Re: Mobile teleports and PvP flags

Sorry broski cant win against 4 to 1 odds, or as you like to say 15:1 odds

So Dev Zoom this goes out to you, are you going to actually balance the armored teleport or give the Defender/Blob all of the advantage?

Syndic wrote:

So why aren't you defending anything?

Numbers.

104 (edited by BandwagonX9000 2014-04-15 18:10:45)

I find it hard to understand that people who have been pvping for a long time are arguing in favour a mechanic that lets people disengage at will, safely and with no tradeoffs. 

The logical conclusion here is that these "pvpers", again, want to be able to disengage at will, safely and with no tradeoffs because they are both scared and unable to think beyond *** frontal Light Brigade charges.

What's next? Arguing in favor of duping bots because it "promotes pvp" and because otherwise the side with stronger numbers has more resource acquisition power so since you are ess you demand to be able to magically mine more per cycle in order to not favour the "blob"? Making you competitive through developer favour?

I'm sorry for the few STC members and others who have to put up this facade and argue for this obviously broken mechanic just because the rest of their corp members are a disaster and have the balls and brains the size of a raisin. You should see the signs of where your corp is going. And not going.

Cassius wrote:
Syndic wrote:

So why aren't you defending anything?

Numbers.

Why'd your guys quit logging in?

Armored beacons are balanced now.

Try not putting one in your cargo for a week, you can thank Fred Phelps for saving your soul later.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

I find it hard to understand that people who have been pvping for a long time are arguing in favour a mechanic that lets people disengage at will, safely and with no tradeoffs. 

The logical conclusion here is that these "pvpers", again, want to be able to disengage at will, safely and with no tradeoffs because they are both scared and unable to think beyond *** frontal Light Brigade charges.

What's next? Arguing in favor of duping bots because it "promotes pvp" and because otherwise the side with stronger numbers has more resource acquisition power so since you are ess you demand to be able to magically mine more per cycle in order to not favour the "blob"? Making you competitive through developer favour?

I'm sorry for the few STC members and others who have to put up this facade and argue for this obviously broken mechanic just because the rest of their corp members are a disaster and have the balls and brains the size of a raisin. You should see the signs of where your corp is going. And not going.

Easy to speak of balls when you hide behind a blob.

Let me remind you, that same mechanic is what enables you to "warp" to the fight as you like to say.  So again warping to a fight to kill the smaller force but not away from a fight when the blob comes is broken.

109 (edited by Lucian Cain 2014-04-15 18:17:52)

So Dev Zoom this goes out to you, are you going to actually balance the armored teleport or give the Defender/Blob all of the advantage?

Lucian Cain wrote:

Let me remind you, that same mechanic is what enables you to "warp" to the fight as you like to say.  So again warping to a fight to kill the smaller force but not away from a fight when the blob comes is broken.

Yes because the ability to safely TP away....

wait...wtf are you smoking? did you read what you wrote?

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Ofcourse we have a lot of people, its fun to play with us, and I'm certainly not going to be giving your feelings any special considerations.

Who in their right mind would want to fly with you? Go out to beta, drop some beacons, run away, jump back, run into a mob spawn, obsess over killboard... colossal and boring waste of time. lol

CIR Complaint Form

Stranger Danger wrote:
Lucian Cain wrote:

Yes because the ability to safely TP away....

wait...wtf are you smoking? did you read what you wrote?

Let me explain better ree ree,  Blob warping to a fight is ok right? then why cant people warp away?  its very simple, either people should be able to use them in all situations or not at all.  Just get rid of teles and go old school

Is this your angry way of saying you won't be evacuating on Beta anymore until Zoom gives you your toy back? lol

CIR Complaint Form

114 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-04-15 18:31:04)

or you could...I dunno....recruit people, grow your battle fleet, come prepared, and actually fight...

did you ever consider actually fighting?

or is it when you see a few CIR/PHM you automatically assume we have 300 Spartans and flee...

call us the blob all you want, you know how many we have, you are a very large corporation capable of producing just as many people, and you have access to recruit chat and the ability to grow as we are doing. I shouldnt have to tell the largest corp in game this...

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Syndic wrote:

Ofcourse we have a lot of people, its fun to play with us, and I'm certainly not going to be giving your feelings any special considerations.

Who in their right mind would want to fly with you? Go out to beta, drop some beacons, run away, jump back, run into a mob spawn, obsess over killboard... colossal and boring waste of time. lol

I was in your alliance, you only fight when odds are in your favor, and wait till you have advantage.  You get everyone to cry/complain about something when you need it tweaked to your favor.  All you have ever tried to do is change the game to YOUR likings not what is best for the game. 

If your corps had the "balls" to run solo corp like STC then you would get some good fights, but until you have the courage to do that then just hide behind the blob, and wipe Rad and friends then pat them on the back to say how good they are so they get the courage to lose again to you.

If you want easy wins which is plain to see that's what your alliance is about then just man up and say so.  What ever happened to 77th?  I thought you guys were wannabe "Sell Swords" as you used to say?   Now you are puppets? 

