1 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-04-14 16:43:30)

Topic: Why Perpetuum?

This is an invitation for players to post the main reason they play this game, as opposed to some (that) other game.

This is mainly for new players who may be considering the game, seeing a tonne of complaint threads and wondering why the hell they should bother trying it.

I'l start:

For me the choice is between Perpetuum and EvE. I know of no other games on the market that come even close.  So why am I not playing the more polished game with the larger development team?

Meaningful terrain takes group pvp to a whole new level compared to the align/orbit and shoot combat you get in eve.  Here the position occupied by each group is hugely important.  Explosion damage upon death is the single most awesome feature in this game.

+1
-Confucius

Re: Why Perpetuum?

if you look for the more polished and better looking game in terms of gfx then eve is your game.

if you look for a more intresting gameplay, for the awsomeness of robots and a even greater possible potential for the future, then you are at the right place here and now.

3 (edited by Ville 2014-04-14 17:45:50)

Our TS comms and the forum.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

GLiMPSE, Inertia, Tund Bungler, Ville, OptiKhan, Lemon, Weedy, Oktan, Norrdec, Moagrim, Tusk Mc Pumpkin, Gothmog, Mr Quinn, Twiz, Krexis, Bwar, Ghandi, Arga, Diaper Gravy, BandwagonX9000, Sengyr, Ghorasia, Predator Nova, Merry Jane, Stranger, Coyote, Khalvarik, Ganrast, [CIR]Tonnik (not jita), Dark Omega, Xini Nemesis, Obi Wan Kenobi, Orbz, Benji, Scribbles, Triglav, Spicy McHaggis, Crepitus, Sundial, Golozhopenko, bigsteve, bobo 1994, ...

That's my reason. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

There is no version of Ville in Eve, and the community here is awesome.

You can be in good company with a few players, but still feel alone in a crowd.

RIP PERPETUUM

drawing and pinging on the radar yarr

Running around an island at 5am looking for some flaccid individuals doing log offs, armored scurrying and masker fear.

Its awesome.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Blowing up robots, preferably opponents robots.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Syndic wrote:

GLiMPSE, Inertia, Tund Bungler, Ville, OptiKhan, Lemon, Weedy, Oktan, Norrdec, Moagrim, Tusk Mc Pumpkin, Gothmog, Mr Quinn, Twiz, Krexis, Bwar, Ghandi, Arga, Diaper Gravy, BandwagonX9000, Sengyr, Ghorasia, Predator Nova, Merry Jane, Stranger, Coyote, Khalvarik, Ganrast, [CIR]Tonnik (not jita), Dark Omega, Xini Nemesis, Obi Wan Kenobi, Orbz, Benji, Scribbles, Triglav, Spicy McHaggis, Crepitus, Sundial, Golozhopenko, bigsteve, bobo 1994, ...

That's my reason. smile

I had a tear in my eye when I seen my name.

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

You won me over with the turkey sounds.

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

You won me over with the turkey sounds.

Not everyone can make that sound at the drop of a hat.

Dev Zoom. big_smile

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

Dev Zoom. big_smile

That wont bring your beacons back

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

Dev Zoom. big_smile

That wont bring your beacons back

I literally lol'd outloud.

Because I love badposting on the forums fuuu

I like sandbox, robots, industry, fittings, explosion, terrain. Perpetuum gets alot of things right despite its flaws.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I had a great amount of fun last time I played. Ran with a great group, good FC's, good support network, everyone helping each other. Now I run with a great group of guys, great FC'c, great support network, everyone helping each other. Heck even the spias help out.

Having played EVE before prepetuum, id say the big reason for me. Is i feel the industry portion to feel much more alive in prepetuum then in eve online. not to mention i like the the world/universe the devs created with a planet full of living "thing".

I also wanna see where prepetuum goes in the future. So much potential here. Though when the dropped the sub fee thats what really made me go: I NEED TO PLAY THIS NOW!
Since before I just had eve.. and I didnt want another sub fee.. fuuu

Perpetuum is the first full loot pvp MMO I played.  I found it by accident buried in an mmorpg.com sub forum somewhere (I don't read that site anymore).  I have been on different sides in different wars, in small corps and large ones, and run solo as a pirate and industrialist.  I've since played several other full loot pvp games and nothing else compares to Perpetuum, I think because it's a mix of strategy/tactics/gear/EP/game knowledge/luck/skill that determine outcomes and in most other games of this nature some specific aspect far outweighs the others.  The balance isn't perfect but it's better than most. 

I have since played EVE for a few months and it's close but the ability to directly duck around and use terrain and feel like you have direct control makes a difference without really favoring twitchy FPS mechanics.  Knowing an island well can make a difference.  Timing shots can make a difference. 

In space you have no terrain, in a game like DarkFall terrain abuse favors melee over others and twitch is too heavily emphasized, here it's closer (although not equal).  I think many other aspects of the game need reworking or careful attention but the PvP has always been the main draw for me.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:

Perpetuum is the first full loot pvp MMO I played.  I found it by accident buried in an mmorpg.com sub forum somewhere (I don't read that site anymore).  I have been on different sides in different wars, in small corps and large ones, and run solo as a pirate and industrialist.  I've since played several other full loot pvp games and nothing else compares to Perpetuum, I think because it's a mix of strategy/tactics/gear/EP/game knowledge/luck/skill that determine outcomes and in most other games of this nature some specific aspect far outweighs the others.  The balance isn't perfect but it's better than most. 

I have since played EVE for a few months and it's close but the ability to directly duck around and use terrain and feel like you have direct control makes a difference without really favoring twitchy FPS mechanics.  Knowing an island well can make a difference.  Timing shots can make a difference. 

In space you have no terrain, in a game like DarkFall terrain abuse favors melee over others and twitch is too heavily emphasized, here it's closer (although not equal).  I think many other aspects of the game need reworking or careful attention but the PvP has always been the main draw for me.

+1 great post, this should be on the Steam community page big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

While the game has potential, it is the people that keeps me around and checking in.

Line being line and rolling faces, Syndic & Obi trolling people to the point of mental break, Merkle & Lucian leading roams, Bags screaming for help on TS because his tank is weak and is too far forward again.

As to why i keep investing time and money in the game, the hope that we can get back what existed post beta. So many epic engagements lead by people that played this game pro (Props to Syndic and his old school speed fit Kain). And i want Beta alliance internal drama back (Alsbale and Dom ftw).

Azyre wrote:

I like how I can spread good values.

RIP bobo1994 sad

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Y'all are a bunch of tree hugging hippies. cool

This game is a real life simulator! Thats all!

The feelings is soo real, even the fights, targeting, fitting, and the real death of robots.

My favourite part is PVP
then Terraforming, Gamma PVP
then building stuffs,
fitting experiments.

And the community keep you play every day and night!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Weedy wrote:
Azyre wrote:

RIP bobo1994 sad

Upvote for great justice.

Ville wrote:
Weedy wrote:
Azyre wrote:

RIP bobo1994 sad

Upvote for great justice.

Taken from us too young, never to be forgotten.

RIP, for great justice. sad

CIR Complaint Form