1 (edited by Crepitus 2014-04-09 17:46:24)

Topic: State of the Game

Hi.  I haven't played for a very long time mostly because the last time I calculated PVE to PVP time it was 8 to 1 hours and  made worse by nerfing islands and spreading ores.  I'm burned out on mining, ever.  I got the email like others did.  I had 5 accounts when I left but 1 appears to have been stolen from me and another one I forget the login for so that leaves me with 3.

Questions:

1.) How is the insane PVE Grind?

2.) How are the insane travel times?

3.) How is the obscenely low population?

4.) How is the racial/bot class size balance?

5.) How is the dev corp favoritism and interfering with in game alliances/politics?

Why should I come back?  I have checked the forums periodically since the last time I logged in (2012) and I haven't seen much difference.  Just curious.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

2 (edited by Syndic 2014-04-09 17:59:23)

Re: State of the Game

Crepitus wrote:

Hi.  I haven't played for a very long time mostly because the last time I calculated PVE to PVP time it was 8 to 1 hours and  made worse by nerfing islands and spreading ores.  I'm burned out on mining, ever.  I got the email like others did.  I had 5 accounts when I left but 1 appears to have been stolen from me and another one I forget the login for so that leaves me with 3.

Questions:

The Motherland misses you too.

They put in clonejumping so much better.

We're back up to pre-Alsbale Purge population levels.

Nothing really majorly changed, all are viable and all sizes are viable.

5.) How is the dev corp favoritism and interfering with in game alliances/politics?

Haven't made anyone squeal hard enough, but M2S should be dead for good since we corp-robbed them & their last leader is busy playing EVE.

Why should I come back?  I have checked the forums periodically since the last time I logged in (2012) and I haven't seen much difference.  Just curious.

Because it's free so you're not paying 60$ a month anymore. And because we miss you comrade!

Sent you more up-do-date relevant information in a PM, hope you decide to login and have some fun buddy. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

3 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2014-04-09 18:04:02)

1) Appearently ball and chain spawn PvE for alpha 2 is easy with machine gun MK2 seth and follow bot

2) teleport beacons.... everywhere. Oh and spark teleports (jump clones with no cooldown.)

3) Pop is bout to improve bro, perpetuum finally launches on steam on april 23rd

4) Green bot is the *** of shields as always, Castel MK2 medium aux shield tank potentially OP, blue bots are master face rapist, yellow bots seem to enjoy range and auto cannons nowadays, and Zenith MK2s still spam range extenders with a single S-Demob

5) idk about that one, but I not seeing much favoritism atm.

Why should you come back? april 23rd perpetuum steam release!

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Crepitus wrote:

Questions:

CREPITUSS!!!!

I was totally going to PM and say hello, but the last time I did you went all EMO on me =P

Hit me up, plenty of pewpew and sparking like a mofo!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I used directional to get Titan Ore spots on Hershfield and they were all spawn camped. Bring a group.

I'm fine with group content but that's like asking me to bring in 5 buddies to mow the lawn with one push mower. It might sound novel but in the end it's something you need to do on a regular basis and just dumb.  I'll keep checking back but right now the game is still a bit too idealistic for its own health.

Ioci wrote:

I used directional to get Titan Ore spots on Hershfield and they were all spawn camped. Bring a group.

I'm fine with group content but that's like asking me to bring in 5 buddies to mow the lawn with one push mower. It might sound novel but in the end it's something you need to do on a regular basis and just dumb.  I'll keep checking back but right now the game is still a bit too idealistic for its own health.

Many have been arguing about the problem of Dynamic Ore Spawns colliding with Static NPC Spawns. The typical reactionary response is that one should bring friends to fend off the NPCs. Always the argument is about how it is POSSIBLE.

The quote above is an excellent analogy to illustrate how stupid the "Friends Solution" is to this problem. It's simply not worth the time and energy ...not until the day comes when all Ore Spawns are on top of NPC Spawns. Bad Mechanic is still bad.

....... A kitten just died.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ioci wrote:

I can never understand mining on alpha 2 - go to alpha 1 for the same ore and no problems

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Ioci wrote:

I can never understand mining on alpha 2 - go to alpha 1 for the same ore and no problems

Alpha 2 is Alpha level production. Back to the OP's 2.) question. When you need to import everything, that starts to impact more. Sequer trains on top of mining times, after you actually find the Ore spawns on Alpha 1, assuming someone else hasn't already cleared them.

See where this is going?

Am I the only guy that scans down several fields on an island and picks the best one? I never have to mine under spawns...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

Am I the only guy that scans down several fields on an island and picks the best one? I never have to mine under spawns...

