1 (edited by FlufyDestroyer 2014-05-10 04:48:49)

Topic: Roadmap and updates

It would be nice to have a roadmap in the style of Planetside 2. A roadmap that links to a forum thread. That way members could give their thoughts on features months ahead of time in case devs missed something or could get ideas from members as well. Both parties win in this one
what do you think ?

For the updates... more communications from devs on the front page would be nice. I'm sure it would help them and us to know wth is going on from time to time. Hell, give me the material and I'll do it myself

to me, small stuff makes a huge difference

Re: Roadmap and updates

Communication is very important but in small teams a little hard to balance out.
A roadmap would be amazing, would be best as a presentation (Pre-recorded is acceptable) and then this turned into a blog post.

Getting an idea of the overall game vision would be awesome. A form to submit our current issues and ideas would be nice too but again this needs someone to review the data.

I fully agree.

I would like to know when they plan on enforcing the EULA equally on everyone.

Alexander wrote:

Communication is very important but in small teams a little hard to balance out.
A roadmap would be amazing, would be best as a presentation (Pre-recorded is acceptable) and then this turned into a blog post.

Getting an idea of the overall game vision would be awesome. A form to submit our current issues and ideas would be nice too but again this needs someone to review the data.

Don't we have some gm's or someone connected with the devs that could do that ? Think of the csm in eve online. that seems to work. perhaps a smaller team or 1-3 people that could do that ? All a dev has to do is talk for an hour or so with some info to give to the GM's. Then they go to the forums and do the work. I know some GM's would be happy to do this. Lots of people invest a lot in their community. To be honest they should take advantage of this notion.

FlufyDestroyer wrote:

Don't we have some gm's or someone connected with the devs that could do that ? Think of the csm in eve online. that seems to work. perhaps a smaller team or 1-3 people that could do that ? All a dev has to do is talk for an hour or so with some info to give to the GM's. Then they go to the forums and do the work. I know some GM's would be happy to do this. Lots of people invest a lot in their community. To be honest they should take advantage of this notion.

you mean someone like Mancs, Quodys and SRC in the past?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

FlufyDestroyer wrote:
Alexander wrote:

That might just introduce overhead on a process that might not really require the mechanism in the first place.

Fred Phelps for CSM

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Fred Phelps for CSM

+1

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth