Topic: Lemon AMA. (ask me anything)

GO! (desk job again folks prepare your forums)

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Re: Lemon AMA. (ask me anything)

When you coming back?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3 (edited by Inda 2014-01-24 09:26:40)

I started to thinking make a new corporation,
try to help alfa players and try to make a 3rd faction ingame
any advice to me? (seriously)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Why blue?

5 (edited by Lemon 2014-01-25 03:05:42)

Inda wrote:

Yeah totally, you first need to build your foundation to support everything that you want to build.

I need a computer to answer this fully so I will fill in more later.

Edit: To Expand

You need to have your goals set and bench marks for your players so that they have objectives to focus on. On top of this you need to solve the equation of generating the nic, bots, Mods, and ore you need to do these things. This can be done by trading Epi for alpha resources, kernals for mod's but you need to have a system and plan for providing the things you need to achieve your goals.

Build a core-group of people and determine what is the best things you can do to make the most while losing the least. If you plan on being PvP active this is even more of  a factor because for every loss  you take is less 'PvP' time. No PvP time is not a fun time and will drive players away.

Your greatest issues will be politics, spies, Industry, and moochers, I would advise picking players who are very good in each of these to help handle the majority in these sections.Also be sure to keep your players informed and knowing how to acquire gear so that your industrial players are not harassed all day.

For example when I made E-Harm I purposefully set out to recruit equally focused players in each of those aspects. I was able to join with Arga who matched my PvP drive in the Industry aspect as well as a handful of other like minded Indy players. Once I had the ability to gear and feed my PvPers I set out for experienced PvPers who would know how to survive more than they loss. This was to create profits for my industry to continue to grow and feed more.

It is a giant machine and depending on the quality of each part and how they were put together gives you certain results.

Undefeated 2013
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

6 (edited by Arga 2014-01-24 18:47:55)

Inda wrote:

Those two goals, while not mutually exclusive, are counter-productive.

PIE was an alpha gathering/production corp, of which I was CEO, and CIR is a PVP faction corp where I am (now on standy) an officer. So I have experience with both of the goals you are trying to acheive.

The culture of a corporation is significant in determining how it's players impact Perp and the game flow of Nia. If you start a corp with a focus on Alpha, then you're putting less priority on PVP, beta, and building gamma bases. And the reverse is true.

So, my advice is to choose one of those two goals and focus on that, if you try to do both you're focus will be too spread out and you won't acheive either.

Edit: Oops, this is Lemons AMA : )  So rephrase this as a question to Lemon if he agrees or not, for form.

7 (edited by Lemon 2014-01-24 18:47:06)

SpnX wrote:

Why blue?

I honestly enjoy yellow or my Seth mote than a mesmer. However from my experiance in PvP I am even more effect in the mesmer for my day to day play.

A proper fit mesmer is very very flexible with it's speed because the general rule when fitting is if it's faster than you it has a better tank. So add in that a proper fit can run down any non pure speed mechs makes it king

Undefeated 2013

Hail Lemon (and Arga!) Good to see you guys around even though I haven't been in awhile. Lemon if you aren't playing you should be. Looking forward to getting back in the flow...

9 (edited by Celebro 2014-04-22 15:17:44)

Arga, you have no excuse for not posting since payment model change, you should have bunch of lifetime accounts smile

RIP PERPETUUM

If I'm looking to begin weed smoking what strain would you recommend? I don't want to go all crazy with the super strong stuff, just something akin to chilling and drinking a six pack of beer. Thoughts?

Celebro wrote:

Arga, you have no excuse for not posting since payment model change, you should have bunch of lifetime accounts smile

I lurk ...  tongue

Tund Bungler wrote:

If I'm looking to begin weed smoking what strain would you recommend? I don't want to go all crazy with the super strong stuff, just something akin to chilling and drinking a six pack of beer. Thoughts?

You will probably want to stick with a stronger Sativa strand, if your also looking to relax a bit more after a long days work sprinkle some indica in during grinding.

Undefeated 2013

Lemon wrote:
Tund Bungler wrote:

You will probably want to stick with a stronger Sativa strand, if your also looking to relax a bit more after a long days work sprinkle some indica in during grinding.

I approve this post! big_smile

question: do we need to know you?

GERMAN ROBOTECH INDUSTRIES
| high tech engineering since 2010 | Website

what is the average speed of an unladen swallow?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:

African or European ?

tongue

serious question - how to destroy a 25k Hitpoint target as fast as possible with the least effort?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

serious question - how to destroy a 25k Hitpoint target as fast as possible with the least effort?

AIDS

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Laserkraft wrote:

question: do we need to know you?

No, I am merely a figment of your imagination nothing more nothing less.

Gremrod wrote:

Although a definitive answer would of course require further measurements, published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers based on that study all lead me to estimate that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.

Annihilator wrote:

cant really answer with out more information on what it is your killing.

Undefeated 2013

Annihilator wrote:

BLOB it?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

21 (edited by Annihilator 2014-05-01 20:01:38)

really?
its something that costs 1M Nic on the market,
takes 3 minutes to deploy until it can be used
and is the bane of all PvP encounters, because it doesnt appear on killmails.

20m hitsize - you cant miss it.

2 plasmabombs seem to be expensive compared to it (2x1.5M Nic @7.5U each), and can be shot down with much less effort.
a full tuner fit machinegun seth mk2 needs ~50 seconds with standard ammo, but seems to be unreasonable to bring into pvp, and has to be very close to it.

a tuner fit mesmer with promts seems to need 10 volleys with magnedarts, same short range.

but thats theocrafting, nothing practical.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Have you ever considered an alt named Melon? yarr

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

23 (edited by Squint 2014-05-06 19:02:06)

Gremrod wrote:

25 mph

However I think people missed the Monty Python quip.

"Blue. ... No, yell ..."

bump:
do you actually play your accounts, or is that someone else who is far worse at PvP then yourself?