Re: The official: nerf ewar thread

Sad.

27 (edited by mynameisjoge 2014-05-06 05:30:11)

Should probably close thread, I see upcoming forum bans.

Not the mention that the derailing phase has already begun

Rage Rex wrote:

Zoom trust your instincts and close this thread before I poop all over it.

ALL NEW PvPers TAKE NOTICE: if you want to cut your teeth in PvP get in some light eWar bots and head to Kentagura. There you will find Soft Target Corp. Better hurry though as they will be packing it up and moving to Alpha very soon.

This is where Zoom sees the poli crap. Injected, not by STC but by CIR.

Mechanics side, the impact E-War has is the weaker side is now unable to inflict enough damage on the more powerful blob that the fight isn't worth their while. Cost of victory over cost of defeat is no longer a consideration for the blob. They can insure minimal loss through spam tactic.

Kaldenines wrote:

While some may argue that this is not really a problem, remember what happened last time all the pvp died off in this game?

Nothing like some good old scaremongering to start the morning.

You know how pvp dies? It does so when a corp with plentiful resources in material, player, EP, and years of perpetuum experience decide they're gonna stay docked and hope CIR gets bored and leaves, because this mystery corp only likes to "pvp" when there's no real competition.

30 (edited by BandwagonX9000 2014-05-06 05:52:03)

Ioci wrote:

Mechanics side, the impact E-War has is the weaker side is now unable to inflict enough damage on the more powerful blob that the fight isn't worth their while. Cost of victory over cost of defeat is no longer a consideration for the blob. They can insure minimal loss through spam tactic.

Lets nerf remote repairers then. And cap transfers. And dps numerical superiority. And whatever the other side fields that manages to stay out of range and not get hit. And terrain, can't have one side choosing and controlling terrain. And owning stations. And lets make it so that you can only produce a number of items despite how much you mine or how many producers you have.

And you'll still whine. Because you can't nerf other people's brains.

BandwagonX9000 wrote:
Ioci wrote:

Lets nerf remote repairers then. And cap transfers. And dps numerical superiority. And whatever the other side fields that manages to stay out of range and not get hit. And terrain, can't have one side choosing and controlling terrain. And owning stations. And lets make it so that you can only produce a number of items despite how much you mine or how many producers you have.

And you'll still whine. Because you can't nerf other people's brains.

And your dramatic reply suggests you rely too much on EWar, much like STC relied too much on teleport beacons.

Ioci wrote:

And your dramatic reply suggests you rely too much on EWar, much like STC relied too much on teleport beacons.

And your reply based on your interpretation of my reply shows what a ridiculous argument this thread is based on, back up to the amateurish "The official: " part in the subject.

BandwagonX9000 wrote:
Ioci wrote:

And your reply based on your interpretation of my reply shows what a ridiculous argument this thread is based on, back up to the amateurish "The official: " part in the subject.

Ioci wrote:

This was my contribution. Feel free to bicker away on the rest. I have no investment in your political gibberish.

I agree that ECM/Suppressors are bit too strong. Some tweaking of sensor strength vs ew strength would be nice.

Everything is counterable. It's perfectly possible to go up against a lot of ewar with none and still win if you fit right and fight right.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

And when you whine enough that they nerf EWar, what will you use to counter our Ictus Mk2s? Spam reactor sealings like you spam ECCM's now? lol

Please nerf EW, I've waited since the ERP nerf to have something so ridiculously overpowered at my disposal. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

A pro tip :  Try new fittings
Another pro tip:  Get a decent commander that at least knows what to target  - Seen too many enemies that only focus shooting a tank or hitting walls.
Nerf everything and you will still whine that the enemy is overpowered.  Do some training, find people and we can start pew pew. Cant help those who wont adapt nor learn.

38 (edited by BandwagonX9000 2014-05-06 10:47:07)

Here's what would happen: they would hail their forum and ticket spamming as a victory, which would be short lived as they get punched the *** out of Nia anyway.

Disclaimer: After having been notified there is no difference between player and avatar by dev zoom then the logical conclusion is that any threat to a group of avatars (that is, a corporation) can be construed as a threat to a group of players. Therefore I feel it is, in the best interest of the game, to inform readers this is in no shape of form intended to be any kind of real world threat of violence against any player. I hope this keeps those efeelings from getting hurt and tickets from being spammed on the basis of hurt efeelings.

39 (edited by MoBIoS 2014-05-06 12:48:34)

In before closed.

It´s a game of rock, paper, scissors, so what´s wrong with the ewar again?

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Neutin the wall!  Neutin the wall!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I'm not on a crusade to rid Perpetuum of e-war.. Rly.

42 (edited by BandwagonX9000 2014-05-06 19:56:47)

- Nerf EWAR!
- But dude *hush hush hush hush*
- Oh... oh... ok then Nerf CIR!
- One ticket at a time, one ticket at a time.

Can we close this troll thread yet?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Burial wrote:

I'm not on a crusade to rid Perpetuum of e-war.. Rly.

That image says it all. But you are misguided. Even if your forum campaign to nerf ewar succeeds in time you will just find another excuse when you're still losing.

Ioci wrote:

Pretty dam spot on and explains why there's so many "wipes" where one side doesn't take any losses. I've said it times and times again that those fights are boring.

Just for the record, my views are my own, I am not a representative for any corporation.

MoBIoS wrote:

In before closed.

I think the problem with the current ewar mechanic is that its similar to an indefinite stunlock, something that most other MMOs have learned to avoid in this day and age.

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:

Just for the record, my views are my own, I am not a representative for any corporation.

MoBIoS wrote:

In before closed.

I think the problem with the current ewar mechanic is that its similar to an indefinite stunlock, something that most other MMOs have learned to avoid in this day and age.

My views are my own also.

But what if both sides bring ewar? Then it wouldn't be a indefinite stunlock, correct?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Burial wrote:
Ioci wrote:

Pretty dam spot on and explains why there's so many "wipes" where one side doesn't take any losses. I've said it times and times again that those fights are boring.

Spot on? More like incoherent generalization.

Gremrod wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

MoBIoS wrote:

In before closed.

But what if both sides bring ewar? Then it wouldn't be a indefinite stunlock, correct?

Only if you have very similar numbers of ewar on each side.  Once one side starts to win it becomes easy to lock down the smaller force.

+1
-Confucius

50 (edited by Gremrod 2014-05-06 20:41:35)

Kaldenines wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

Only if you have very similar numbers of ewar on each side.  Once one side starts to win it becomes easy to lock down the smaller force.

So lets say ewar is nerfed. But the numbers on both sides of the fight doesn't change. (Meaning one side still out numbers the other side)

Wouldn't we be in the same boat?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23