Re: Dissapearing NPC's

Azyre wrote:

May need more Alpha 1's though. People have already begin moving to alpha 1 to avoid the aspies and special snowflakes who are dragging NPC's to people.

Ore is infinite on all islands, we hardly need more risk-less mining added to the game.

So as far I was told all this NPC crusade started with nerfing beacon pits by having npcs teleporting to you or something like that.

Now the game was set in tiers of difficulty for players before all this

Alpha 1 No risk
Alpha 2 You started to encounter aggressive NPCS and you have to watch where you stand
Betas    Everything goes.  All NPCS are aggressive and players could shoot you.  If you are here it's because you are willing to die
Gamma Roaming npcs + 3 Observers, maybe not as many npcs but if they get a hold of you that's it

Many players including my self are all for risks in alpha 2's but also we combats would like to farm some npcs .... yes farm as much as DEVs might hate the idea we like some mindless pew pew.  About not having pinatas dropping a lot of stuff... well that was gamma and that is getting reset anyways

Now with gammas reset I don't see why the need to mess with NPCs maybe just disable beacons at gammas for now and reverse NPC behavior

Some people were able to farm NPCS from distance and this is another reason why DEVS change the NPCS.   Not everybody can pull this off and for sure not a new player.   Shooting from 1k m takes a lot from your DPS anyways and killing will go slow.   I personally like all tunings and short range kills are faster and ERP Tank its great.

1 week before steam release and like somebody mention that should be your main priority.  Server was acting up yesterday for instance.  I like the game but you should focus on what matters at the moment and not what you don't like from a MMO from your personal view.

Jasmoba wrote:

1 week before steam release and like somebody mention that should be your main priority.  Server was acting up yesterday for instance.  I like the game but you should focus on what matters at the moment and not what you don't like from a MMO from your personal view.

That's usually not how development works.

Changes are made. The game has been fairly stale for quite a while, it's good to have the dust throw up a little.

sad , So few red mobs anymore.  Baby Jesus Crys.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

We need to tweak the ore fields instantly respawning.

As it is, alpha now represents an infinite waterfall of resources in perfect safety, Beta is only useful for epriton.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

As it is, alpha now represents an infinite waterfall of resources in perfect safety, Beta is only useful for epriton.

I did recommend this:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … balancing/

right now theres no reason at all to mine anything but epi on beta.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Syndic wrote:

Maybe in a year though the worse case scenario has people building robots in the tens of thousands and war breaks out all over Nia. Anything bigger than a Mech and you need enough Epri and Noralgis that they are more than enough of a bottleneck on their own.

If Steam takes off and the players have an awareness of the system, Kernals will be the thing everyone is farming, not Ore. If they insist on farming Ore, I'll farm Kernals and buy the ore from them.

133 (edited by Burial 2014-04-17 19:18:10)

Tund Bungler wrote:
Azyre wrote:

May need more Alpha 1's though. People have already begin moving to alpha 1 to avoid the aspies and special snowflakes who are dragging NPC's to people.

Ore is infinite on all islands, we hardly need more risk-less mining added to the game.

By that logic NPCs are infinite too. So what?

Dont forget Infinite:

Artifact Sites which provide  MK2 CT's / Cortex's / Niani Equipment / Plasma / Fragments / Kernals / lol

Burial wrote:
Tund Bungler wrote:
Azyre wrote:

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Burial wrote:
Tund Bungler wrote:
Azyre wrote:

Why are you only addressing half of his argument. Troll? hmm

Aye Pod wrote:
Burial wrote:
Tund Bungler wrote:

What are you getting at? Seriously, I don't understand your reply here.

I think this game could use a separate area with all red NPCs, roaming everywhere, observers etc but no direct pvp. A place where PvE players could go to challenge themselves and/or grief one another.

But Alpha 2s, as the main markets, transportation centers and main pve industry terminals* are not a good place for that. A few new islands perhaps ?

* - not sure there is a need to have Facility bonuses different on Alpha 1 and 2 when both are all orange now. Then again, no real need to change it either. And I guess it does help focus the main markets.

Cassius wrote:
Aye Pod wrote:
Burial wrote:

What are you getting at? Seriously, I don't understand your reply here.

So you pointed out NPCs are infinite. Whats the point in your statement in relation to the original argument?

Not sure if you've noticed but this topic has gone 7 different ways to Sunday. I think Burial was replying to Tunds troll of Azyre, with maybe a valid point.

Back on topic, since its important, orange spawns should not be in game period.

140 (edited by Aye Pod 2014-04-18 00:54:59)

It is important m8 when you try and defend an obvious troll post (Burial). The argument was the game doesnt need anymore risk-less mining. Burial used half of the original statement (infinite mins) and spun it (infinite NPCs) to troll the point of his argument and derail the conversation. Doesnt matter what direction the rest of the BS is when youre only adding to it. wink

Every time someone mentions infinite minerals while completely disregarding the human factor, I'll be here.

142 (edited by Aye Pod 2014-04-18 01:34:50)

And be there you will without an argument or a point. Troll on m8. lol

the point is that no matter how you try to limit minerals they will always be infinite (in the space and time of the programming of this game) the only thing that can be limited with minerals is the time blocks in which you can exploit them. Once their is a good recommendation floated by someone that isn't politically motivate then we can look at it other wise the trolls will flourish.   

@ original topic there needs to be a massive overhaul of how NPC's are presented in this game making static / passive spawns is a bad idea and the knee jerking with them over the last month is a joke at best. when the Mission revamp comes the NPC's will also all need to be re oriented and re classified for better risk / reward and mission feasibility. 

Aye Pod wrote:

And be there you will without an argument or a point. Troll on m8. lol

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Agreed that NPCs need to be reworked. Sooner rather than later. Making all NPCs passive on alpha 2s is a bad move. Being able to mine without risk on alpha 2s (the point I was trying to make sure wasnt dumped on) will be very bad for what market we do have if allowed to continue for very long. I mine more than anything so this is a plus for me personally.

Burial wrote:
Tund Bungler wrote:
Azyre wrote:

Ore used to be finite AND you had to deal with roaming red NPCs. Now they've gotten rid of both of these drawbacks on alphas and given no additional consideration to betas. That was my point.

Cassius wrote:

Not sure if you've noticed but this topic has gone 7 different ways to Sunday. I think Burial was replying to Tunds troll of Azyre, with maybe a valid point.

Back on topic, since its important, orange spawns should not be in game period.

Cassius what happened to you man? You've become everything you used to hate. Disagreeing with an opinion isn't an automatic troll, you should know better.

147 (edited by Solishian 2014-04-18 20:52:04)

Changing the NPCs from red to orange was the first step into the right direction. The next step should be giving the NPCs a real purpose.
Add some factorys and outposts to Alpha 1 and 2, and let the NPCs "work" around those points, gather resources and transport goods between them. Change the industrial and transport assignments to revolve around these factorys and outposts.
And add some more, or at least different, combat assignment to the islands too.

And somehting about infinite resources:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gathering
"Once used, the node is temporarily exhausted for that character, but remains available to other characters."
and resources are still traded over the ingame market in GW2.

In the end, the market will regulate itself - supply and demand.

I would suggest developers to introduce an red NPC in the terminals, because traders  there earn big money without any risk.

God help us! yikes

if ever, "orange" NPCs are nothing more then placeholder for a real sanbox NPC faction system, that needs more DEVs and a work intensive redesign of PvE.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Kazimir Casus wrote:

I would suggest developers to introduce an red NPC in the terminals, because traders  there earn big money without any risk.

God help us! yikes

checkmate!