Topic: Remove accumulator recharging with instability timer

While you Dev's are in the balancing mood. How about we remove accumulator recharging while having instability timer. Lets remove the ability for a shield bot to jump back and forth on a tele indefinitely without ever being able to be killed.

As it sits right now a bot with a shield can jump back and forth on an island teleport and can fully recharge its accumulator while sitting safely under the syndicate protection/instability. If we remove accumulator recharging during this time, you at least can have a chance to wear it down.

Lets even the playing field a bit with shield vs armor tanks...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Re: Remove accumulator recharging with instability timer

I have a macro for that now, it's epic.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Or just change how shield's mechanic works ? ( maybe shield should not be linked to accumulator )

Heliaso wrote:

Or just change how shield's mechanic works ? ( maybe shield should not be linked to accumulator )

That solution sounds similar to hammering a nail with a wrecking ball.

You're talking about potentially reworking one of the staples of an entire faction.

GLiMPSE wrote:

You're talking about potentially reworking one of the staples of an entire faction.

Just like armored teleports.  HUE HUE HUE

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

IKR!

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2