Re: Devs Completely Cave to PVPers

CoyoteTheClever wrote:
Jelan wrote:

All I read was whine whine whine from the op.

You want it all your own way, I'd have preferred the target to have to fit a self destruct device or something to be able to destroy cargo

I agree the new system isn't great but it's a start

That's actually a pretty cool solution Jelan big_smile. Lots of cool things could be done with self-destruct devices.

Or .. they could make the attacker mount something ... Um, no. It actually does make more sense for the cargo hauler to take that precaution.

"I don't know why she swalloed the fly..."

Now they have us coming up with ways to fix the fix they just made...

Kroth wrote:

Combat flag isn't until you have a hostile action initiated, locking doesn't flag you. Means you have plenty of time to delete the cargo. Already seen it happen today. sad

So the fix didn't fix the issue, it just created more code and more things to complain about.

Don't worry, the next patch will make it 'on lock'.

The next patch after that will then make it if there are any agents on your landmark list.

And the next patch after that will just remove the ability to delete...

28 (edited by Indian River 2010-12-22 23:42:32)

Reefpirate wrote:

Yes. Excessive whining from this one...

Mr. River, why don't you just delete your cargo in the usually extended period of time it takes for us to get from 1000m to optimal weapon range or demob range? This should not be allowed either, IMO, but you have that opportunity.

having trouble with the whole reading thing?

"special rules for special people"

you either can or can't delete from cargo

unless of course along with that first shot magical fairy dust gets sprinkled about the bot - but only on beta of course - no magical fairy dust on alpha please

and thank-you Arga - - - exactly

Indian,

Don't bother argueing with Reef. He doesn't care about anyone's view but his own.

You should go play WoW Indian, that game was built for people who enjoy PvE as you seem to. Oh, and jettisoning your cargo in EVE was not like destroying it. If I wanted it, I could use my directional scanner and find it at a moon, not that hard to do.

Bizmarkh wrote:

You should go play WoW Indian, that game was built for people who enjoy PvE as you seem to. Oh, and jettisoning your cargo in EVE was not like destroying it. If I wanted it, I could use my directional scanner and find it at a moon, not that hard to do.

Did you even read his post? How does NOT wanting special rules equate to playing wow?

Be thankful that you can delete items in the field at all.

How exactly are you making this cargo magically dissapear anyway?

Killer Prawn wrote:

Be thankful that you can delete items in the field at all.

How exactly are you making this cargo magically dissapear anyway?

This exactly.

Remove the ability to delete cargo, problem fixed.

So many biting big_smile

Arga wrote:
Bizmarkh wrote:

Did you even read his post? How does NOT wanting special rules equate to playing wow?

It isn't "special rules" it's a standard in all sandbox MMO's, and you seem to fail to realize that. Which is precisely why I told you to play WoW because you can't seem to cope with the fact that this game is harsh. Harsh in that it does not give the carebear (you) all the advantages. Rather, it requires quick, thought out tactics to overcome someone.

I just think this game isn't for you bud.

Bizmarkh wrote:

this game is harsh.

lol Easily the funniest post of the day. A 'harsh' video game! big_smile

Seriously? Deleting or not deleting cargo is a factor in whether you are an internet tough guy?

All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful - Kohelet Rabbah 7:16

"My transaction log shows all my NIC was from selling kernals.  All of it."
"Savin's outrage tears are the best tears." - Anonymous ***

37 (edited by Bizmarkh 2010-12-23 04:07:20)

Savin wrote:
Bizmarkh wrote:

this game is harsh.

lol Easily the funniest post of the day. A 'harsh' video game! big_smile

Seriously? Deleting or not deleting cargo is a factor in whether you are an internet tough guy?

No, but given the other factors of the game, namely you die you lose your bot + everything on it makes it a harsh game. And I get the vibe the OP doesn't like the fact that someone could potentially kill him for his cargo. Therefore, tough luck, harsh, too bad...whatever you want to call it.

38 (edited by Bizmarkh 2010-12-23 04:11:17)

PS I am tough.

Example 1: Notice my eyes, they are completely white. I am so tough I control my bot using braille.

Example 2: Notice my tattoo's. I am a thug I have tattoo's that extend from my ears down towards my lower torso.

This is what makes me an e-thug, or as you call me an internet tough guy. No loot exploding is icing on the cake! I think IndianRiver should go play WoW so when he dies he only has to pay some copper and silver coins to repair his hand crafted tailored under garments that he flaunts to the passing women of The Barrens.

okay, we get it: tough guy, tough corp, the world's too mean for nice guys, tough rules make it a man's game, you get picked on IRL, so here you're a bada$$, blah, blah, blah.

So you were bottle fed; it's okay, lot's of people are.

Point is: it's still a video game: you're trying to make a distinction that simply doesn't exist.

All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful - Kohelet Rabbah 7:16

lol someone doesn't get sarcasm whatsoever ;[

Not at all- I was just ignoring your rhetorical retreat in order to drive my point home. To put it in your terms: you might say forums are... harsh.