So when you guys talk of "balls" just remember you wait until you have a bunch of guys together to form 2 to 1 odds or greater before engaging the enemy.

116 (edited by BandwagonX9000 2014-04-15 18:32:47)

Stranger Danger wrote:

or is it when you see a few CIR/PHM you automatically assume we have 300 Spartans and flee...

That's fear right there. Fear is not rational. Neither are the people wanting this broken mechanic back. The only thing missing from their posts is a "but think of the children!"

At least Lucian recognizes it is broken before basically claiming that engaging should be treated the same way as disengaging.

BandwagonX9000 wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

That's fear right there. Fear is not rational. Neither are the people wanting this broken mechanic back. The only thing missing from their posts is a "but think of the children!"

At least Lucian recognizes it is broken before basically claiming that engaging should be treated the same way as disengaging.

I never once denied that armored teles had issues but we didn't cry like B-tches to the Devs until they changed it.  We watched you guys jump away through armored's and went on with our business.  If Zoom actually want to fix it then change the armored to have a lot less hp or remove armored teles, but allow flagged jumping through standards and emergencies that can be 1 shotted as they are now.

118 (edited by Syndic 2014-04-15 18:45:12)

So what you're saying is that besides Doy/Dream/Hun/Remedy/Fnavy, RAD doesn't want to fly with you anymore either? lol

Can't blame them, guess even the russians can get tired of propping up deadweight. lol

EDIT:

Allowing flagged jumps enables PVP-averse soft c*cks to blueball and focus on trying to grief newbie miners/padding kills with beastmode on Alpha.

CIR Complaint Form

i have seen khader and chemist try to defend a sap against 7+ from remedy+friends, cant say ur side have done the same lucian,
btw stc and friends made sure that i will not be on ur side again by actions u guys did when u where the "blob".
Times change adapt or get lost. And if u think 77 is puppets u should get some better spies yarr

Syndic wrote:

So what you're saying is that besides Doy/Dream/Hun/Remedy/Fnavy, RAD doesn't want to fly with you anymore either? lol

Can't blame them, guess even the russians can get tired of propping up deadweight. lol

Dead weight that can wipe a mech/heavy fleet with lights and assaults, sorry Syndi I haven't seen our friends do that yet....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoup5MhSGEo

Or was this just all my imagination and you weren't the first to run away and trying to jump out of a tele that Orbz dropped for you

Ohh Lucian I did not remember you being so whiny. You guys run from equal numbers. We can start bringing equal numbers in lights with two guns and you would jump out too. We have asked Syn to start doing this so I guess we will see in the future a video of this. You and Merkle jumping out and the rest of your guys getting Prom/Castel to death.

Grond wrote:

i have seen khader and chemist try to defend a sap against 7+ from remedy+friends, cant say ur side have done the same lucian,
btw stc and friends made sure that i will not be on ur side again by actions u guys did when u where the "blob".
Times change adapt or get lost. And if u think 77 is puppets u should get some better spies yarr

That's nice, did they get wiped?

Lucian Cain wrote:

Well Lucian this is a very simple answer. I, like you, do a lot of solo roaming.  I find the thrill of the hunt more tasty than the surgical strikes.  I have to hand it to you though, deploying a beacon, moving in killing your prey, than jumping to an unattended gate with an interzone beacon prewarmed up is kind of sexy.  Go in, get the kill and quietly go away, its very effective.  I understand this completely neutered your entire game play.  It's a shame. A real, real shame.

It kind of reminds me of some faction pushing for a 2d/3d change to terraforming that would make previously well designed bases virtually obsolete... in one patch...  So I offer you, Lucian Night, the simple answer and some advice from your CEO, "Learn to overcome and adept".

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Anyway im done arguing with you guys, it was fun but now its a arguing match.

Zoom its on you to fix it, or just keep giving the blob what they want and see where your precious game ends up

I see alot of Crying over were not getting fights, please fight us, attack us.

Makes me all Happy Inside.

Actually Fear is what is happening to Nova right now.  Mining is not going on, ( You will say other wise to counter this.) Eyes are up all the time. 
This is far besides the point however.

Lets look at this the other way.  Two guys attack two targets, they kill and decide to move on, they drop tele (3min to charge), then start jumping.  (30sec Per jump).  Were up to 4 Min now on a external gate.  Now we have to wait still yet longer to jump out to safty. (2 Min stability) Up to 6 Min now.

Anyone on any given island now has 6 Min to kill a two man gang. 

I love how were completely glossing over how, crazy OP it is for a attack to have the ability to move around a island, but its not so crazy for a island holder to undock, walk 500meters, and jump and kill WITH IN 3 MIN.

(In before, but the defenders need a advantage, there advantage is having a station that makes there bot 100% safe when they choose, in 4 or 2 spots.)

Also Syn brings up yet another thing that needs looked at, Detectors are WAY OP at current usage rates.
Happy to know that both sides are on the same page on that one.

The actual fix is the inability to KILL armors vs. the usage rates, drop them down to two to three shots to kill, and were golden.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13