Re: Bring back old network

Well the tp mix up came when they fragmented faction ores.  Its function was to allow trading of ore.  Siligium was also introduced in that patch.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Well the tp mix up came when they fragmented faction ores.  Its function was to allow trading of ore.  Siligium was also introduced in that patch.

There was a good idea behind it.
several good ideas.

but the execution was horrible.
The later implementation of spark teleports was based on a flawed idea. to allow players to get faster to other terminals but without their robots, so no instant transportation of goods, so no transport mission exploiting (which failed due to several exploitable bugs)

another issue in their traveling and balancing concept is their "holy trinity" base that lets them only expand the world ALWAYS in three directions equally. one factor in gamma fail was the circular pattern around alpha islands.

btw, that resource re-"balance" not only broke the traveling network, but also the balance between weapon ammos. since then, laser (you know, those light beams) consume more mineral per damage then anything else.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

28 (edited by Annihilator 2014-05-09 23:11:10)

BUMP

just today, i remembered reading an article that is kinda related to this topic:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 141051.htm

for those to lazy to read those few sentences:

What could human engineers possibly learn from the lowly slime mold?
Reliable, cost-efficient network construction....

replace engineers with "AC DEVs"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear