Topic: Link account to Steam

I have a question,
when I link my account to steam, will I still be able to log in with my perpetuum credentials on the stand alone client, if I wish?

How is the perp account linked to steam? When playing with the steam client, do I log in with my perp account credentials, or are my perp account credentials linked directly to my steam account and I don´t actually have my old login anymore, because my steam login is used instead?

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Re: Link account to Steam

You keep your old login. Connecting your account to Steam simply makes you able to play with that account from the Steam client (because there is no email/password login there).

3 (edited by Alexander 2014-04-10 21:23:48)

Linking your account to Steam allow you to use EITHER the stand alone client or the steam client for classic accounts. Accounts purchased through Steam will only be able to access the steam client (AFAIK).

When launching the Steam client it will automatically authenticate with Perpetuum using your steam details and give you a drop down list of every account (Listed by email address) linked to your steam account. Login can be achieve with one click.

PICTURE EXAMPLE

Correct smile

Yes I can confirm this now. Account is linked smile

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

6 (edited by Shreds 2014-04-17 15:00:06)

The only thing I'm wondering, what if I had a trial on my account before but now I'd like to buy the game before it gets on Steam so I can play right now. Can I still purchase the base game (30$ I think) in the store here and then link it to my Steam account next week?

Or should I wait until next week to buy the steam release directly?

Thanks!

If you buy it now you can also redeem it on Steam right away, since the Steam beta access is already running.

Oh that's cool, thanks for the quick reply! smile