Topic: Alpha 1 Outposts

They were never great hubs but with the change in the teleport network there's even less reason for people to go to them. The possible exceptions are Berwalem, Hakkabor and Bellicha but the nearby teleports only go to Alpha2 and not Beta anymore.

I propose that the facilities which currently enjoy a base of 50 points at Alpha1 outposts are increased to a base of 75 points to encourage more use.

Re: Alpha 1 Outposts

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

... facilities which currently enjoy a base of 50 points at Alpha 1 outposts are increased to a base of 75 points to encourage more use.

A little bump for this one I think. Bring life to Alpha 1 outposts.

I would do them like they were originally.

Maybe One facility or two that are at 75, while the other are at 0.

The only reason people use the Alpha 2s are that all the facilitys are there and better bonuses.

5 (edited by Alexander 2014-04-28 18:19:48)

Ville wrote:

I would do them like they were originally.

Maybe One facility or two that are at 75, while the other are at 0.

The only reason people use the Alpha 2s are that all the facilitys are there and better bonuses.

Make living out of an outpost on alpha 1 islands more feasible by fixing travel links between them without breaking how large each zone feels.
Better facilities than the terminal is a good idea but no facility should be worse than the alpha 1 terminal.

I don't have a great suggestion but my half baked idea is that add receiving teleporters near every outpost so that you can use beacons to travel away from them and to them.

You got to have a reason to move materials back and forth, people are lazy atm.  They want everything in one terminal and don't want to move it.  Like I produce in Tellesis, why?  Cause I am too lazy to move it to Beta.

7 (edited by Celebro 2014-04-28 19:39:26)

Ville wrote:

You got to have a reason to move materials back and forth, people are lazy atm.  They want everything in one terminal and don't want to move it.  Like I produce in Tellesis, why?  Cause I am too lazy to move it to Beta.

Yes, it still is better to take a small hit on production efficiency than keep hauling alpha minerals to beta.

Edit: Its not lazy actually think how long it takes to haul, you could have been mining. Time is money.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

They were never great hubs but with the change in the teleport network there's even less reason for people to go to them. The possible exceptions are Berwalem, Hakkabor and Bellicha but the nearby teleports only go to Alpha2 and not Beta anymore.

I propose that the facilities which currently enjoy a base of 50 points at Alpha1 outposts are increased to a base of 75 points to encourage more use.

That's how it was originally and then the devs changed it because ... Well you know.

+1

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."