26 (edited by Ozy 2014-05-05 02:22:58)

Re: Sensor suppressor locking time debuff

Rage Rex wrote:

Having read hundreds of posts from Celebro I have opined that he is Objective and Sincere. You Ozy, I've never noticed in the forums (and being in STC does not help your Objective Credibility on this topic).

Since Burial started this thread in Bugs and Burial is as Biased as they come for ewar I will defer to Celebro's opinion on the math.

This smells like another "nerf ewar" thread now with phony maths.

Rather than watch you guys all poke around in the dark with sticks perhaps a Dev can just post the formula, end the 'discussion' about a factual formula.

I certainly have my opinions regarding ewar, but I don't think they have any place in the bug section of the forum. As for why you've never seen me ... uhm ... i've been absent? Also, this could be funny: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topic/5186/rip-ozy/

Anyway, there's no phony math here. All relevant formulas have now been figured out and it's clear that there still is a potential issue (less so with the actual suppressors). Check the formulas a post above for yourself and it should be pretty clear what's going on and why it could be a bug. I clarified the stuff a bit more for easier reading too.

Tl;dr: No BS, no agenda, just weird hungarian math that may or may not be working as intended.

P.S. My main's actually running zeniths and intakts a lot, so there's no personal vendetta against ewar.
P.P.S: By the way, i'm not sure celebro and i are disagreeing on anything here, necessarily. I would appreciate his opinion re the latest and full formulas though.

Rage, everyone can use suppressors. I'm just trying to figure out if they work as if they should.

@Ozy I don't really understand what's the issue with the formula tbh , Hungarian math or not the bonus is applied directly to the target. The formula is just to calculate possible bonuses with without the need to be ingame or fit your bot.

Now that's out of the way, if I have 90% locking time bonus on my SS then a any bot with 7.35sec x 1.9 = 13.965sec that is exactly 90% suppressed, if you add T4 tuner then 13.965sec x 1.175 = 16.4sec exactly 17.5% increase in locking time. My raw data proves this is so.

Only issue I have is that is should be 17% increase not 17.5% and that the stacking of tuners is too much but that's really another matter.

RIP PERPETUUM

Weapon tuners behave in the same way, it's quite feasible to reach ridiculous numbers like +800-900% damage bonus with a full rack of tuners, nevermind +50% crit.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

30 (edited by Ozy 2014-05-05 19:48:34)

Celebro wrote:

@Ozy I don't really understand what's the issue with the formula tbh , Hungarian math or not the bonus is applied directly to the target.

Now that's out of the way, if I have 90% locking time bonus on my SS then a any bot with 7.35sec x 1.9 = 13.965sec that is exactly 90% suppressed, if you add T4 tuner then 13.965sec x 1.175 = 16.4sec exactly 17.5% increase in locking time. My raw data proves this is so.

My basic issue was the effective formula that was only used for SS tunings is

y = base * (1+%)^# + #*% while every other tuner is
y = base * (1+%)^#

I didn't like this inconsistency and how it overamplified the tuner effect. Problem is, I only looked at it from the input side of things without considering the output. Seeing how the end results are consistent with expectations, I should probably rest the case now as it's pretty apparent that this is intended behaviour, even though it's accomplished by rather inconsistent application of hungiarian math, lol.

Ozy wrote:
Celebro wrote:

@Ozy I don't really understand what's the issue with the formula tbh , Hungarian math or not the bonus is applied directly to the target.

My basic issue was the effective formula that was only used for SS tunings is

y = base * (1+%)^# + #*% while every other tuner is
y = base * (1+%)^#

I didn't like this inconsistency and how it overamplified the tuner effect. Problem is, I only looked at it from the input side of things without considering the output. Seeing how the end results are consistent with expectations, I should probably rest the case now as it's pretty apparent that this is intended behaviour, even though it's accomplished by rather inconsistent application of hungiarian math, lol.

There are 3 skills that effect suppressors: Suppressor skill, jamming and complex jamming, maybe that's why.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ozy wrote:

I didn't like this inconsistency and how it overamplified the tuner effect. Problem is, I only looked at it from the input side of things without considering the output. Seeing how the end results are consistent with expectations, I should probably rest the case now as it's pretty apparent that this is intended behaviour, even though it's accomplished by rather inconsistent display of modifiers in module infos

fixed that for you wink
the math is consitent, the module info is inconsitent.

the thing i wonder about, is the relatively high modifier on supressor tunings: T4 = 17.5% on a "stun-lock" mechanic, while the T4 weapon tunings "only" give you ~7.5 - 16.2% dps

not that it affects me in pve, without observer roams on alpha2 there is no reason to field ewar against npcs at all.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Devs: Can you please explain why there is  a 0.5% added multiplier to Ewar tuners? Thanks

RIP PERPETUUM

Why EW nexus is like 2x more powerful than any other Nexus?

35 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-06 03:28:30)

Burial wrote:

Me and about 5 other *** in STC are on a massive forum campaign to nerf ewar so we can play Heavy Mech Full Tuner Online

I know, I know. It's so transparent.

Oh by the way, that Follow Nerf (that had nothing to do with ewar, wink, wink)... the one that was like Stage ONE of fixing the Evil Multi-Account Abuse Problem. How is Stage Two coming along? Are we gonna start discussing how multiple miners and industrials have advantages in Multi Account usage?

Oh wait, lets talk about that other problem that had nothing to do with the Follow Nerf ...gasp ewar. We're gonna focus on that now.

Hey about we throw out some phoney maths to confuse the issues...

Do you understand that follow bot nerf is bigger nerf against heavies than against EW mechs right? lol

Should have voted against it...

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Burial wrote:

Do you understand that follow bot nerf is bigger nerf against heavies than against EW mechs right? lol

To which of your useless theory crafted max xx fit?

Then get dedicated logistics players.

And if Burial is referring to Industrial bots for logistics that's been obsolete for fleets long before Follow Nerf. Why? Ewar of course.

RRing kains.

Because I just noticed this thread, I'd like to point out the original formula burial was talking about was from me while doing the fitting tool and was something I asked him to confirm the results of. So chill guys, he wasn't hunting through all the ewar formulas trying to get things nerfed... It was my best attempt at an accurate formula that I asked someone else to check if it provided correct answers.

Dazz you missed the other 15 threads.

Zeniths with max skills are powerful? Yes.... Zenith with max skills a solo pvper bot..... nope. Solo Zenith with max skills can't kill a kain with max skills with only one repper unless they mess up and cap out (that kain likely wont lock *** but the zenith cant dps down kain). Sensor Suppressors powerful? Yes in combo with a vaga a zenith can wreck an enemy fleet, I've personally juggled 5 different heavys and their follow bots with Gunner in his cam and me in my zenith. You can't nerf experience and good communication.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … e-goodbye/

Please look at numbers 1 and 3.. To funny..Classic..

Syphin wrote:

wow, good find!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

47 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-11 09:17:23)

Syphin wrote:

Hello Brave Alt.

I guess 2.5 years ago Ville did not did not have the experience to see how ewar balances with the game. The only point you prove here is you still don't get it. Ville eventually figured it out.

Is it not childish to dig up 2.5 yr old posts? Have you have run out of arguments like you run out of Beta.

Dig up my posting history and enjoy this moment as I defend Ville. Oh how things change.

Honestly that post was pretty funny

The sad part is that you guys are still stuck at the stage where Ville was 2.5 years ago when he was a newbie in MORTE.

lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

\0/