76 (edited by Syndic 2014-04-15 10:31:16)

Re: Mobile teleports and PvP flags

That's a pretty pathetic way to manipulate poor inexperienced Zoom into enabling your aversion to PVP.

What nobody is telling you Zoom, is that vets (including me) all have enough accounts to run 1-3+ accounts dedicated to being a maximum Detection castel Mk2. These robots can spot other robots at 2,2-2,3km, and with sufficient saturation (sorry, Clever Elite Hit And Run Gorilla Scouting) they will usually 9/10 times manage to spot people jumping through a teleport. By which time ofcourse, beacons are already charged up halfway... lol

Hit & run tactics are still viable. Key part is the "run". And by run I don't mean the new lolpirate favorite of "run into orange mobs, drop shield and aggro them". lol

God forbid "hit & run" might require something more then masked light ewars doing a ninja SAP with an emergency charging up. The caremeter totally budged.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

77 (edited by MoBIoS 2014-04-15 11:01:03)

Syndic wrote:

vets (including me) all have enough accounts to run 1-3+ accounts dedicated to being a maximum Detection castel Mk2. These robots can spot other robots at 2,2-2,3km, and with sufficient saturation (sorry, Clever Elite Hit And Run Gorilla Scouting) they will usually 9/10 times manage to spot people jumping through a teleport. By which time ofcourse, beacons are already charged up halfway

That fleet would not be flagged anyway, would they. They, as you stating, would be bout 500m away from the outwards tp, charging a mobile to jump on. - Where is the unbalance in that?

Syndic wrote:

God forbid "hit & run" might require something more then masked light ewars doing a ninja SAP with an emergency charging up. The caremeter totally budged.

Well the issue seems not the ninja sapper, rather that you are not on scene to defend when the saps go up, as you are busy ganking newbs on alpha. Totally unbalanced, I admit

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

78 (edited by Burial 2014-04-15 10:57:10)

It's an attempt to derail the topic away from the problems with this change. Don't waste your breath.

The issue isn't the fleet jumping through the teleport to go engage someone.

The issue is there's no way for that fleet cover 3+ kilometers in time before emergency/armored's are charged up & roamers vanish into the turtle shell of Alpha, ergo making it entirely possible and uncounterable for the PVP-averse to escape to safety 9/10 times.

I totally understand why you don't want to be in a position where you have to fight us. It's convenient to be able to kill Serpens or Beastmode and escape to safety. You however, don't understand three important things;
- Get-out-of-jail-free cards shouldn't exist in a full loot sandbox.
- 9/10 times we're gonna awox Serpens/Beastmode for being annoying c*nts and you're saving us bullets
- It's a self-destructive playstyle that's already showing in your rosters as less and less of your guys show up to your fleets.

Thus my original remark, you mistake frustration with ridicule. lol

CIR Complaint Form

When they changed the sap design so that corps had to show up more often on random times it was a smart move to help smaller corps to gain control of a station rather than signing up for 1 big event and not having a chance to win the sap against a big blob.

Now with the mobile tele change, you guys are able to undock from tellesis, drop interzone jump to Dom/Nova while taking 10 min forming a blob and the smaller force would have no chance of escape.  If the smaller group flags they have to fight off people from the beta station which keeps them flagged, all while the bigger group forms up to come kill. All plays in the favor of the blob. 

So if the Devs don't want people using mobile tp's flagged then they basicly don't want anyone having small scale pvp with an alliance like the "blob" currently has.  Either remove the Armored and let people jump flagged through standards or emergencies, or just remove mobile teles, change the jump pattern maybe on alphas to be able to jump across faster for travelers and let the "blob" actually have to have sparks closer to the places they really want to defend.

81 (edited by Jita 2014-04-15 14:43:54)

Look I'm sorry your logged off on nova assault and ewar fleet is going to have a harder escape route but that's how balance works. You can't expect to engage and the enemy has to respond anywhere on the island in three minutes. That is not balanced.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Your entire statement above Lucian was proven false when Beastmode got killed last night.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

sorry it takes you guys so long to form up and log on to kill an assault

But when your actually online you could've killed him

Look I'm sorry your logged off on nova assault and ewar fleet is going to have a harder escape route but that's how balance works. You can't expect to engage and the enemy has to respond anywhere on the island in three minutes. That is not balanced.

That's just it, you nailed it right on the mark Jita except you actually can respond in 3 min.  How long does it take to warm up a interzone to come from tellesis or anywhere near the island being attacked?  You do have sparks right? So with sparks and Interzones/teles advantage goes to blob 100%

Quit trying to justify adding warp to this game.

Jita wrote:

Why?

