Topic: Gate Camping Perpetuum endorsed sport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY8V8_JsAOc

The sound is removed...

This video features one hour+ of a Perpetuum endorsed sporting event.

Mechanic Mechanic Mechanic.. Mechanic Mechanic Mechanic Mechanic (Imagine Steve Ballmer)

Thank you for your time.

2 (edited by Weedy 2010-12-23 00:12:46)

Re: Gate Camping Perpetuum endorsed sport

Have to agree.

Safe-zones on terminals and teleports are unfortunately just ruining the PvP in Perpetuum, it makes the PvP feel a lot more artificial. As well as portal scouting, E-war overpopulation and kind of (temporal I hope) uselessness of Beta-Outposts (I'd also add here the factor of 'too safe and far too profitable Alpha islands', but this is a bit different topic). Thanks for nerfing Arkhe zergs in the last patch, definitely a good move wink

Lets hope the developers understand whats wrong here.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx wrote:

Lets hope the developers understand whats wrong here.

I like you.

I believe they will get it.

5 (edited by Gremrod 2010-12-23 00:44:33)

tRens wrote:

The sound is removed...

Mechanic Mechanic Mechanic.. Mechanic Mechanic Mechanic Mechanic (Imagine Steve Ballmer)

Thank you for your time.

Yes, perfect example of why the safe areas around teleporters

SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:
tRens wrote:

The sound is removed...

Thank you for your time.

Yes, perfect example of why the safe areas around teleporters

SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK

umad?

"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

No, I was going with the developer developers thing... big_smile

Seriously, this needs to end no more perma safe areas in pvp islands.

Dang dev are a bunch of carebears or what.

9 (edited by Buttercup 2010-12-23 00:58:22)

tbh i agree with the teleporter thing but all that will happen if they nerf it is they will mass up alpha side and jump in but at least it will stop some of the bait games keep *** from not listening to the fc thank god freaking dumb a--es another thing leadership cant sit unflagged in safe zone  w/o any repercussions directing their fleet

Buttercup wrote:

tbh i agree with the teleporter thing but all that will happen if they nerf it is they will mass up alpha side and jump in but at least it will stop some of the bait games keep *** from not listening to the fc thank god freaking dumb a--es

Thats way better.  If they all jump through they will get *** by the group waiting on the other side, and they never know exactly how many are there unless they send a scout in to die.

Remove the gate safety and the gates will be camped, its a choke point.

The only question is who will be camping the gate and who will they be farming.

Next topic: Make alpha teleporters randomly suck people through, because sitting on the beta side for hours waiting for someone to step through is boring.

Buttercup wrote:

tbh i agree with the teleporter thing but all that will happen if they nerf it is they will mass up alpha side and jump in but at least it will stop some of the bait games keep *** from not listening to the fc thank god freaking dumb a--es another thing leadership cant sit unflagged in safe zone  w/o any repercussions directing their fleet

odd worked in eve just fine

Neoxx wrote:

If they all jump through they will get *** by the group waiting on the other side, and they never know exactly how many are there unless they send a scout in to die.

This should very effectively stop solo PVE people from running trade missions to beta.

It takes two to camp a teleporter.

The camper and the bot that gets killed if he moves outside.

Maybe the CampCorps should place their defence around their mining ops instead of relying on 3 ubersafe chokes? Then, MAYBE you can get some proper pvp fun.

After using teleporter you should be random placed on beta (make it teleporter region, and same place if in team), whole idea of one teleport place is stupid. There are only 3 islands and all teleporters can be camped 24h/7d.

Make beta islands scary. No safe area on beta islands. You jump in alone, you jump into the unknown.

The Game

Yeah please remove the pvp immunity at stations and teleporters in the pvp islands. Make it temporary instead of permanent for instance.

This really needs more attention than it is getting from everyone.

Jumping onto a beta island is completely safe.. there is absolutely 0% chance you will die on the other side.

When you jump through a gate to a beta island:

a) you should have a temp timer until you're not invul
b) if you activate a module on your bot/mech your invul should immediately drop
c) if you move your bot the invul should immediately drop
d) invul timer should be just short of the jump timer
d1) if you jump through a gate- if you're not paying attention you could die.

IE:

Jump timer - 45s
Invul timer - 40-45s

e) timer should be something that allows enough time so that even the slower computers can load. (just so no one can complain about loading times)

f) Arkhe should not have an invul timer when jumping into a beta island.

g) You shouldn't BE USING AN ARKHE ON THE BETA ISLAND..........

These are just suggestions and should be argued until we are blue in the face.

I think everyone is asking for exactly the opposite of what they want.

Surely if you don't like camping, making the choke point smaller (no safe region, just a teleporter land point) makes camping even more advantageous/"profitable".

What you should be asking for is larger safe zones, with complicated terrain-specific edges, so that the edge of the safe zone cannot be effectively camped, and the attackers can choose from several reasonable attack routes.

Alexander wrote:

You jump in alone, you jump into the unknown.

Oooh, do another one. wink

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

tRens wrote:

This really needs more attention than it is getting from everyone.

Jumping onto a beta island is completely safe.. there is absolutely 0% chance you will die on the other side.

When you jump through a gate to a beta island:

a) you should have a temp timer until you're not invul
b) if you activate a module on your bot/mech your invul should immediately drop
c) if you move your bot the invul should immediately drop
d) invul timer should be just short of the jump timer
d1) if you jump through a gate- if you're not paying attention you could die.

IE:

Jump timer - 45s
Invul timer - 40-45s

e) timer should be something that allows enough time so that even the slower computers can load. (just so no one can complain about loading times)

f) Arkhe should not have an invul timer when jumping into a beta island.

g) You shouldn't BE USING AN ARKHE ON THE BETA ISLAND..........

These are just suggestions and should be argued until we are blue in the face.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this!

I would even go so far as to say 1000m radius around the alpha side should also be a pvp zone, then you really have to commit...

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

Artem Mauve wrote:

Surely if you don't like camping, making the choke point smaller (no safe region, just a teleporter land point) makes camping even more advantageous/"profitable".

What you should be asking for is larger safe zones, with complicated terrain-specific edges, so that the edge of the safe zone cannot be effectively camped, and the attackers can choose from several reasonable attack routes.

just....no.

the whole point is that you shouldn't be able to jump what you want in, take all the time you need, set up, and give yourself all the intel and advantage you need to move forward. You should also not be able to simply put eyes on a gate in an arkhe and leave it there to get 100% perfect, easy intel.

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

tRens wrote:

Jump timer - 45s
Invul timer - 40-45s

I think it should be.

Jump timer - 40s
Invul timer - 45s

Someone should be able to jump back safely. Make it a player choice to either continue/engage/teleport back/etc.

L1fe3looD wrote:
Artem Mauve wrote:

just....no.

the whole point is that you shouldn't be able to jump what you want in, take all the time you need, set up, and give yourself all the intel and advantage you need to move forward. You should also not be able to simply put eyes on a gate in an arkhe and leave it there to get 100% perfect, easy intel.

This will make it harder to attack not harder to defend. It's already harder to attack than defend and on that count I don't support even though I've nothing really against the proposals. Maybe I'm not clear on who it is that benefits from this.

i agree with gremrod and as far as larger safe zone more terrain thats the problem now your method would make it even easier for people to basically come in and grief all day bottom line when you enter a pvp zone it means pvp not gee whiz the sky sure is pretty here