Re: Mobile teleports and PvP flags

Blowing up a Kain mk2 makes me feel good on the inside.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Merkle wrote:

So much hate, makes me feel really good on the inside.

I'm sure we can *** up with a few other things that make you feel really good inside. *Smooches*

Rage Rex wrote:

You have the balls to talk about Bluing up the whole server. Your memory is so short its pathetic. When STC was founded under RPS leadership it was a breath of fresh air to this game. Now it's a Frankenstein disease of lost players. Die already.

You need to STOP releasing your bowels on the forums.

154 (edited by Shadowmine 2014-04-16 01:16:57)

So I just caught up with 100+ posts on this topic after a day off on the forums. So much to quote and respond too, but I just don't have the energy.....

Edit: And its still a bad change, the inability to teleport while flagged. We are back to safelogging being the best means of evading pursuit. That, or not engaging at all. Why someone having the ability to leave via teleport is any worse than someone having the ability to get there via teleport is beyond me.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Burial wrote:
Rage Rex wrote:

You have the balls to talk about Bluing up the whole server. Your memory is so short its pathetic. When STC was founded under RPS leadership it was a breath of fresh air to this game. Now it's a Frankenstein disease of lost players. Die already.

You need to STOP releasing your bowels on the forums.

If you'd quit diving head over heels into mobspawns I'd be happy to unload some on you. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Not gonna happen. wink

They dont get to have any fun, they are too busy jumping through teles.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Shadowmine wrote:

So I just caught up with 100+ posts on this topic after a day off on the forums. So much to quote and respond too, but I just don't have the energy.....

Edit: And its still a bad change, the inability to teleport while flagged. We are back to safelogging being the best means of evading pursuit. That, or not engaging at all. Why someone having the ability to leave via teleport is any worse than someone having the ability to get there via teleport is beyond me.

+1  Asymmetrical warfare is dead.  Long live the spreadsheet battle.

Shadowmine wrote:

Why someone having the ability to leave via teleport is any worse than someone having the ability to get there via teleport is beyond me.

Now everything makes sense. lol

CIR Complaint Form

To reiterate what the problem is.

Everyone having the ability to jump and and out of PVP = Fair.

Having Defenders ONLY having the ability to jump INTO PVP = No So Much Balance.

Fix.

Well, Fix armored actually.  Lower HP, increase Timer. Fixed.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

IndustryMonkey wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

+1  Asymmetrical warfare is dead.  Long live the spreadsheet battle.

What would the guy who can't remember the most important part of a logoff trap know about asymetrical warfare?

162 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-04-16 02:08:48)

its amazing the outcry from the games largest corporation regarding the fact that they wont be able to run when confronted.

really its shocking.

well maybe not shocking...I do remember long ago a couple of these people choosing to kill eachother rather than fight the oncoming enemy forces.

serious question though...did you guys actually enjoy pvp of this games past where you just ninja gank afk miners then port out before back up arrives?  Do you guys not want large scale battles...you know the stuff that keeps people playing?

Also want to point out the best fight happen when you are outnumbered and win....nothing boosts morale more than that....which was 100% impossible with an enemy that runs on instinct rather then engage...

This beacon fix might be the end of STC, however it will allow whatever corporation that fills your shoes to enjoy fun, large battles moving forward...which is good for the games health.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Merkle wrote:

Fix.

This is where your inexperience is taken advantage of and your opinion manipulated Zoom.

Contrary to what the fine young woman is saying, PVP doesn't happen only on teleports. Very often PVP occurs in the middle of *** nowhere 10km from any TP, and that's exactly where the no-jumping-flagged change curbs the most excessive abuse of armored's to dodge PVP.

Today we got 3 kills that yesterday we wouldn't have gotten if the armored's still allowed people to jump around flagged.

CIR Complaint Form

The more I drink about this, I mean think about this....

This will have a huge effect on gamma combat as well. Why would a smaller group ever go roaming on gamma if they knew a larger corp was out there. The second you flag up, the  entire other corp can spark, undock, drop tele and be on you before your flag drops and you can use a tele. It can take 5 mins to walk to an island teleport on gamma. Think about that.

