make a shortcut too).
4. Select linked accounts from the drop-down menu you wish to login with.
3. Enjoy Steam overlay for all your clients and the luxury of never entering your passwords ever again.

Known issues: Unfortunately our standalone Steam-clients don't update on their own. To update, copy paste Perpetuum.exe from main Perpetuum Steam folder to the copies.

* First corp thief in Perpetuums history.
* Kickstarted the killmail API support.
* Jasdemi's Shoppe - Mk2 CTS, Prototype Orders

Re: [How to] launch multiple Perpetuum Steam clients

Nice, thank you very much!

Nice

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

I have 2 steam accounts and what steam I must run ? When I run Perpetuum.exe i have error - Unable connect to Steam

That's bad. You were supposed to buy your 2nd account on Perpetuum website, not making 2nd Steam account. (https://secure.perpetuum-online.com/purchase/store/)

Should talk to a DEV, maybe they can fix it: https://secure.perpetuum-online.com/support/tickets/

My accounts are both linked to steam and both purchased through the site and I get the same error. Fail to see where he got his account makes any difference as it pertains to a steam error, if you try to launch it directly from the folder you get that message with or without an instance already open

Bluefaced wrote:

My accounts are both linked to steam and both purchased through the site and I get the same error. Fail to see where he got his account makes any difference as it pertains to a steam error, if you try to launch it directly from the folder you get that message with or without an instance already open

Is Steam running when you're trying to open Perpetuum.exe? It should be.

8 (edited by Cazus 2014-05-10 21:29:47)

I have two Perp accounts purchased via two different Steam accounts
I installed two Steam clients to my PC at different folders.
I installed two Perp Clients at each Steam clients
To launch second Steam client it's necessary to close first
I installed additional software SandBoxie http://www.sandboxie.com/
I launched first Steam client normally and second via Sanboxie
So I have two Steam clients working at one PC simultaneously.
And now I can launch both my Perp clients from both Steam clients and it works.

That sounds like an awfully whole lot of work

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

10 (edited by Jasdemi 2014-05-11 10:47:57)

Cazus wrote:

I have two Perp accounts purchased via two different Steam accounts
I installed two Steam clients to my PC at different folders.
I installed two Perp Clients at each Steam clients
To launch second Steam client it's necessary to close first
I installed additional software SandBoxie http://www.sandboxie.com/
I launched first Steam client normally and second via Sanboxie
So I have two Steam clients working at one PC simultaneously.
And now I can launch both my Perp clients from both Steam clients and it works.

Why would you buy the game on 2nd Steam account and not on Perp website?

I know that every account bought from the site has to have a different mail address.

I bought my frist (so far only) acc on steam.
When I want to buy a second one on the perp site, do I have to use a different mail than the mail of the steam login?

12 (edited by Jasdemi 2014-05-11 10:46:47)

Elendil wrote:

I know that every account bought from the site has to have a different mail address.

When I want to buy a second one on the perp site, do I have to use a different mail than the mail of the steam login?

You probably have to.

If you're using gmail, just add +1 to your address and it will act as different one, but still receive all emails to your main.

e.g. Your email is elendil@gmail.com. When making alt account on Perpetuum, use elendil+1@gmail.com or elendil+i_like_big_boobs@gmail.com. All emails will still go to elendil@gmail.com

e.lendil@gmail.com
el.endil@gmail.com
ele.ndil@gmail.com
elen.dil@gmail.com

Works too.

Check out http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/1-awesome- … seriously/

for more info.

Jasdemi wrote:

Why would you the game on 2nd Steam account and not on Perp website?

steam has discounts, the webshop not.
I am still hoping for DEVs to introduce legit and non-workaround ways to get multiple accounts at one steam accounts.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Jasdemi wrote:
Elendil wrote:

You probably have to.

If you're using gmail, just add +1 to your address and it will act as different one, but still receive all emails to your main.

e.g. Your email is elendil@gmail.com. When making alt account on Perpetuum, use elendil+1@gmail.com or elendil+i_like_big_boobs@gmail.com. All emails will still go to elendil@gmail.com

e.lendil@gmail.com
el.endil@gmail.com
ele.ndil@gmail.com
elen.dil@gmail.com

Works too.

Check out http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/1-awesome- … seriously/

for more info.

Ah, ok.
I just thought it would work because steam uses the account name for login and not the mail.
But I don't want to risk it.

Since we don't know your Steam emails, it can be the same.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Since we don't know your Steam emails, it can be the same.

ok, thx.

BTW, community and Dev support is awesome in perp! big_smile

Did everything as advised. linked my non steam acct to my steam acct. i now have two available accounts to log in through when the launcher comes up.

even made a second steam file in the correct location.... but copying the first perpetuum file names the second one "perpetuum_2" causing steam to not recognize the second file.

which is ok because as i was advised above the game should be ran from both perpetuum files individual exe's.

these exe's located in steamapps for perpetuum do not run the game. only errors come up and are somehow referenced by the main steam app. and ive never been able to manually use the perpetuum exe in the beforementioned folder as a way to launch the game. it simply doesnt allow it (even in admin)

the desktop shortcut which is connected to my steam id and a web address was automatically placed at installation via steam. it is not  linked to the perpetuum exe in the steam folder but instead the game server ip.

attempting to use the in folder exes does not launch my game. nor do any shortcuts associated with such.

i can only launch my perpetuum game via the steam library *play button* or the steam created shortcut.

by creating multiple perpetuum folders- and creating shortcuts to their contained exes- ive only accomplished two uneccessary shortcuts that refuse to launch my game.

any help?

please read my above post and tell me. is my only option at this point to run one game from a non steam client. and the other game through steam?

I have no idea how this can work. Everything I've read says Steam games can't be loaded directly from their folder. As to King's question, I don't know if it's the only option but it worked for me and I'm happy - I rarely use the Steam overlay and am fine having it only on the one account.

i have a two copies of perp, i run both one through steam and the other on its own at the same and would like another copy to be running. is this possible without another computer?

21 (edited by Crepitus 2014-07-22 22:21:14)

Yaslowdropkick wrote:

i have a two copies of perp, i run both one through steam and the other on its own at the same and would like another copy to be running. is this possible without another computer?

You can buy the game (from the perp website), create an account, copy the existing non-steam folder to another folder, launch from the new folder and login via the new account information as many times as your machine can handle.  I always run 3 non-steam clients, 2 1/2 years ago I could run 5 but the client has gotten a lot more resource heavy in that time.  I run all of mine from the same SSD and created links on my desktop to each one. 

You could also use hard links if you didn't want to do multiple installs but that is more technical to set up and lower performance wise, it just saves on disk space and disk space is relatively inexpensive.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

this is worthless and doesnt work hmm

И как теперь играть в два окна с разных стим акаунтов на одном компьютере?

GLORY_TO_USA wrote:

И как теперь играть в два окна с разных стим акаунтов на одном компьютере?

Try http://www.sandboxie.com/