Topic: Player spawning on terrain AFTER loading screen

not at the beginning.

Right now, the moment you hit deploy, or click on your agent that had logged out while on terrain, your Mech/Bot will spawn on the terrain, visible for everyone and with syndicate protection.

1. anything around you can already lock you during that time

2. if you crash for whatever reason, your bot will stay longer then the syndicate protection there

3. you can't see your own spawn animation

4. a undock or log-in process can't be canceled

5. player with slower machines are even more handicapped on open-pvp zones because of 1.

6. Syndicate protection has to be long enough to cover any loading time, while the "molecular instability" has to be even longer for the sake of the pvp guys.

If you change the system, that it first shows you loading screen, and then spawn your bot,
then:

1. lower syndicate protection time

2. eventually invent an abort option for undock/login

3. lower that damn "molucular instability"

4. less unfriendly customers that lost bot due to dock/log crash

Re: Player spawning on terrain AFTER loading screen

I agree with the bot appearing after load.  Protection, instability, and bot staying in game after sudden disconnect are fine. Maybe slightly shorter, but not enough that it feels shorter.

You xant remove a player based on a crash report because you can force crash your client and get a report window.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki