Seth Mk2;
0 L tuning = 276,12% DMG / 20% Crit /3,90 cycle
1 L tuning = 296,83% DMG / 23% Crit /3,60 cycle
2 L tuning = 319,09% DMG / 26% Crit /3,33 cycle
3 L tuning = 343,02% DMG / 29% Crit /3,08 cycle
4 L tuning = 368,75% DMG / 32% Crit /2,85 cycle
5 L tuning = 396,41% DMG / 35% Crit /2,64 cycle
6 L tuning = 426,14% DMG / 38% Crit /2,44 cycle

Add L10 Critical Hit, Assault, and optional 3rd NEXUS, this becomes even more ridiculous.

How is this balanced? The only thing this robot needs to worry about is being ECMed or Supressed, typically done by robots who don't do any damage therefore cannot kill it.

Stacking tunings is clearly ridiculously overpowered and currently only really kept in check by ECM/Supress.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Re: The official thread: Nerf stacking weapon tunings

I think this goes for all stacking of bonuses? Giving bonuses a stacking penalty overall would allow for more flexible fits, instead of just pure range, tank or dps.

I guess my question is if you only want this to affect weapon tunings, or all bonuses.

Well argued, Syndic. A stacking penalty could break up the old and known and bring some fresh flavour in.

As was already discussed aeons ago, stacking penalty of any kind instantly and severely limits fitting variety, which is bad.
Headslot count is a good enough limit, no need to impose additional penalties.

If you really want to pvp with a head full of tunings, you'll need external RSA and EW protection, it's neither simple nor overpowered.

Mark Zima wrote:

If you really want to pvp with a head full of tunings, you'll need external RSA and EW protection, it's neither simple nor overpowered.

But Kaldenines, from your same corp, is stating that EW benefits the blob and needs a nerf so how do I reconcile these two conflicting statements from the same corp?

I don't know. It's like getting banned for reporting people for not complying for the EULA, and the violators getting ignored. Perhaps it because I'm of the wrong color.

Same mechanic works with all of the tuners. Nerf everything.

BandwagonX9000 wrote:
Mark Zima wrote:

But Kaldenines, from your same corp, is stating that EW benefits the blob and needs a nerf so how do I reconcile these two conflicting statements from the same corp?

I don't know. It's like getting banned for reporting people for not complying for the EULA, and the violators getting ignored. Perhaps it because I'm of the wrong color.

You started with incorrect statement and continued well into the nonsense territory...

Also, this is not corp dialogues forum.

how many max tuner fits have you seen in pvp in the last years. i have to admit i havent seen any.
most pvp with heavy mechs (the only ones that have enough high slots that it would matter) are fielded with medium to long range fittings. most of the time i see sniper fits that go even more in the opposite direction. scarificing most high and even some low slots to get that high range of ~900-1000m.

and even if some ppl would use some extreme short range high dps fits successfull on the battlefield, then i would say, hell yea, finaly something different.

and that leaves primary pve for high dmg fittings. and i thinkt that totally ok there.

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

Is there some kind of bad posting school you guys all get sent to when you join CIR?

Problem is you nerf PvE with PvP ...

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

how many max tuner fits have you seen in pvp in the last years. i have to admit i havent seen any.
most pvp with heavy mechs (the only ones that have enough high slots that it would matter) are fielded with medium to long range fittings. most of the time i see sniper fits that go even more in the opposite direction. scarificing most high and even some low slots to get that high range of ~900-1000m.

and even if some ppl would use some extreme short range high dps fits successfull on the battlefield, then i would say, hell yea, finaly something different.

and that leaves primary pve for high dmg fittings. and i thinkt that totally ok there.

Did you watch the FD slaughter video?  Mobios was running 4 shield hardeners in the ictus mk2.  Cassius mk2 mesmer was running all repair tunings in the head.  There's lots of fits that run all tuners.

Ask our 250k or less EP players who are in light ewars who's suppressions miss every other time and 1/5 ecms if they think ewar is overpowered?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

I know you like to get all offended about stuff ZT, but considering freelancers have more kills then you, there is a valid argument to be made backed up by ~2 months of killboard stats that the fits you see should be taken as examples of "What Not To Do".

With a good EWar nerf there is no reason (apart from range considerations) not to field full-tuning heavies with dedicated RR support player.

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:
Zortarg Calltar wrote:

I know you like to get all offended about stuff ZT, but considering freelancers have more kills then you, there is a valid argument to be made backed up by ~2 months of killboard stats that the fits you see should be taken as examples of "What Not To Do".

With a good EWar nerf there is no reason (apart from range considerations) not to field full-tuning heavies with dedicated RR support player.

you do best when you loose the argument syndic. but politics and who wins what has nothing to do with your topic. or are you just trying to switch topic to hide that you lost the argument again? besides i havent heard any dev talking about changeing ewar yet.

Syndic just mentioned that you don't fit well, which is on topic, you decided to have politics in it smile
The current ECCM stats make my high ep toon work like a 40k ep newbie. Sooo why do you want to nerf it again?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

15 (edited by BandwagonX9000 2014-05-06 17:07:35)

Mark Zima wrote:

You started with incorrect statement and continued well into the nonsense territory...

My informants tell me otherwise. What? Don't the rest of your guys know already? Man it must suck to keep dying like pigs and still be kept in the dark about what should concern them... I hope I didn't spoil anything.

Mark Zima wrote:

Also, this is not corp dialogues forum.

Then why are you trying to defend your corps interests with these threads?

Norrdec wrote:

Syndic just mentioned that you don't fit well, which is on topic, you decided to have politics in it smile
The current ECCM stats make my high ep toon work like a 40k ep newbie. Sooo why do you want to nerf it again?

Because they can. Just like they got special treatment while other people's _reported_ possible eula violations get actively brushed aside.

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

My informants tell me otherwise. What? Don't the rest of your guys know already? Man it must suck to keep dying like pigs and still be kept in the dark about what should concern them... I hope I didn't spoil anything.

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

Just like they got special treatment while other people's _reported_ possible eula violations get actively brushed aside.

You're a special little fella aren't you

I think you guys might need to be concerned your corp wide ticket spamming for any possible EULA violations doesn't succeed and gets applied retroactively.

Also, which specific fight did I run all tuners in the head Ville? I honestly don't remember either way but generally I don't do that for reasons already mentioned here, it gimps the fit and makes RSAs almost a necessity.

Just curious.

Please close troll threads.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

20 (edited by Martha Stuart 2014-05-06 20:45:40)

Is this a troll thread?  I think it is a good idea.  I would just like to exclude indy tunnings from said nerf big_smile

21 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-05-06 20:48:28)

Troll threads?  I think Syndic is making a very valid point there (even if it is intended as a troll).

I think I have officially become the lunatic fringe lol.

Edit: we have to stop meeting like this Martha...

+1
-Confucius

Lack of stacking penalties in this game have always been stupid and a contributing factor to the rather bland fitting options  (only overshadowed by the lack of module variety)

Stacking makes for boring PvE fits. Stacking makes for boring industrial fits. Stacking makes for boring PvP fits in some cases, though its less of a factor here than other places in the game.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

23 (edited by Syndic 2014-05-07 04:46:56)

It's definitely not intended as a troll.

Why is tuning stacking not penalized? The fit is 1 EW nerf away from becoming a viable reality.

Also look at what that 1 item gives;

Damage
Crit
Cycle-time

It's like being able to stack ERP.

CIR Complaint Form

Burial wrote:

Same mechanic works with all of the tuners. Nerf everything.

this.

So don't forget to nerf rep tunings (again) and shield hardeners.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

25 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-07 16:27:15)

I want to say yes to adding stacking penalty but then I couldn't fit 4 range extenders on my ECM Zenith. Also it would be a de facto buff to ewar as all those full tuner mentality types might actually fit an ECCM.