It will be bad enough at some beta island outposts. Outposts like Karapyth on norhoop are awesome. it will literally take a flagged robot more than 5 minutes to walk to internals and try and get off the island. While you can undock karapyth, drop tele and beat the aggressor to any possible exit. Awesome.

Hell it took at least 5 minutes to walk to STC's Imidero Fortress from an island teleport. This change makes attacking that a one way trip.

Just seem like the small guy/corps get screwed way worse than the large ones.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Syndic wrote:
Merkle wrote:

Fix.

This is where your inexperience is taken advantage of and your opinion manipulated Zoom.

Contrary to what the fine young woman is saying, PVP doesn't happen only on teleports. Very often PVP occurs in the middle of *** nowhere 10km from any TP, and that's exactly where the no-jumping-flagged change curbs the most excessive abuse of armored's to dodge PVP.

Today we got 3 kills that yesterday we wouldn't have gotten if the armored's still allowed people to jump around flagged.

And tomorrow you won't get any kills at all. Because they won't have a chance if outnumbered. And they won't show up again. At least when they drop an armoured, you can drop one too and meet them somewhere and continue the fight.

Its not a big deal for STC because we are filthy rich. But newer corps won't have that same luxury.

In reality Very rarely to fights occur this far out, and on some islands your hard pressed to find a spot that far off a tele, or station point.

Both stations and Teles are conduits for players to move around quickly, as it stands defenders have the ability to spark to the station they wish and attack out from there.  This isn't a problem, one of the perks of owning a island.

But what this is quickly turning into is again, drop tele and go kill.

If it was equal for everyone this really wouldn't be any issue at all.

For the spectators that wish they were involved in PVP, today's skirmish armors wouldn't of effected the out come what so ever.   More so what would of effected it is I had people properly place before hand, of which I did not. 

A lesson for your side today would be to put guns on your tackle, might of gotten you a few more kills.  Pro Tips, from the Pro's.

Again, just reduce HP for Armors, another Idea is to have Light armors, replace the armors.  Move Armors up, and volume them up. 

Fixes the Inability to kill them.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Another Fight where teles would of done nothing!

Shocking!

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

Shocking!

Except avoid the fight completely

Merkle wrote:

Shocking!

I will not ridicule you this time, because after many battles you've finally fought like a man not a woman.

And it was all thanks to Zoom.

CIR Complaint Form

There is so much butthurt in this thread with a little RAGE thrown in.

Exciting! lol

171 (edited by Solishian 2014-04-16 07:39:31)

I could see a solution for all those problems... delete all teleporters on Beta and Gamma (when it's released again...).

Instead upgrade the highways on Beta and set up harbours, from where you can either jump a ferry or charter an armored ship, you can use as transport and sort of "basecamp" to start an attack on Beta or Gamma islands.

What's the point of having all that water around "us" and not being able to make use of it?

Imagine on top of hat, assault/light hovercraft robots, that could cross water too... now that should make things more interesting.

I would freely accept removing the Teles from Beta, and Gamma would be alot of fun!

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Shadowfail wrote:

it will literally take a flagged robot more than 5 minutes to walk to internals

I don't get it. Earlier I'm being told that if you live on an island and are active you can respond to an enemy incursion before an armored tele is charged.

Now armored teleports don't work if your flagged it takes five minutes to get to internals.

Which is it?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Best change ever.

Gone is the; drop tele, flag, jump away

byebye teles

175 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-04-16 13:18:33)

Tund Bungler wrote:
Cassius wrote:
Syndic wrote:

So why aren't you defending anything?

Numbers.

Why'd your guys quit logging in?

They now have competition. now they are going to "outlast us" & pray we stop playing again tongue

Shadowmine wrote:

PERHAPS you should invest in better FCs so you dont have to run.

Welcome to what PVP was like back in the Glory days of this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg

yarr

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue