Topic: No Red NPCs on alpha-Big problem!

This is really bad no risk whatsoever on alpha, I took my shields of all miners/haulers, not needed. Then there is the problem of afk and botting, this is really bad for the game. Not only that, no alpha players will lose bots and it is bad for the market.

Maybe some will say go to beta for risk and pvp, but that's like from one extreme to another.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: No Red NPCs on alpha-Big problem!

Likely this is just part of a larger plan, probably involving nerfing alpha ore spawns when gamma go active again.

3 (edited by Celebro 2014-05-07 23:32:44)

Arga wrote:

Likely this is just part of a larger plan, probably involving nerfing alpha ore spawns when gamma go active again.

Alpha nerf does not fix the 'risk free' issue . Forcing players to beta/gamma has never worked before here or in that other game.

RIP PERPETUUM

i think Arga used a bit of sarcasm there... fuuu

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

i think Arga used a bit of sarcasm there... fuuu

Hmm I should know better, and I am really tired today. hmm

RIP PERPETUUM

6 (edited by Celebro 2014-05-08 00:19:40)

Introduce the unknown switch from Virtual Island on alpha, with an off chance for some loot, A few missions should have it too just for laughs. lol

RIP PERPETUUM

Arga wrote:

Likely this is just part of a larger plan

Sarcasm or insane optimism? you decide.

8 (edited by BadAss 2014-05-08 03:56:34)

You can return the red NPC but remove any possibility to drive the NPC to another player. these fools too abused, or you just need to return for the sake of red NPC? lol And the market is just a cover smile

not need to lose Robots in alpha, Robots need lose in pvp, change its logic

Just @ Game

9 (edited by Alexander 2014-05-08 07:22:31)

Alpha 1 islands are seen a "Noob" islands. Sure people can stay there and make small profits but it's very little compared to other islands. Alpha 2 islands should be a little more risky than Alpha 1 with a greater reward but we already have the greater reward.

The downside to Alpha 2 islands is the long travel times between the terminal and other locations but that's hardly a factor.

Maybe making the alpha islands worse would be good but currently they're being used by newbies to grow and experienced players to play on during short gaming sessions. I like them the way they are. If people want to own an outpost on Beta/Gamma they're going to need to defend them which means logistics to and from, mining Beta/Gamma materials and being active on the islands.

I've seen plenty of opportunities to gank Beta players and with the new autowalking detecting light robots will likely be able to find more nice things to kill a lot more easily..

I think we need a safe alpha spaces for new players and for those that want to play the game as a PvE game only.

So Alpha 1 should only have non-aggresive bots, low level missions and basic ores, alpha 2 should have aggresive mobs outside of main terminal and teleport areas moderate level missions (but high enough to sustain a pve players interest) and medium level ores.  Beta and Gamma should contain all aggressive bots, medium and high end ores and the top level missions.

My personal gripes are I'm still not a fan of dynamic ore fields or the fact that certain basic ores are now race/island specific but thats just personal dislikes and probably actually better for the game

if alpha has no proper raw materials, it should not be dangerous

Just @ Game

I think they are working on the NPC AI still and will revisit the alphas once they have it a bit more solid. Don't forget they just put in a better autopilot they have to also consider not driving people into red npcs now too.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Jelan wrote:

My personal gripes are I'm still not a fan of dynamic ore fields or the fact that certain basic ores are now race/island specific but thats just personal dislikes and probably actually better for the game

These are and were the worst changes they ever made.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
Jelan wrote:

These are and were the worst changes they ever made.

yeah, i miss the CIR mining party in that romaing npc save pit next to tellesis terminal, with 4 different ores per tile.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

If the Perp economy relies on Alpha kills it's already toast. Considering Gamma has been down for less than a month and Beta is already under the control of a single player faction, PvP dynamics might be a bigger issue. Of course mention anything to change that ability to overlord the entire FFA zone and the trolls come a calling to derail and snotshot. So it's really a do as I say don't do as I do debate.

16 (edited by BandwagonX9000 2014-05-09 11:24:06)

Ioci wrote:

Beta is already under the control of a single player faction, PvP dynamics might be a bigger issue

Yes, those damn STC outlasters winning the game... The more betas an enemy has, the more STC wins, right?

The most fun I've ever had in Perp was nerfed by the Devs

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

18 (edited by Jasmoba 2014-05-09 18:16:06)

I'm sure the devs are aware of the lack of risk in alpha 2

Remember things went bad before steam so they patched it as best as they could.

I would like to see a cash shop with pretty colors before this alpha thing because that will give them extra cash to invest in the game.  I WANTZ MY RAINBOW ZENITH!!!!

Other good thing about this is newbie players are gathering resources without big losses because we do really need more factions/better market

Epi is still the top material together with potatoes you still need to risk it for these 2.

I really would like to see less post taking devs attention away for what really matters. Less post about nerfing for your own agenda or zomg no risk in who cares island.    Sorry many of us really wanting a cash shop with goodies to tell devs to shut up and take our money yikes

Get rid of all orange NPCs. Period. Dumbest idea ever.

NPC tower defense on alpha was awesome.

Ville wrote:

NPC tower defense on alpha was awesome.

I never saw those, wish they could work something out with this. Now that we have a test server it could be tested thoroughly.

Right now alpha 2 has better rewards but no difference in risk to alpha 1.

RIP PERPETUUM

Assault obesrvers to Alpha 2 !

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

23 (edited by Tux 2014-05-15 17:30:26)

Orange NPC's are point less and broken please remove them... If its an NPC' it needs to be red.

NPC's used in missions need only spawn when the mission runner is in the "target area"

All roaming NPC's need to be red .. all static spawns need to be removed ...

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Oh god yes bring back red mobs mahahaha!

Cassius wrote:

Get rid of all orange NPCs. Period. Dumbest idea ever.

Dunno what you're talking about, is there a video?