Topic: The official: nerf ewar thread

This milkshake always brings the boys to the yard...

I usually try to avoid making partisan statements when talking about balance but I won't bother this time because:

A) The - no teleporting while flagged - change appears to have been made for no reason other than to appease the whining and crying of the largest alliance in the game (Hello Zoom, please tell me I'm wrong).

B) That same alliance is opposed to any changes in ewar mechanics for very cynical and short-termist reasons (No? Please do explain how you have the interests of the community at heart).

So... the current ewar mechanics are simply easymode for the larger group in a pvp encounter. Their effect is to make sure that those who are outnumbered can not fight back in anyway, ensuring risk-free pvp for the greater blob. 
While some may argue that this is not really a problem, remember what happened last time all the pvp died off in this game?

So the game budget sized question is, devs, will you do anything to sort this mess out?

+1
-Confucius

Re: The official: nerf ewar thread

I have said this at the time of the change but I'll say it again then: I have received multiple requests from various corps and individuals over a timespan of 1 year to change mobile teleports. Whatever political agenda you have in this I don't care, but leave the devs out of it please.

edit: also the way you posted this will make this more of a corporation dialogue topic than anything else. I can see the future.

3 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-05-06 01:25:09)

NERF TERRIBLE PVPers and TERRIBLE FCs

We have evidence from enemy coms and enemy videos of such terrible performance in combat that it is ludicrous to suggest that our ewars are the issue.

get real

dont make me start posting the stuff here

RIDICULOUS

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Consider this an official challenge.

Bring a fleet composing of 2-4 DPS, and the rest in EWars.

Let's agree on a time and place

*edit: Inappropriate. - DEV Zoom

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

You made me curious though: I don't really understand what does the mobile teleport flag change have to do with Ewar balance. (Other than thinking that was an "inside job" so it could be done again, in which case I'm outta here.)

STopCrying and disband already.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I have said this at the time of the change but I'll say it again then: I have received multiple requests from various corps and individuals over a timespan of 1 year to change mobile teleports. Whatever political agenda you have in this I don't care, but leave the devs out of it please.

edit: also the way you posted this will make this more of a corporation dialogue topic than anything else. I can see the future.

Unfortunately, every thread on this topic becomes a corp dialogue.

This is a balance issue, if I could leave the devs out of it, I would.

Would you care to list the names of the corps and/or individuals involved (have they all posted in this thread already)? I would like to know who decides the future of this game so that I can go petition them directly.

Lastly, how many signatures are needed before the petition leads to changes in the game?

+1
-Confucius

DEV Zoom wrote:

You made me curious though: I don't really understand what does the mobile teleport flag change have to do with Ewar balance. (Other than thinking that was an "inside job" so it could be done again, in which case I'm outta here.)

Both mechanics heavily favor the larger side.  (I should know, I have been part of the larger blob before in this game.) 

As you can see from the other responses in this thread, it really touches a nerve.

+1
-Confucius

Ok let's make this clear: changes to the game are NOT decided by the players, no petition or poll or whatever will help if we don't think it's a good idea. Players only provide feedback, but development is not a democracy.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok let's make this clear: changes to the game are NOT decided by the players, no petition or poll or whatever will help if we don't think it's a good idea. Players only provide feedback, but development is not a democracy.

Good to know.

+1
-Confucius

And when everyones in Grophos will than missles not ignore LOS?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Kaldenines wrote:

Both mechanics heavily favor the larger side.

I thought most of the mechanics do that? Simply because 1<2 will always be true.

But if people flee from a fight using mobile teleports then there is no fight at all so I'm not sure we can talk about sides there.

13 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-05-06 00:44:35)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

I thought most of the mechanics do that? Simply because 1<2 will always be true.

But if people flee from a fight using mobile teleports then there is no fight at all so I'm not sure we can talk about sides there.

When you have a straight gun fight, both sides get the chance to shoot each-other.  If one side is completely jammed out after the first few seconds, it's not really a fight.

Also if one side shows up with teleports, engages and then jumps out, then its some sort of a fight.
If that side shows up with teleports, sees that they are at a disadvantage, don't flag and simply jump out, then there is no fight.
Does that make sense?

EDIT: yes 1<2 will be true but we are talking about the difference between fighting and being unable to lock anything for a few minutes before death.  The first involves some kind of input from the player, the latter doesn't involve much at all.

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:

EDIT: yes 1<2 will be true but we are talking about the difference between fighting and being unable to lock anything for a few minutes before death.  The first involves some kind of input from the player, the latter doesn't involve much at all.

Its official: posting in a stunlock rage thread.

Tund Bungler wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

Its official: posting in a stunlock rage thread.

Well, um, yes... smile

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

When you have a straight gun fight, both sides get the chance to shoot each-other.  If one side is completely jammed out after the first few seconds, it's not really a fight.

Also if one side shows up with teleports, engages and then jumps out, then its some sort of a fight.
If that side shows up with teleports, sees that they are at a disadvantage, don't flag and simply jump out, then there is no fight.
Does that make sense?

Ganking a miner and beaconing out to alpha isn't a fight.

You're getting ewared out because your fits are WRONG, your bots are WRONG, your mentality is WRONG for fighting what you're fighting.

We've fielded the same composition for 3 years now and you still haven't engineered your fits and composition to counter us.

Remember that cam-mk2 fit you started running and started having some success with? How long did it take us to come up with our WASPFLEET counter?

At this point I pity your incompetence.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Dev Zoom,

I can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the issues people have , especially those who die in a fire continuously, are simply a victim of their own lack of experience and leadership/FCing and not the "Ewar" bs that they seem to deflect to.

The players that are stomping people in to the ground use the following overpowered modules called:

Teamwork
Communication
Cohesion
Leadership
Experience
Tactics
Morale
Proficiency
many more things...

Nerf the above because that is what we use to dominate the battlefield.

The minute our opponents start using at least one thing on that list they will do better.

nerf ewar .... you guys are out of your minds

do better

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

DEV Zoom wrote:

I don't normally poke at the dev team but I would have to ask , if the above is true , why would you feel the need to post this?

DEV Zoom wrote:

Liquidus wrote:

I don't normally poke at the dev team but I would have to ask , if the above is true , why would you feel the need to post this?

Because we value feedback that brings our attention to problems. Though that doesn't always mean that we also see it as a problem, of course.

Jesus Christ.

Rage, add numbers to that list of yours, generally it's the deciding factor.
The other things are important of course, but generally numbers decide the fight.

I disagree with nerfing Ewar.

Zoom, I don't like the mobile tele change because in the end it does favour the larger side. And because you still allow jumped while flagged on external teleports .... Makes no sense allowing one but not the other.

Posted without politics.

Cassius wrote:

Jesus Christ.

15 minutes! 15 minutes is all that's needed!!!

Numbers! its all about the numbers!!!

Posted without politics

Zoom fell for the troll.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Seriously Kalenines you should run from STC while there is still time. Save yourself Man! SAVE YOURSELF!!! fuuu

Cassius wrote:

Zoom, I don't like the mobile tele change because in the end it does favour the larger side. And because you still allow jumped while flagged on external teleports .... Makes no sense allowing one but not the other.

Actually it does make sense, because in the case of fixed teleports you only have to pick from two destinations tops where the chased can go. This isn't true for mobile teleports.

25 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-06 03:11:43)

Zoom trust your instincts and close this thread before I poop all over it.

ALL NEW PvPers TAKE NOTICE: if you want to cut your teeth in PvP get in some light eWar bots and head to Kentagura. There you will find Soft Target Corp. Better hurry though as they will be packing it up and moving to Alpha very soon.