Topic: Structure Bandwidth Values

Zoom : First I want to ask where did the Bandwidth Values come from ???

I think their needs to be serious adjustments to the values, but seriously can you answer the question I dont want to go all ballistic / EMO !! before I understand your reasoning.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Re: Structure Bandwidth Values

Just so we are on the same page, you mean down right?

Also reactor 500, battery 30. Lol .

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Yes!  theirs no reason in hell a t3 facility upgrade should be 1500 Bandwidth fuuu

^^ this alone makes it impossible to construct a full t3 production only gamma base

Jita wrote:

4 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-04-22 07:24:58)

Tux wrote:

Yes!  theirs no reason in hell a t3 facility upgrade should be 1500 Bandwidth fuuu

^^ this alone makes it impossible to construct a full t3 production only gamma base

Jita wrote:

You are thinking of doing this all at one base i guess. what the current values will mean is, to have a proper defended base & some production facilities you will need a few stations.
much like the situation on Beta right now. you cant have maxed out ever thing in one base.

I like this idea if this is in fact how things work out smile

BUT if that is how Gammas will work then we need to have..... wait for it.

PLAYER BUILT HIGHWAYS lol  I will never stop asking for these Zoom. These would add so much to Gamma game play & you might as well add them while your making all these changes.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

IMO base facilities and their boosters should be very low bandwidth. We are supposed to be creating moderately defended islands of protection in the badlands of gamma.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I am of the opinion w/ Obi.  You should be utilizing multiple bases for production.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I suggested it a while ago that terminal should have two variables(CPU and reactor). Defensive stuff can be heavy on one and light on other and production stuff the other way around. That way you are not gimping your production base down with additional defenses.

Their needs to be tho a min set distance between bases. 7km i think is a good min.

Also Player built Highways

tongue

Yes i will now post this every time i comment on any subject in the test forums.

HI ZOOM big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

These are just the initial values of course, we'll do some balancing still, and you can also argue for changes. But the general idea is that you should not be able to build an uber base with everything, there is no strategy in that.

DEV Zoom wrote:

But the general idea is that you should not be able to build an uber base with everything, there is no strategy in that.

+1

Finally.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

But the general idea is that you should not be able to build an uber base with everything, there is no strategy in that.

+1

Finally.

Good, but better put Epri back, because all these gamma nerfs account for nothing if there is no incentive to live there.

RIP PERPETUUM

If you can have 12 bases on an island it changes nothing. Limit it to three and were in business.

Jita wrote:

If you can have 12 bases on an island it changes nothing. Limit it to three and were in business.

yes 3 is a good number.

RIP PERPETUUM

14 (edited by Tux 2014-04-22 17:42:08)

I am not going to argue for an UBER base that can do it all ... BUT i want to be able to do 1 Terminal that can do all of my production ...

A fully T3 production base should be just that ... with no defense or make a " death Star" with no production capability ... its the designers choice.

Please reduce the bandwidth of facility upgrades, the bandwidth should be around 150 to 300 (T3) not 1500

DEV Zoom wrote:

DEV Zoom wrote:

... there is no strategy in that.

There doesn't seem to be a strategy in this revamp attempt either.

as far as i get it, all you want to achieve is reducing the number of buildings per island to lower the stress on your server/bandwidth.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

16 (edited by Tux 2014-04-22 18:24:58)

lowering the number of structures on an island does more than just reduce server load it makes gamma playable. for more than just mining colix all day.

Having 2K+ structures on an island just for defense should not be the standard any more

If gamma is to survive long term there needs to be some big changes made to the mechanics.

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

as far as i get it, all you want to achieve is reducing the number of buildings per island to lower the stress on your server/bandwidth.

Tux wrote:

lowering the number of structures on an island does more than just reduce server load it makes gamma playable. for more than just mining colix all day.

Having 2K+ structures on an island just for defense should not be the standard any more

If gamma is to survive long term there needs to be some big changes made to the mechanics.

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

to lower the number of buildings, they could have reduced the number of NECESSARY buildings first. This starts at the overcomplicated Energy grid system. thats 50% of the Buildings that are there just for the sake of providing enought power connections.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

18 (edited by Tux 2014-04-22 20:05:09)

True, but i think having this complexity is has more beneficial than detrimental. It allows for very customizable base designs. Also when you understand how these systems work assaulting bases becomes a lot more tactical.

Turrets are the main structure that are "spammed" because you need so many for a proper defense. If turrets were Buffed then you would need less of them. If the base Missile turret optimal range was boosted 500 meters I would argue for less structures on terrain because you would only need like 16 of these not 60.

With the new changes you will find designs that can use many less turrets and energy grid structures because of slope limitations.

Annihilator wrote:

to lower the number of buildings, they could have reduced the number of NECESSARY buildings first. This starts at the overcomplicated Energy grid system. thats 50% of the Buildings that are there just for the sake of providing enought power connections.

you don't need to make it THAT complicated to have a little bit variations in base building. Look at all those RTS games that have energy-transmitter nodes (eg. Starcraft Protos, Zerg; Earth 2160 UCS; CreeperWold).

Look at the concept art that was use for the whole gamma base coding:
http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … ctions.png

The only thing i saw actually beeing built, is the complex at the left center side - because its necessary for production.
The other stuff, about power-lanes for fast power transmission to a remote mining tower, with only a few defense turrets is nothing someone would build on an island that is not 100% save from intruder just shooting everything down, aside from the fact you that can power the mining tower with a Tyrannos...

Something they should think about is,
eg. making mining tower gather something slowly, and without any player interaction that is NECESSARY to run the base reactors. The more reactors you have, the more mining towers you NEED to have spread across the island. (energy credit system, helloooo!)

Defense turrets should be dangerous, and shoudl require siege equipment to be killed, that is impractical to use against moving targets (hello, mortars, hello AoE unguided ballistic missiles)

and then, those turrets should really suck power from the base reactor... not from the 100 buffer accumulators put into each and every power node.

TL;dr: limiting just how much buildings you can connect to a terminal is the laziest attempt to change something.