1 (edited by Quip 2010-11-23 13:20:23)

Topic: Problem when selling to buy orders

I had several kernels I was selling to buy orders. For this specific kernel, there were 2 player buy orders for the same price. 1 of them was buying 49 and the other was buying 1. The order of 49 kernels was a the top of the list of buy orders in my market window.

When I tried to sell the whole stack of kernels, I could sell a maximum of 1 kernels. I did that, and then tried selling the stack again. Yet again I could only sell a maximum of 1. It turns out that I was actually selling to the buy order of 49 kernels, but there seems to be a different sorting when it looks at available buy orders when trying to sell.

Luckily I only had 10 kernels, but it's annoying when you'd have 100+. A better option might be that if you choose to sell a stack of items, it sells them to the best available buy orders and tries to sell as much of the item as possible, i.e. until the buy orders for that item have run out.

Re: Problem when selling to buy orders

nope for the automatic selling

an example:
The 1st buy order buys 10 pieces of an item for 1000 nic.
The 2nd buy order buys 10000 pieces of the same item for 1 nic.
Assumed the item usually is worth 900 nic and you would like to sell 5000 items of that type.

Would you really like to sell 4990 items for 1 nic? The problem is that the system is unable to figure out at what price it should stop. Hence - if it is working as it should - the system is sufficient.

Re: Problem when selling to buy orders

Ah yes, good point. Ignore the last paragraph of my post big_smile