Topic: I've never seen so many client crashes

WTF!!?!?!!!!!!!!!!! Shadows off, graphics options low, vsync off, only draw distance and terrain are on high, all 3 clients windowed mode, only my main account has ansio/antialiasing on at all, getting client crashes every 10 minutes at random on different accounts, docked or not.

IT'S NEVER BEEN SO UNSTABLE HOLY *** BALLS!!!!!!!!!!

Frame rates are fine, 3 separate copies of the game running from SSD.  It's ridiculous.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: I've never seen so many client crashes

I hate when that happens too. Servers crapping atm it seems.

May have fixed it by going back several months in video card drivers.   Seeing that nvdia 335.23 is melting cards and causing *** loads of problems.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

yea, this sounds like a problem on your end more than perp tbh.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Crepitus wrote:

May have fixed it by going back several months in video card drivers.   Seeing that nvdia 335.23 is melting cards and causing *** loads of problems.

Nope.  Logged in 3 accounts immediately had nvidia driver kernel crash as soon as i hit private storage on one of them...

Population graphs

sounds like a failing graphics card

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Indeed, nvidia driver crash is hardly our fault smile Shadowmine might be right unfortunately. Or it might be a faulty power supply too.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Indeed, nvidia driver crash is hardly our fault smile Shadowmine might be right unfortunately. Or it might be a faulty power supply too.

Trying beta drivers... I've had the same config for 2 years minus updates haven't had a single issue previously.  I read about MS adding their TDR ***.  I do appreciate the help, but I am a tech for a living, I've tested my own hardware extensively and found no issues... poking around in the dark sucks.  this describes the problem exactly only I have a 570.  It's the randomness that sucks the most.

Population graphs

defrag your HD, duhhhh

go back to the 335.33 drivers ... smile

oh, and no hardware lasts forever, you should know that ... an intermittent fault is a pain to diagnose.

you're not running Windows Hate are you ?

Windows Hate = Win 8

11 (edited by Crepitus 2014-04-25 09:55:25)

Gunner wrote:

defrag your HD, duhhhh

You don't defrag SSDs (unless you hate both your life and money).

hanneble lector wrote:

go back to the 335.33 drivers ... smile

oh, and no hardware lasts forever, you should know that ... an intermittent fault is a pain to diagnose.

you're not running Windows Hate are you ?

I'm running the 337.50 beta drivers after reading the release notes, I'll give that a shot.  Yes, nothing is immortal, however this an expensive card and should definitely last more than 2 years.  I have much much older nvidia cards laying around (although I can't find my 8800 for some reason) that still work.  I've never had a problem with a factory OC'd card, which this is, it's not overheating and the fan never goes over 55% and rarely goes over 45%, I've not done anything weird with it like flash the gpu bios... and as I type this with 3 clients running but not even in logged in to game it crashed kernel driver again ;/

I set up a windows 8 pro machine at work before it was released to test it out.  It's total ***.  The only good thing about it was the task manager and the ability to right click where there should be a start menu on the desktop and get to services faster but those are minor compared to the rest of the total ***.  *** their market hard.

EDIT: I should say some time after my original post I stopped blaming Perp, but since other people may benefit I keep posting my saga wink

Population graphs

Of course it could be a power supply issue - I see the 570 requires 550w psu - I had similar problems with my 590 till I updated the psu

Absolutely! I had an older apparently not great power supply that I used when I built my new computer. I had the same kind of issues with perpetuum with my 660 TI. Kernel issuses, drivers failing. I eventually traced the issue to the powersupply. While my power supply had the wattage to run my card, It didn't have enough amps on the 12v rail, a lot of these newer cards are power hogs on the 12v rail. Problems went away with the new PSU.

14 (edited by Crepitus 2014-04-26 01:07:32)

Lupus Caeli wrote:

Of course it could be a power supply issue - I see the 570 requires 550w psu - I had similar problems with my 590 till I updated the psu

I have a 650w, 80 bronze rated,  but it's several years old, I think maybe older than the card I don't remember.  Having eliminated the other problems it seems to be the only thing left, capacitors get less efficient over time so perhaps it's finally not enough for this 219watt card.  I did look at a power supply calculator and rough estimate of usage would have put everything under 100w of breathing room at max efficiency (and much lower if you only count the 'guarunteed' minimum from the rating) so not looking good ;/

EDIT:  Apologies to the DEVs for my initial rage post.  Now, back to the kitchen to roast some more green coffee beans wink

Population graphs