Re: Dissapearing NPC's

All of your Alpha 2's are belong to us

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

So players can still lure NPCs to anyone then use mobile tp to disappear then it will make them attack the closest player?

Yes, but that takes even longer to do, since the teleport needs to charge.

npcs dont shoot at the teleport, so it can be set up while still running circles until its charged.

you shoudl better work on npcs tactics - like let them give up on a chase if it takes to long. if you want to make kiting harder, add more fuzzy logic and group play to the npcs

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

npcs dont shoot at the teleport, so it can be set up while still running circles until its charged.

So? The only thing you need to do to avoid being attacked is to go away. The teleport won't come after you, and even if the griefer follows you, he will soon get out of the teleport's range.

Dragging mobs on to people is much more fun than having beacon pits in Gamma.

Thank You for this wonderful gift Dev Zoom.     lol

DEV Zoom wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

So? The only thing you need to do to avoid being attacked is to go away. The teleport won't come after you, and even if the griefer follows you, he will soon get out of the teleport's range.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Sundial wrote:
Celebro wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

If you want my personal and honest opinion, it saddens me a bit that the community is still not at that point where they would just start organizing guardian squads to protect the miners or the busy transport routes. That would be a true sandbox trait, but maybe I'm just a dreamer.

Never happened on Eve no one wants to defend miners from NPCs , if there is an option to do it solo.

In EVE you have other options to defend yourself as a miner, including using a barge with a battleship sized tank (Procurer/Skiff) in trade for a little bit less yield. Its simply not feasible to suicide gank these barges.

This particular issues is different though because some of the mobs likely will have ewar and can't be permatanked because of the way shield mechanics are linked to your accumator as well as other factors such as neuting, lack of shield bonus on the Rivaler and how terrible active armor tanking is. So you can't escape and you can't permanently tank them.

As for having solo players on alpha defend themselves with combat accounts, good luck on that Zoom. You see this kind of stuff already happening by some of the larger more organized alpha groups, but that's not who this type of training is killing. Its killing the smaller group and solo alpha dwellers (the only hope of your entire game after steam). So yeah, I wouldn't dream for everyone behaving the same Zoom. You have different groups of players that all act differently, you need to consider that in balancing the game.

Feel free to ignore this guy as well.
Elitist/ hive mind, Perpetuum is working out so well up to this point.

Can't tell if trolling or serious. Did you read what I wrote yikes

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

lol

if by hivemind, you are referring to players that work as a group instead of solo players dying in a fire in Alpha, thank you

Ioci wrote:
Sundial wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Never happened on Eve no one wants to defend miners from NPCs , if there is an option to do it solo.

In EVE you have other options to defend yourself as a miner, including using a barge with a battleship sized tank (Procurer/Skiff) in trade for a little bit less yield. Its simply not feasible to suicide gank these barges.

This particular issues is different though because some of the mobs likely will have ewar and can't be permatanked because of the way shield mechanics are linked to your accumator as well as other factors such as neuting, lack of shield bonus on the Rivaler and how terrible active armor tanking is. So you can't escape and you can't permanently tank them.

As for having solo players on alpha defend themselves with combat accounts, good luck on that Zoom. You see this kind of stuff already happening by some of the larger more organized alpha groups, but that's not who this type of training is killing. Its killing the smaller group and solo alpha dwellers (the only hope of your entire game after steam). So yeah, I wouldn't dream for everyone behaving the same Zoom. You have different groups of players that all act differently, you need to consider that in balancing the game.

Feel free to ignore this guy as well.
Elitist/ hive mind, Perpetuum is working out so well up to this point.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Short Story about these red mobs:

A few weeks ago +++ Devs though it was a genius idea to change the Red mobs AI which was part of them trying to nerf players running beacon pits.

In the process, they made it possible to train red mobs on to other players who are not used to interracting with other people or the sun outside etc.

So, now the result is:

Pissed off older players

Pissed off new players

good job Zoom

+1 Rage Blackout that's the best overview of the situation I have seen so far.

Beacon pits are a legitimate use of the gamma sandbox mechanics for PvE. Of course, it had to be nerfed because people were actually making money on gamma... wait wat roll

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

The fact that you can drag away red NPCs has nothing to do with beacon pits actually (since beacons have orange NPCs).

Honestly Zoom, you should keep this mechanic.  Its healthy for the market and it lets top end players enter the life cycle of goods. Players should have to pay a little attention while using Alpha 2s.  Some of the biggest tears come from people Completely AFK!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville: the mechanic stays, we're just making it less dangerous, and convert mission NPCs to orange, because they shouldn't be lured away.

So if I get outside the aggro/sight range will still follow me or find a new target?

If you can leave them behind so they lose the lock on you, then they will look for a new target wherever they are. If they can't find any then they will move back to their spawn point.

DEV Zoom wrote:

If you can leave them behind so they lose the lock on you, then they will look for a new target wherever they are. If they can't find any then they will move back to their spawn point.

Walk back or teleport back?

I miss beacon pits, it was fun and a great addition to gamma...

perhaps make some gamma specific beacons we can use and construct pits to use them...

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

At least some emergent game play by accident, don't take it away.

RIP PERPETUUM

Tund Bungler wrote:

Walk back or teleport back?

If there is a reasonable route then walk, if not then teleport. (Depends on the time it takes to calculate the path and some other things.)

Zoom,if npc still have *** GOD DAMN PORTAL *** GUNS *** LAZER *** DOWN YOUR *** NECK GUNS, I'M LITERALLY AT A COMPLETE LOST OF BASIC LOGICALLY THINKING HUNGARIAN NECK BEARD *** *** *** IDIOTS WHO THAT WAS A GREAT *** IDEAIS A *** *** INCOMPETENT, I think I just had a stroke.

Maybe something good will come out of this on Alpha 2s. AFK mining is stil problem in Alpha 1 though, but it seems you will need to be awake in alpha 2 now.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ville, Calm the *** down and drink tea!

RIP PERPETUUM

either way, you did it  tongue

DEV Zoom wrote:

The fact that you can drag away red NPCs has nothing to do with beacon pits actually (since beacons have orange NPCs).

Observers..  Have killed more bots of mine in 1 month then I've lost on all my accounts in pvp.

There is this game that has the most amazing pve agression mechanics. If you google Blue Waffle you will find out the details, its hard to explain.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

lol Ville, didnt know camping do that to people big_smile