Topic: WTB ICE

can we have ICE back in game so ingame currency and pepetuum credits can change hands??

Re: WTB ICE

+1 This is a super important change

3 (edited by Burial 2014-04-24 03:20:17)

No.

We should be able to buy EP with $ or NIC with $. But not both at the same time.
Only justification for ICE was that "people can play for free then - population will rise". Game is F2P now.

4 (edited by Grond 2014-04-24 03:25:13)

in a "F2P" game u should not limit some aspects of it with a $ barrier

and a ep booster is only convinient

Burial wrote:

No.

We should be able to buy EP with $ or NIC with $. But not both at the same time.
Only justification for ICE was that "people can play for free then - population will rise". Game is F2P now.

Some have money, but they can not spend it (why me 100500 boosters?), Others do not have the money or they do not want to spend it for various reasons, but they have a lot of NICs. Returned sale "ICE" restore the balance of money. smile Take Eve: there I can buy Plex for subscriptions (booster in Perpetuum) or sell for in-game currency - isks (NICs in perpetuum). The difference?

Justification now more substantial - people are more likely to play a free game and still be able to in-game currency (by buying "ICE") to accelerate the learning process (purchase boosters).

6 (edited by Burial 2014-04-24 15:40:19)

Gord, you want to fight P2W by introducing more P2W features?

I understand where you stand though- you want to be able to get credits with in-game means and there's nothing wrong with that. If devs think it should be possible then they should just add some in-game activities that generate credits and not turn this game completely P2W in the process.

Perpetuum depends heavily of assets and NIC. If someone is able to turn $ into NIC at any rate he has clear advantage.

Money doesn't by success in this game otherwise STC wouldn't be living on alpha. It helps lazy people do logistics.

+1 for credits in to nic

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/94371/#p94371

And yes, bring back ICE.

9 (edited by Burial 2014-04-24 16:14:17)

Sure, numbers matter the most, but NIC is close second. Perpetuum is not like DOTA or some other instant action game where you can dish out $, get modules and bots and go pew pew. Everything has to be worked for by in-game means to keep everything fair and balanced.

I'm NOT against people being able to get credits with in-game means. I just hope devs won't implement it with total disregard to the balance in the game.

Burial wrote:

I understand where you stand though- you want to be able to get credits with in-game means and there's nothing wrong with that. If devs think it should be possible then they should just add some in-game activities that generate credits and not turn this game completely P2W in the process.

Perpetuum depends heavily of assets and NIC. If someone is able to turn $ into NIC at any rate he has clear advantage.

He does not have the advantages that it has $$. No demand - there will be no benefits. The demand is there. So players with extra NICs have advantages over those who can not get NICs for $$. Right?

11 (edited by Gunner 2014-04-24 17:17:40)

I like cake.

+1

In-game <-> Out-of-game moneys would fuel a lot of activity in the game as people want to pay for Boost with nic.

Also, bring cash in to devs so they can make artillery and stuff.

not everyone had the opportunity to abuse in game broken mechanics like you did

Burial wrote:

Can do without RMT in Perpetuum.

Shh..  Zima..  Don't you have some gay vampires to slay in second life?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Yes, need ICE, i didn't buy enough.

Gunner wrote:

not everyone had the opportunity to abuse in game broken mechanics like you did

Burial wrote:

Oh but you did have the opportunity. Only time I ever saw you run missions actually.

Of course we did. We are not trying to stop people from P2W currency, you are.

I want P2W

we do not need $$$ >> NIC transactions .... its bad for the game, esp. when F2P. If you wan t NIC it should be earned in game.

I think $$$ >> Perpetuum Credits is good enough

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Back in the day ICE transferred NIC from the $ spenders to the Earners.  It was that Transfer of Nic that the truth worth of something was determined.

If done properly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXA559KNopI we don't need ice

Ville wrote:

Back in the day ICE transferred NIC from the $ spenders to the Earners.  It was that Transfer of Nic that the truth worth of something was determined.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:

If done properly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXA559KNopI we don't need ice

Ville wrote:

well then notice this part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXA559KNopI#t=189