Arga wrote:
L1fe3looD wrote:

the question here is:

" If you wanted to play WoW, why the F**K are you here? "

Perpetuum has better cake?

The Cake is a LIE!! <sorry, had to...> ^^

This is an interesting change... Its purpose seems to be to encourage PvP(given the focus of the game, thats understandable), but in practice I suspect its going to have unintended consequences, much like many changes CCP makes to encourage PvP in EVE.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

Riggsville wrote:
L1fe3looD wrote:

the question here is:

" If you wanted to play WoW, why the F**K are you here? "

let's see - in the vernacular
learn to read noob

there doesn't seem to be an issue with the silver platter business but either make it impossible to delete from cargo where ever you are so that "special" rules don't have to be made for the PVP babies

or at least have a piece of equipment that creates the condition of not being able to delete your cargo - instead of the "magical" condition created by the crying of the aforementioned "babies"

Devs took the easy way out i'd say

Making it impossible to delete cargo would be a SERIOUS *PITA* for most people due to the very limited cargo space.  Not to mention additional server resources required to keep track of all of those unwanted drops and the additional client resources to render them.  I always use the take all button, and then delete what ever isn't of use. That makes it much easier to keep track of which drops are mine.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

Wraithbane wrote:

This is an interesting change... Its purpose seems to be to encourage PvP(given the focus of the game, thats understandable), but in practice I suspect its going to have unintended consequences, much like many changes CCP makes to encourage PvP in EVE.

What, exactly, is everyone so annoyed about? Why make such a big deal over something that's pretty irrelevant? Wouldn't these efforts be much better directed towards something that mattered, like the blobs everyone hates?

Savin wrote:

Not at all- I was just ignoring your rhetorical retreat in order to drive my point home. To put it in your terms: you might say forums are... harsh.

Nah, you're just too arrogant to admit on the forums that you were fooled. It's okay pal.

I still don't know what a blob is... that needs some defining in another thread.

People are annoyed because you put time and preparation into smashing someone's bot and looting what you can, but people can still rob you of that reward.

I understand why people still want the destroy option. I also use this to get rid of crap I don't want in a limited cargo hold. However, to have more rewarding PvP mechanics I would rather people not be able to destroy their stuff a few seconds before they are engaged in combat.

One idea I did like was creating some sort of module that could be used to destroy the cargo. I kind of like that idea. I would just hope that the module is fairly expensive and uses rare mats. That would make these carebears happy and make them feel like they're playing some sort of candyland MMO, and it would also make the sequers more valuable when they get popped, which would make me feel better when I pop one.

47 (edited by XB63A 2010-12-23 06:42:44)

"people can still rob you of that reward", seems fair. You decide to blow them up; without their consent I am sure. They decide to destroy their cargo. You get a hollow victory. The old rules seemed very fair.

I would like a zero delay self-destruct that would deprive you of both my goods and the credit for the kill. Would make a very nice PVP counter measure.

(In a twisted note, I read this forum with the IGB)

Indian River wrote:

we now have "special" rules for the big bad crybaby PVPers just to
ensure they get their loot handed to them on a silver platter

i can make ajustments to my cargo whenever i want normally but by some
"miracle" once i'm attacked that ability vaporizes
what's next, purple flying unicorns?
elves?
rats carrying swords as loot?

instead of the "magical" inability to delete cargo once attacked why
shouldn't the attackers have to use a slot for equipment that prevents
the destruction of cargo?
because our big bad carebear PVPers would cry some more?
nice

in every other game i have played in the last 6 or so years, the devs have "caved" to the pve crowd ruining some games with that had great potential, AoC is a good example of this.

deleting cargo before a pvp skirmish is a *** move and if its that big of a deal then you should probably find a game with less risk. i hear wow just had a big expac and you dont have to worry about losing anything in pvp except your internet honor.

thanks dev team for catering to the pvpers. as a pvper i would really like to see some purple flying unicorns in the next patch.

Bizmarkh wrote:

Nah, you're just too arrogant to admit on the forums that you were fooled. It's okay pal.

Fooled by what, exactly? Your need to act like a tough guy, or your half-a$$ed attempt to get out of it when I called you on it?

Or maybe you're suggesting that your weak writing is somehow duplicitous?

postman wrote:

in every other game i have played in the last 6 or so years, the devs have "caved" to the pve crowd ruining some games with that had great potential, AoC is a good example of this.

deleting cargo before a pvp skirmish is a *** move and if its that big of a deal then you should probably find a game with less risk. i hear wow just had a big expac and you dont have to worry about losing anything in pvp except your internet honor.

thanks dev team for catering to the pvpers. as a pvper i would really like to see some purple flying unicorns in the next patch.

Ah, now it starts to make sense: some people need to feel that they are causing as much grief as possible to as many people as possible.

A simple victory, with a corresponding loss of mech, is not enough punishment: you want a defeat so devastating, so horrible, that the loser instantly quits, leaving you, the victor alone on top of the heap, trophy in one hand, d1ck in the other.

In other words, you're a child.