Re: Multiple Accounts - Let's discuss!

You can buy another account and never log them at the same time, does that work for you? Or are your looking just for a cheaper alternative?

RIP PERPETUUM

Whats wrong with 60$ for a 2nd char on same acc with separate EP pool?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

28 (edited by Xelanthol 2014-04-27 18:47:19)

Again, I know I can. It's a combination of a cheaper alternative, and the fact that perpetuum in it's current state calls for multiple toons to be truly enjoyable. I paid $30 for the game, I'm willing to pay another $10 for an upgraded character slot, my investment would now be $40. That is approaching a AAA game price. Now I can enjoy the game to it's fullest extent without breaking balance and the perpetuum dev team gets more money. I feel like more then enough people would purchase this to make up for the time spent coding it.  On top of this, it makes Perpetuum more accessible, a think a decent portion of people would not feel as pressured to make multiple accounts but would still throw money at the team. It stops people from feeling "locked in" with their choices while maintaining game balance. I'm not looking to stop multiple accounts, I'm looking to tackle the problem that multiple accounts are required for an enjoyable game experience - how can they monetize this and make it part of the base game instead.

@Syndic, do you truly think that is reasonable? You know that it's not. Your argument is based on the fact that this would take time away from other aspects of the game and would not be profitable, hence why you seem to think they should charge $60 for "supply and demand". People want the chance to experiment and play different roles without having a second account. $10 dollars is a perfect opportunity for people who do not want multiple accounts to be able to dabble and diversify (again without upsetting current game balance). Is there any reason OTHER then your perceived idea there is no demand for this that you disagree?

well, since the game now is a steam game - you can wait for a sale event, to get a cheap second character.

i wouldn't actually be surprised if they would start selling dual-packs because of the fact that the game is made to have at least two accounts. (ok, actually i would be surprised if the DEVs aknowledge that fact...)

which brings up the question - Steam allows you to link several accounts and an interface to quick-switch between them (not running multiple ones at once VIA steam) - > does it also allow you to buy multiple copies of the game?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Your secound toon on the same acct will progress at the same ep rate as some one elses main. Why should your backup toon be as powerful as some one elses main toon when they paid thirty dollaes and you paid ten?

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

31 (edited by Syndic 2014-04-27 19:16:31)

Xelanthol wrote:

@Syndic, do you truly think that is reasonable? You know that it's not. Your argument is based on the fact that this would take time away from other aspects of the game and would not be profitable, hence why you seem to think they should charge $60 for "supply and demand". People want the chance to experiment and play different roles without having a second account. $10 dollars is a perfect opportunity for people who do not want multiple accounts to be able to dabble and diversify (again without upsetting current game balance). Is there any reason OTHER then your perceived idea there is no demand for this that you disagree?

Because everyone else who wanted a 2nd char to have fun on shelled out 30$, you're the only one trying to sneakily be a jew about it from a moral highground.

Wallet, open it. Everyone else did.

Wanna know the $$$ difference between 4 years/10$ monthly/10 accounts and your 60$?

CIR Complaint Form

Because I can't use both at the same time, which is a massive benefit to multiple accounts (and a problem the devs are trying to tackle). On top of that is the fact that it is time based. Yeah it's progressing as fast as someone elses main toon, but if their main toon has been around longer then they will always be better then me at what they chose to do.

If the argument is why my 10 dollar toon would progress at the same rate as someone elses main toon, the fact is that I ALSO paid the 30 dollars, and now am paying MORE for a second linked but separate toon. It comes down to money? I don't think the "You should only enjoy the game if you want to put the 30 dollars for a second account just like everyone else" is a sound one. I'm not looking to 5 bot my own mining operation. Like I said, multiple accounts are a huge part of the game. But why? It's not intended, how can we make owning a single account more attractive and avoid multi-bots single-person operations?

If I was Jewish, does that matter? At any rate however I'm not looking to upset anyone who has already paid. Look at it from my point of view, I did not join perpetuum as a sub based game, I joined it as a one-off purchase game. And everyone else who joins it from now on will join under that same pretense. As such I cannot relate and won't argue with you about whether your past investments and future changes will be fair, as it's not a sub game anymore. 

"Pay 30 bucks for it because thats what I did" is a faulty argument. You bring up the exact issue I'm having in perpetuum:

@Syndic, "Because everyone else who wanted a 2nd char to have fun on shelled out 30$" I'm sorry, I want to have fun as well and purchase the game only once, but I'm willing to contribute more money for more versatility.

If you're going to attack me personally and say I'm taking the morale high ground, then don't bother posting, I want to talk about if the implementation of this will help address the usage of multiple accounts. If you can't talk about the impact on the game and the current state of multiple accounts then there is nothing for you here.

You two are calling me greedy, (or you should be rather then calling me a jew) then yeah, maybe I am being a little bit. I'm a consumer just like all of you, and the way perpetuum is currently set up I feel FORCED to have a second account to enjoy the game. I don't want a second account, that's the whole argument here. It's not a second account, I don't want to play in two bots at once which is THE MAIN BENEFIT OF A SECOND ACCOUNT. Yes, part of my suggestion addresses the price.

I'm a customer paying for something. After having paid for it I find out to really enjoy it I need to have a second account. I don't think that's fair, and the devs have said that the game isn't designed with the idea in mind that everyone should have more then one account. So how can we help support the devs, prevent multiple accounts, but at the same time address the issue of why are people using multiple accounts in the first place?

Yeah, I don't think it's right (and enticing to new players) that I feel forced to pay another 30$ to have fun. If for that reason you imagine me in a Synagogue reading the Torah then I can't help you there. If you think I'm greedy and want more game for less money, you have a valid point.