Armored tps may well be op, but please explain why what you describe is unbalanced. You have an undefended Miner / Farmer / w/e on your Island. Your enemy finds them and decides to kill them, explain why they are under an obligation to then hang around and wait for you to form up. They have 'risk free pvp' because you leave targets that can't defend themselves out in the open.

^ exactly, if you own an island/outpost then you need to be near it to defend it.  If you cant set sparks to that location because all your sparks are spent elsewhere trying to conquer the planet of Nia then that's your bad.  You cant have your cake and eat it too.  Or maybe you can since Zoom nerfed tele's

its unbalanced because you cannot respond to a target mid island and kill it in the time it takes for an armored to spool. Openly defending *** doesn't work as its just detected and responded too.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

its unbalanced because you cannot respond to a target mid island and kill it in the time it takes for an armored to spool. Openly defending *** doesn't work as its just detected and responded too.

you can if your actually active on that island like you should be, or as I stated had a spark on that island.  That's why they made sparks.

I think its time for the Devs to actually play their game and stop making changes based on politically motivated forum campaigns.

if you instantly undock at a report of engagement and run out your talking a minimum of two minutes to get to the enemies location.

Cassius wrote:

I think its time for the Devs to actually play their game and stop making changes based on politically motivated forum campaigns.

They've made it clear they don't like having your get out of jail free card in the game. Why is it hard for you guys to grasp that? Sandboxes don't need warp/teleport in PVP its that simple. Themeparks are still around if you have the need for bubble hearthing.

Quit acting like its impossible to get off island without mobile teleporters; we did it for a long time before STC even found perpetuum-online.com

Cassius wrote:

... stop making changes based on politically motivated forum campaigns.

Yes, please do.

Tund Bungler wrote:
Cassius wrote:

They've made it clear they don't like having your get out of jail free card in the game. Why is it hard for you guys to grasp that? Sandboxes don't need warp/teleport in PVP its that simple. Themeparks are still around if you have the need for bubble hearthing.

Quit acting like its impossible to get off island without mobile teleporters; we did it for a long time before STC even found perpetuum-online.com

your right, there was a time when you couldn't use a tele to get off island and had to walk off, pvp was very fun then, BUT there wasn't "warp" as you like to call it to get to the fight as a defender now has. 

I flag and kill an enemy, I run to external, as I approach external my flag is dropping but im 1k away, your group already has sparked near the fight dropped a interzone or normal tele, warmed it up and jumps/"warps" to the external im headed towards.  I die....  So you can spark then "warp" to cut off the enemy but not to escape and that isn't broken?

Tund Bungler wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Except they haven't really, Zoom said that the problem was mostly armored tps and that the 'fix' might be a little much, but it was the easiest way to do it. You've made it clear you don't like tps at all, but thats not the same thing.

Lucian Cain wrote:
Tund Bungler wrote:
Cassius wrote:

your right, there was a time when you couldn't use a tele to get off island and had to walk off, pvp was very fun then, BUT there wasn't "warp" as you like to call it to get to the fight as a defender now has. 

I flag and kill an enemy, I run to external, as I approach external my flag is dropping but im 1k away, your group already has sparked near the fight dropped a interzone or normal tele, warmed it up and jumps/"warps" to the external im headed towards.  I die....  So you can spark then "warp" to cut off the enemy but not to escape and that isn't broken?

Not when you can get to the gate and jump through while flagged. You and Remedy have done it to us time and time again since the game went subless, no reason you can't continue to do so.

Dazamin wrote:
Tund Bungler wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Except they haven't really, Zoom said that the problem was mostly armored tps and that the 'fix' might be a little much, but it was the easiest way to do it. You've made it clear you don't like tps at all, but thats not the same thing.

I don't mind TPs. They are essential for moving around on alpha because the jump network is so wonky. I just don't like using any TP while PVP flagged. I think the ability to use externals while flagged should be reverted as well.

Dumping you 1km or whatever it is off a internal is at least an interesting take to it so I'm somewhat neutral to being able to use those while flagged.

We can argue all day, but the way it is now with not being able to jump while flagged leaves full advantage to the defender, since they can jump/"warp" to get to the location where the flagged enemy is.  So how can you say its ok to jump/"warp" to a fight but its not ok to jump/"warp" flagged?  As I said before, if you want a Beta then you should be there to defend it.  Not the other side of Nia, hear of a fight, spark close by and drop interzone/tele all within 1min then be on island hunting the enemy all within 4 to 5 min tops.  All advantage goes to the blob. 

-1 for perp, bad call Zoom

So why aren't you defending anything?

CIR Complaint Form