Topic: One additional headslot for Mining Bots

For all mining bots an additional Headslot who can ONLY fittet whit a GEO-Scanner.

This will make mining much easier.

greeting

Re: One additional headslot for Mining Bots

that doesnt make any sense

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

+1 more efficient riv nl 2

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Indy wrote:

For all mining bots an additional Headslot who can ONLY fittet whit a GEO-Scanner.

greeting

I like this idea!

+1 for this idea

6 (edited by Alexander 2014-04-28 06:50:46)

If you want to geoscan then take off a tuning and fit a geoscanner.
The devs could/should make it easier for geoscanner results to be shareable with the squad so you don't need every miner fitted with a geoscanner.

Use join me and have one person stream and scan the tiles that you need to mine. Then share the stream to me, I can give you some tips how to better mine on beta!

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Extra head slot will just be used for an extra tuner by everybody.

Answer is to make the geo-scanner a chassis module for the miscellaneous slot. That would change artifacting too.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

read again and then come back...

Indy wrote:

(...) an additional Headslot who can ONLY fittet whit a GEO-Scanner (...)

Indy wrote:
Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Indy wrote:

I think your reading comprehension skills need to kick in before acting like a ***. 

If you Add an additional head slot for Just a geoscanner,

I.E. an argano has 2, now it has 3.  The freed up space will simple be replaced by a tuner.  So I'll break out the crayons.  If two headslots are present and 1 has a tuning and the other has a geoscanner by adding an additional headslot, Only for the Geoscanner will then allow for 3 head slots.  The Now Free, because we had previously used a geoscanner in one of those two slots, headslot will have a tuner added to it.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Answer is to make the geo-scanner a chassis module for the miscellaneous slot. That would change artifacting too.

is it a year already:

Annihilator wrote:

+1

it isnt like i haven't requested that constantly.

i would add: merge chassis and cargo scanner! wasting one headslot for an almost useless equip module is already a penalty, but two...

i could also renew request: scanner = misc slot item, not headslot. but due to certain circustances, its hardly imaginable that we will see anything new that needs a 3D mesh...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

12 (edited by Celebro 2014-04-28 17:01:44)

Ville wrote:
Indy wrote:
Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Indy wrote:

I think your reading comprehension skills need to kick in before acting like a ***. 

I.E. an argano has 2, now it has 3.  The freed up space will simple be replaced by a tuner.  So I'll break out the crayons.  If two headslots are present and 1 has a tuning and the other has a geoscanner by adding an additional headslot, Only for the Geoscanner will then allow for 3 head slots.  The Now Free, because we had previously used a geoscanner in one of those two slots, headslot will have a tuner added to it.

You don't really gain a tuner slot if you used to go back and refit to a proper miner, not scanner bot.

RIP PERPETUUM

Indy wrote:

Mining 2 Hard sad

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:
Indy wrote:

You don't really gain a tuner slot if you used to go back and refit to a proper miner, not scanner bot.

Some people just say *** it and scan with their riveler mk2.

since the change in mineral mechanics, your tunigns and per-cycle yield bonus only affects your mining rate. You only lose a time efficiency, sacrificing one slot for a scanner or a NEXUS to buff the whole group. (opposite to the old system where you "lost" what you can get max out of one tile/field)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

If there was a stacking penalty on tuners, this would not be an issue.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Penalize the players more?

18 (edited by Celebro 2014-04-28 17:39:22)

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Not really, if tuners are more effective by themselves (with a buff) but less so as you keep adding more of the same tuners. So 5 tuners will have same bonus as now but by removing the 5th you loose like 1% bonus instead of 5000% bonus lost. tongue

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Not really, if tuners are more effective by themselves (with a buff) but less so as you keep adding more of the same tuners. So 5 tuners will have same bonus as now but by removing the 5th you loose like 1% bonus instead of 5000% bonus lost. tongue

Make more modules unique and then increase their stats. big_smile

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

I'd just supplement this with adding anothing mining account.

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

I'd just supplement this with adding anothing mining account.

Good thing, multiple accounts don't stack bonuses like tuners do. Oh wait, they do allow u stack more tuners on 1 account while you RSA with another though. big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Wasn't there an idea floating around about another set of items having multiple uses. Like an all-in-one Geo/Tuner module?

Arga wrote:

Wasn't there an idea floating around about another set of items having multiple uses. Like an all-in-one Geo/Tuner module?

Are you trolling again? lol

RIP PERPETUUM

Mayyybe smile

On topic, technically you don't need a geo scanner to mine, so I wouldn't put this as a must_have module that needs a dedicated slot. Would it make it easier to mine, no it would make it more efficient, both in setup and relock time, resulting in overall higher session yeilds.

tl;dr Geo scanner headslot will increase total mining session yeilds. To maintain yeild balances at current levels would require a nerf elsewhere unless a stealth buff is the intention of this feature.

i still think mining mechs should have a geoscanner built in, instead of the accuracy bonus.
Module should be for use in mechs that are not meant to have it built in (combat mechs)