The real argument is if I'm being greedy OR feeling like I shouldn't need to purchase the game again to have the fun that perpetuum has to offer. If you want to attack my idea on the premise that I have a personal bias (greed) then argue that fact and don't half *** it with a one line forum post while dismissing every other thing I have said.

I want the ability to enjoy perpetuum without the use of a second account. What do you suggest?

The DEVS in gen chat said no, the Dev on the stream said no, you have been told many many times, and yet you keep coming back whining about it.

I suggest you either buy a secound acct or stop whineing about it.

Your about as bed as my grandkids that i had to sew thier mouth shut.

35 (edited by Xelanthol 2014-04-27 20:11:32)

Annihilator wrote:

well, since the game now is a steam game - you can wait for a sale event, to get a cheap second character.

i wouldn't actually be surprised if they would start selling dual-packs because of the fact that the game is made to have at least two accounts. (ok, actually i would be surprised if the DEVs aknowledge that fact...)

which brings up the question - Steam allows you to link several accounts and an interface to quick-switch between them (not running multiple ones at once VIA steam) - > does it also allow you to buy multiple copies of the game?

I didn't see this post, but yeah-the game is made to have at least two accounts, that's what I'm talking about. You can't grab a second copy on steam I don't think with the way it's currently set up. If they sold a "dual package" for a slightly discounted price I would be 100% down for that, as I think THAT is the way perpetuum needs to be played. But steam doesn't allow for multiple accounts currently.

And RedKGBm the devs in gen chat did not say no, they were listening and made a few comments here and there about time based EP growth and the fact that shared ep is a cornerstone. I did not watch the stream, and no I have not been told many times. You sitting at your chair saying "No no no no" doesn't mean jack to me. Other people on here have commented that they would like something like this. If you think defending my point and looking for discussion about a game I enjoy is whining, then piss off, no one is asking you to stay here and you don't have to deal with it anymore. People like you prevent growth and evolution of a game by outright dismissing discussion you disagree with. A simple "No" will suffice from you.

Xelanthol wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

I didn't see this post, but yeah-the game is made to have at least two accounts, that's what I'm talking about. You can't grab a second copy on steam I don't think with the way it's currently set up.

And RedKGBm the devs in gen chat did not say no, they were listening and made a few comments here and there about time based EP growth. I did not watch the stream, and no I have not been told many times. You sitting at your chair saying "No no no no" doesn't mean jack to me. Other people on here have commented that they would like something like this. If you think defending my point and looking for discussion about a game I enjoy is whining, then piss off, no one is asking you to stay here and you don't have to deal with it anymore. People like you prevent growth and evolution of a game by outright dismissing discussion you disagree with.

My troll was successful. smile

Jimmies rustled, pat yourself on the back for that one.

Have you considered making your first character do something you enjoy doing?

Wouldn't that bypass this entire thing? Why do you feel obliged to have a character for stuff you clearly don't enjoy?

CIR Complaint Form

Xelanthol wrote:

Jimmies rustled, pat yourself on the back for that one.

Not only rustled but you went all out Boston Bomber, I say that was a win for the day.

40 (edited by Xelanthol 2014-04-27 20:19:48)

That's a valid point. I do enjoy mining and industry, and I went into it. I guess part of the issue is you won't know 100% if you like something until you are fully immersed in it, and by that point your EP is spent unless you want to spend more money on getting it back. I'm enjoying mining right now, but if that's all I did for all of the time I play perpetuum, I feel it'd get stale-but that's what I'm good at (and invested in now).

Thank you Syndic that was a legit question. I guess my answer is that maybe I should have chosen better, but I enjoy a lot of things in perpetuum. I do enjoy mining, but after having doing it I don't know if that's all I want to do in perpetuum, y'know?

@RedKGB, lmao, still kept most of my cool. Give yourself about 2-3 pats on the back but if you really want to compare yourself to acts of terror then you gotta troll harder man.

Xelanthol wrote:

If they sold a "dual package" for a slightly discounted price I would be 100% down for that, as I think THAT is the way perpetuum needs to be played. But steam doesn't allow for multiple accounts currently.

Thats a much more reasonable request, just a discount for buying multiple accounts, since that is basically what you're buying, but you just won't be able to buy the second one through steam (probably). But sure why not have a promotion where you can essentially buy an alt for a reduced price, doesn't require anything to be rewritten, much simpler and a better idea than your original one.

Sure, I'd be more then happy with that compromise. Many (and all of the older) players I've spoken to say an alt account is the way to go, but when I first joined perpetuum I didn't know that would be the case. Thanks for the input Dazamin.

You want the Full EP pool for 2 "characters" so you can have a more diverse experience. But you think it's wrong that you need 2 "Accounts" to accomplish that goal. And you're willing to still pay for that "character"

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. But if it makes you feel better...

44 (edited by Curblugeon 2014-04-28 15:23:41)

screw any other way the way to do is it this way and no other.

The world is flat.

why not have an option but pay a sub or 5/month? to have 2 toons on 1 account with separate pools.
The devs continue to make money - more than just 30 bucks.

Make it so that the sub/pay is required to operate the second account.

why not pick your poison and do what is best for the game. na this is an forum.
screw player friendliness and more money into the game.

I can see entitled douchbag vets are going to be this issue with this game. Wonder why it has a poor pop?

I have 10 accounts now.  Need me to haul your stuff?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

46 (edited by Curblugeon 2014-04-28 15:31:55)

I would rather you come out and play.
Say New Crimea?

Please

Hauling is so mundane - lets blow stuff up!

47 (edited by Syndic 2014-04-28 15:48:12)

You could always come to Domhalarn too...

Guaranteed fight & play.

CIR Complaint Form