Re: Suggestion/Discussion: make ewar LOS and AoE

I think that idea does have merit as well.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I think LOS is a good idea too. Makes the EW role a bit more active. It's quite easy to multibox 2-3 EW accounts- nothing should be that passive.

28 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-04-17 19:53:00)

Burial wrote:

It's quite easy to multibox 2-3 EW accounts- nothing should be that passive.

I find it quite challenging to use just one ewar account effectively and I spend most of my PvP time on EW. I would not even attempt to use two (unless the second was a Follow Bot on the old mechanics).

You must be Ultra-Pro. I think you should take your High-Pro-Skills into account and think of yourself in the top 1% Pro-Skill category. With that perspective you may realize that none of your ideas work for the other 99% of the community who simply cannot keep up with your Pro-Skill-Nature.

LOS for ewar may be within your Pro-Skill-Set but then the rest of us would never be able to compete with you.

Rage Rex wrote:
Burial wrote:

It's quite easy to multibox 2-3 EW accounts- nothing should be that passive.

I find it quite challenging to use just one ewar account effectively and I spend most of my PvP time on EW. I would not even attempt to use two (unless the second was a Follow Bot on the old mechanics).

You must be Ultra-Pro. I think you should take your High-Pro-Skills into account and think of yourself in the top 1% Pro-Skill category. With that perspective you may realize that none of your ideas work for the other 99% of the community who simply cannot keep up with your Pro-Skill-Nature.

LOS for ewar may be within your Pro-Skill-Set but then the rest of us would never be able to compete with you.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm.

30 (edited by Burial 2014-04-18 00:19:23)

What's exactly so bad with LOS on jamms? Combat already has LOS and so do neuts.

If you want to make the argument that Vagas/Zeniths are squishy then you are wrong. It takes more shots to kill shielded Vaga than it does for double plated and framed Kain.

Burial wrote:

What's exactly so bad with LOS on jamms? Combat already has LOS and so do neuts.

If you want to make the argument that Vagas/Zeniths are squishy then you are wrong. It takes more shots to kill shielded Vaga than it does for double plated and framed Kain.

I still don't like LoS on L-Demobs and wouldn't really want it on anything else. You are right about the Vaga being harder to kill, but thats more an issue of shields vs armor I think, it's just flat out superior for anything that doesn't need to drop shield to use its modules.

There was a time where armor tanking was effective.

That time has longs since past thanks to a couple balancing patches to 'fix' a few armor fits roll

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Lemon wrote:

That time has longs since past thanks to a couple balancing patches to 'fix' a few armor fits roll

Well Erps were effective, more than armor in general

Dazamin wrote:
Lemon wrote:

well, and because of that they nerfed ERPs, Repair tuner and ERPs a second time.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Dazamin wrote:
Lemon wrote:

well, and because of that they nerfed ERPs, Repair tuner and ERPs a second time.

Ah yeah tunings too I forgot that one, that was aimed at RR right? Fixing a specific problem by nerfing everything related to it, sure I have seen that more than once. smile

Yeah sure, you can multibox ECMs, but will it be effective? nope nope nope.
When you are talking that guns have LOS and EW bots don't usually need LOS, you forget to mention that:
1. The bot with the guns can make the EW bot disappear in a puff of smoke.
2. The bot with the guns usualy has a lot more effective HP.
+ there are other ways to defend against the EW bots.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

Yeah sure, you can multibox ECMs, but will it be effective? nope nope nope.
When you are talking that guns have LOS and EW bots don't usually need LOS, you forget to mention that:
1. The bot with the guns can make the EW bot disappear in a puff of smoke.
2. The bot with the guns usualy has a lot more effective HP.
+ there are other ways to defend against the EW bots.

when you are talking about EW bots, you usually forget to mention:
you can make the bot with the guns unable to do anything (supressor + ecm = unable to lock) while you stay behind cover. with a higher chance of success then he can make you go puff.

and its not your ewar bot that makes the other go puff - its the other bot with weapons next to you that kills that completely defensless target.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

38 (edited by Norrdec 2014-04-24 12:47:55)

To be honest EW can turn the tides of battle to the group that uses it successfully, but we can tell about that about everything(more blob, more follow, more ew, more guns) and about any game(EVE has also a lot of things that you have to take into account - triage, ew, cloaked ships, bombs, MWD and MicroJump drives drones etc).

Like for everything in the game there is need of some balance changes, but LOS is not the way to go imo.

Not our fault that for the longest time we had people on our side sacrificed the chancee to appear in killmails in favor of successfull fleets composition big_smile So no QQ please lol

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I think you could fix any and all ewar problems by increasing the effectiveness of ECCM by 30%.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

I think you could fix any and all ewar problems by increasing the effectiveness of ECCM by 30%.

EWWW STFU.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Jita wrote:

Something like that is probly the best solution....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:
Jita wrote:

Something like that is probly the best solution....

once upon a time, there was an "active ECCM" mode where you sacrificed all your accumulator for 10 seconds ewar immunity. It also removed any lock on you, friend or foe and any active buff/debuff.
cooldown was much longer then duration. (1 minute)

it was called GTFO mode and was deemed so imba that they even hotfixed it out of the game, while i still trying to figure out what someone could do in 10 seconds without any remaining accumulator.

well, excluded tyrannos mk2 pilots.

I haven't figures out why the "active eccm" mode was made so extreme in the first place, but IMHO a less extreme version would be a great addition to the game (aka same power consumption as a ECM module for much higher sensor strength)

Jita wrote:

There isn't an ewar problem.

There is only a consistent and categorical lack of creative thinking.

Kind of like when Styx was running 30 intakt gangs and people were raging they couldn't catch them in arbalests with plates.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Kind of like when Styx was running 30 intakt gangs and people were raging they couldn't catch them in arbalests with plates.

there was not problem with armored teleport beacons either,
there was only a consistent and categorical lack of creative thinking to counter them.

46 (edited by Tux 2014-04-25 16:53:04)

LOL lol ... I almost spit out my coffee when I saw this post.

Annihilator wrote:
Syndic wrote:

there was not problem with armored teleport beacons either,
there was only a consistent and categorical lack of creative thinking to counter them.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

47 (edited by Burial 2014-04-25 17:05:43)

Is there any reason why Suppressor bonuses are applied to the module twice?

The "problem" with ECM is that it's good in large engagements but even better in small engagements. Currently a camelion can pretty much lock down a heavy and that's the end of the story.

The point of this suggestion isn't really about about LOS vs non-LOS.  It's more about AOE.

The aim is to have an ewar mechanic that makes more of a difference in larger fights (15+ bots) than it does in smaller fights (<5 bots). 

In effect, something in-between current ECM and the current interference emitter mechanic.

Oriamen wrote:

The "problem" with ECM is that it's good in large engagements but even better in small engagements.

The 'Problem' is when agressors only bring DPS and they run into a smart group of players that have a balanced squad with dedicated ECM bots.

Oriamen wrote:

The "problem" with ECM is that it's good in large engagements but even better in small engagements. Currently a camelion can pretty much lock down a heavy and that's the end of the story.

The point of this suggestion isn't really about about LOS vs non-LOS.  It's more about AOE.

The aim is to have an ewar mechanic that makes more of a difference in larger fights (15+ bots) than it does in smaller fights (<5 bots). 

In effect, something in-between current ECM and the current interference emitter mechanic.

If this is what STC is teaching you there's no wonder a recruitment corp had more kills than you this month.  Trust me trying to retrain Toel has been hard enough.  You might want to rethink you career choice.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.