Topic: Feature Request: Cooldown for Spark Teleport

Spark Teleporting is taking the risk of living on Beta or Gamma.

I am ambivalent, when it comes to the spark teleport ablity.
On one side, it greatly reduces travelling time, when crossing different islands especially when it comes to alpha dwelling, on the other side, it makes Beta and Gamma islands empty, as everyone is living on the save alpha islands, as they can just spark in whenever the need to, as often as they want.

For pvp I find the lack having to risk a life on Beta or Gamma as a main Home base and the lack of effort, when organizing a squad to move from one to another location and the present ability to hot drop into any place on Nia, without a cool down, breaks the territorial warfare totally.

When I think back, to the days, when we did not have those abilities, corps were defending and living on their islands, and when trying to move a squad from one side of NIA to another island to raid, we needed to tactical evade intel eyes. - Nowadays everyone just sparks in, from the safety of alpha. The negative side effect is that the islands are mostly empty and roams become meaningless.

Like I said, I am quite ambivalent when it comes to the spark teleport and of course there would still be interzone tp´s.

I think it would be a good Idea, if spark teleporting would have a cool down to it. I would suggestest a cool down of something like 8 hours and raise the cost of Spark Points to limit the places one could have.

My opinion is, as more spark points everyone has, as more scattered everyone will be across NIA and real territory warfare is broken, in comparison, when every corp needs to be staged at a certain home base to defend and live there also.

I suggest following changes:

• A cool down of at least 8 hours should be introduced to sparking.

• 2 spark Points should really be enough, considering the size of NIA.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Re: Feature Request: Cooldown for Spark Teleport

Mobios there's a 52 page spark teleportation thread and the first comment by me is sparks should have a 1 to 4 hour cool down.  But alas HHN, know best and we got the point system.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3 (edited by MoBIoS 2014-04-21 18:31:21)

I must have missed it between all those hello kitty mecha requests.

But I guess the spark teleport issue cannot be emphasized enough.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot

I bumped the topic feel free to read.

Ty, yeah I would ave thought it´ll be in feature request

#Bad Robot

Doesn't matter where you go, we will be in the terminal nearest to you. smile

Nerf it please, so they won't be able to spark out willy-nilly and we can hellcamp. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic, why you not leave your propaganda spins to Corporation dialogues. No?

#Bad Robot

I'm not spinning any propaganda.

We despise you so much our entire corp will move islands, Beta or Gamma, to live as close as possible to you just so we can kill you faster.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

yeah whatever. you are getting kinda repetitive.

#Bad Robot

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … gs/page/7/

I could see a solution for all those problems... delete all teleporters on Beta and Gamma (when it's released again...).

Instead upgrade the highways on Beta and set up harbours, from where you can either jump a ferry or charter an armored ship, you can use as transport and sort of "basecamp" to start an attack on Beta or Gamma islands.

What's the point of having all that water around "us" and not being able to make use of it?

Imagine on top of that, assault/light hovercraft robots, that could cross water too... now that should make things more interesting.

Thinking about flying drop-ships as well, but i guess that would be too much for the servers...

^dumb

Good OP. Too bad you were not there for the Threadnaught.

Spark TP still OP, and should probably be removed from game completely. Game still needs rework of Highways, TP network, Contracts System, and Remote Market (& maybe Production) Mechanics. We should have an acronym for this list by now.

Perhaps even throw in TP option at the terminal for Combat Missions.