1 (edited by Celebro 2014-04-13 23:04:41)

Topic: Fix refining

I have been asking this for ages, refining means nothing if there is no compression in volume from raw material to commodities. This is why commodities are not sold on the market, only the raw product.

Commodities are just there to be converted when needed in factory but rarely transported, this takes a lot out of the trading and industry side of the game, even makes it overly complicated.

Compressed minerals can also take a load off in transporting them. So start now and kick start a thriving economy now that it's growing.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Fix refining

+1
just do it

+1

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

+1

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

C-c-c-c-Combo breaker.

Jk

+1

+1

again why are we still asking for this after all these years ????

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

again why are we still asking for this after all these years ????

Indeed.

re-fine (ri-fïn, rə) v. -fined, -fining, -fines --tr 1. To remove unwanted substances from; purify. 2. To free from coarse characteristics; make more elegant, polished or subtle.

+1

-1 doesn't make sense.  We should INCREASE the U of refined goods.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

9 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2014-04-14 12:01:27)

i think we had this before... but of cource i can only greatly agree.

just look at RL.

exaple iron ore:
iron ore has high volume because there is more then iron it. thats why you have to "refine" it.

aftter refining all the stuff you dont want is gone. so it has lost a lot mass and volume. the product you get out of it (steal in various forms like plates, blocks ond others) has way less volume, but higher density so more mass per volume (density can be different with other products)

once you produce anything out of the refined materials you usually cut away from that making it even more lighter, but you are creating something with function in most cases so you greatly increase the volume with your done goods again. take a tank for example. they weight usually around 80tons thats quate a bit, but if you smelt it together to a solid block of metal then it is way smaller can can be transported way more easy.

this also would also encorrage trade because ppl might want to refine under better conditions. ...

big +1 the game will benenfit in multible ways and of cource it makes a lot sense.

Ville wrote:

uhm, yes and no.

what we do ingame is refining raw materials gatherd from the ground AND creating alloys in the same process. naturally that would decrease the density of the result dramatically, unless mining works in a way that only gathers pure elements.

its not defined what "U" means exactly, so i would say its closer to "mol" then to "m³"

earlier we had refining processes that just turned ores into pure materials (titan ore to titan, HDT to ... forgot the name). Its a pitty that one was removed, instead of having it in for transport compression.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Celebro wrote:

I have been asking this for ages, refining means nothing if there is no compression in volume from raw material to commodities. This is why commodities are not sold on the market, only the raw product.

Commodities are just there to be converted when needed in factory but rarely transported, this takes a lot out of the trading and industry side of the game, even makes it overly complicated.

Compressed minerals can also take a load off in transporting them. So start now and kick start a thriving economy now that it's growing.

oh yeah!
+1

+1

+1

+1
-Confucius

Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:

uhm, yes and no.

what we do ingame is refining raw materials gatherd from the ground AND creating alloys in the same process. naturally that would decrease the density of the result dramatically, unless mining works in a way that only gathers pure elements.

its not defined what "U" means exactly, so i would say its closer to "mol" then to "m³"

earlier we had refining processes that just turned ores into pure materials (titan ore to titan, HDT to ... forgot the name). Its a pitty that one was removed, instead of having it in for transport compression.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

+1

Should have happened years ago, +1

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.