Topic: Mobile teleports and PvP flags

Just so it doesn't take you by surprise and for those who don't read patch notes:

After today's patch (in about an hour), you won't be able to use mobile teleports with an active PvP flag. It has been like this for the interzone so far, but now we'll extend it to the other types as well.

Re: Mobile teleports and PvP flags

AGHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

A summary surrounding these mechanics would be nice to have by now.

So, having a flag:
- prevents you from using any deployable TP.
- allows use of all other teleports, including internal and zone to zone (including alpha), but with increased instability and your flag sticks?

So, PvP flag is always, what, 5 min from last aggressive action? And what time is the instability increased to if you have an flag?

4 (edited by Moonlight 2014-04-14 16:00:59)

Yes about time !! big_smile

Serious? Ridiculous and I speculate!

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

I am still crying tears of joy!

+1, is there a link somewhere to the patch notes? I'm at work.

Cassius wrote:

+1, is there a link somewhere to the patch notes? I'm at work.

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2014-04-14

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot

The purpose of a PVP flag is to commit to an engagement, therefore it is working as intended now.

RIP PERPETUUM

10 (edited by Cassius 2014-04-14 16:52:41)

Thanks muchly Mobios.

"All NPCs on Beta have been switched to red, as intended"
"All mission NPCs have been switched to orange, on all islands"

Contradiction?

"Red NPCs will not agress passive bystanders unless the aggressor has left the area"

So, business as usual around a terminal, griefer brings the horde, target undocks, griefer docks. No difference.

And why allow PVP flagged bots to jump at externals? I didn't think it was a good idea when the change was implemented and I still don't.

Although I love the no jump on mobile with PvP flag change, you guys are making a lot of changes that favour the blob, and screw the little guy or the raiding party. I guess every engagement will boil down to numbers now.

I see a great disturbance inbtge force like a thousand chodes shriveling all at once.

Awesome patch Zoom ... Bro fist

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

12 (edited by MoBIoS 2014-04-14 17:21:37)

Cassius wrote:

So, business as usual around a terminal, griefer brings the horde, target undocks, griefer docks. No difference.

And why allow PVP flagged bots to jump at externals? I didn't think it was a good idea when the change was implemented and I still don't.

... you guys are making a lot of changes that favour the blob, and screw the little guy or the raiding party. I guess every engagement will boil down to numbers now.

Just my thinking.

#Bad Robot

Badass. Now just change it to where you cant use external static TPs with a flag (like it used to be) and we're in business.

This is the best change that happened to the game in 4 years.

No more get-out-of-jail-free cards!

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

-1  Dev Zoom gave the blob what they have been crying for.  Like Cassius says this game truly boils down to numbers now.  When we were the "blob" we excepted it as part of the game when the enemy used a tele while flagged to get away, and we didn't cry about it, but now I see how crying to the devs can change the game in ones favor.  Perp takes another step backwards once again......

To Dev Zoom, how does taking away small warfare tactics help a game with such a low population?

If everything your small warfare tactics boil down to is "drop 5 armoreds before 5 of us go in, run back and jump if stuff happens" then you got bigger problems then this change.

CIR Complaint Form

Its ok Syn, we all know this helps the blob no need to give us your logic since you guys used the same tactics in the past when you had smaller numbers.  You will say anything to defend this change since it only helps you.  If your Blob cant kill a few people before or even after they jump since they will still be stuck on island with a long instability then you have bigger problems.

Cry some more to the devs for the old intrusion system also while your at it, maybe you can get that changed back to your favor, lol

RAD can be happy too, they can go PVP with you now safe in the knowledge that as long as you flag you can't leave them holding the bucket anymore. lol

CIR Complaint Form

Posting under more alt accounts..

I still can't stop laughing this is so delicious lol

CIR Complaint Form

I'm so excited I'm afraid to stand up at work.

Ville wrote:

Posting under more alt accounts..

I'm pretty sure you hold the record in this.

I'm not against this change. But now there is only one playstyle, numbers.
Would have been better for PvP to make externals no jumped while flagged but leave mobiles as jump as flagged. In most instances the small fleet can be caught on the externals.

Numbers, Numbers, numbers all the time now.

Why not just make it mandatory the any new player has to join a player corp right of the bat? A solo new player will not be able to "protect his mining fleet".

A solo player, or one or 2 small bots, will not be able to find a stray gank on Beta without a chance to escape. Well a smaller chance.

These changes lately, this tele change, the NPC change, neither one help any part of this game for new players at all, if anything its a deterrent. I just don't understand why you are shooting yourself in the foot here.

I was againt the SpT change because numbers power projection, not SpT. A cooldown would have been better, even 10 minutes.
I was against the follow nerf, until it became a forum warrior thread, then I went for it. I will miss my attaching demob cam.
I was against the suggestion of nerfing ewar, I'm glad it remains intact.
I was against the recent NPC changes, beacon pits should cease to exist with your new (maybe?) Gamma terraforming rules, but the griefing that remains possible is just stupid.
I am for limits on PvP flagged jumping with teles, not sure if you are doing it the right way.
Are you actually considering releasing the API info for PVE kills? Because you realize that is just a troll thread made in response to the death co ords on kill mails now, right?

Almost all of these changes have far greater impact on your future noob steamlings than me.  But its your game, you make these changes as you see fit, IMO I don't think its good for the overall health of this game, and I will play it as long as its enjoyable I guess. We will see.

If you think its only about numbers then you got bigger problems then mobile TPs.

CIR Complaint Form