No, but you might not see a reason to want more than one field that moves, since the rest are permanently under mob spawns until the game gets...crowded a bit.

They should really move ore spawns even if they don't get mined tbh...pointless having them under red mobs

Crepitus wrote:

heheheeheee  *stares at a wall with a mad grin on his face while rocking back and forth*

+1
-Confucius

13 (edited by Crepitus 2014-04-11 16:11:05)

Thanks all for the information.  I currently have 2 active EVE accounts and 2 active Darkfall Unholy Wars accounts but Perpetuum was the first full loot PvP game I ever played and I still have a lot of good memories of white knuckled shaky fights both solo roaming and in big corp fights on all sides.  I liked the login traps and logistic/strategic ways in which landscape and portal connections could be factors, even the addition of speed ramps added to the game. 

My biggest problems were always with the PvE/PvP grinding/fun ratio, lack of good options for solo/small groups, and the myopic focus of the devs on grandiose alliance problems/systems over basic game play/balance and their multiple botched non-attempts to keep huge influxes of new players (monocle gate anyone?).

I'm glad to hear M2S is finally gone.  They were the one group that did the most harm to the game above all others, imo, especially where dev corruption/interference was concerned.  I honestly haven't decided if I'm going to re-download/install/configure multiple clients again as my freetime is already at a premium but I'll have more time in a couple months.  I'll be watching the STEAM debut for sure.  It's also good to see the soviet block hasn't crumbled wink

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Kaldenines wrote:
Crepitus wrote:

heheheeheee  *stares at a wall with a mad grin on his face while rocking back and forth*

Better call Jelan for a sanity check big_smile

mynameisjoge wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:
Crepitus wrote:

You rang?

Crepitus wrote:

Thanks all for the information.  I currently have 2 active EVE accounts and 2 active Darkfall Unholy Wars accounts but Perpetuum was the first full loot PvP game I ever played and I still have a lot of good memories of white knuckled shaky fights both solo roaming and in big corp fights on all sides.  I liked the login traps and logistic/strategic ways in which landscape and portal connections could be factors, even the addition of speed ramps added to the game. 

My biggest problems were always with the PvE/PvP grinding/fun ratio, lack of good options for solo/small groups, and the myopic focus of the devs on grandiose alliance problems/systems over basic game play/balance and their multiple botched non-attempts to keep huge influxes of new players (monocle gate anyone?).

I'm glad to hear M2S is finally gone.  They were the one group that did the most harm to the game above all others, imo, especially where dev corruption/interference was concerned.  I honestly haven't decided if I'm going to re-download/install/configure multiple clients again as my freetime is already at a premium but I'll have more time in a couple months.  I'll be watching the STEAM debut for sure.  It's also good to see the soviet block hasn't crumbled wink

Its all a matter of perspective Crepitus wink

Jelan wrote:
mynameisjoge wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

You rang?

Can I

HAZ YOUR BABIES?!

Jelan wrote:
mynameisjoge wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

You rang?

Hi, yes.

You may want to give kaldenines a sanity check, I think he has lost his mind!

Update,
10 seconds from a Shinjalar Mag strip, gathering Prismocitae in a Sequer. Someone launches a Distress beacon on the mag strip, a dozen bots instalock me and melt the Sequer.

It will be passed off as griefer lulz. Me, I think it's a deliberate attempt by shills to sabotage a game on its last legs. I really don't know if the game has a chance. I can shrug the "loss". It was under a Mill. I can even shrug the waste of time but it does concern me when low impact players get bullied like that. I won't take it personal but that in itself is what concerns me. Anyone coming here from Steam will need to be willing to join the Gamma Zergs out of the gate or will be thugged out of the game.

GL Devs. You have a fight to survive and I don't envy your situation.

"Someone launches a Distress beacon on the mag strip"

Gunner wrote:

All I know is I had a dozen red dots show up on top of me, out of nowhere.
Point still remains the same.

That WAS NOT a Distress Beacon then, That sounds like a Roaming spawn, It was on Shinj, That is a Alpha 2, They DO HAVE RED Roaming NPC's there.             cool

Ioci wrote:
Gunner wrote:

So you died to roaming NPCs because you weren't paying attention. The same roaming NPCs with the same mechanics that have been around for years. Yet instead choose to blame other players for your disregard for player safety.

Got it.

I stopped reading at the "harvesting prismocitae in a sequer" part.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

25 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-04-13 04:40:46)

Ioci wrote:
Gunner wrote:

Happened to me in a rivaler mk2.

forgot you have to pull your head out of your *** on alpha 2.

eventually you learn, adapt, or make a forum post claiming distress beacons did it and it was low impact gamers who are trying to kill the game...which sounds way less derpy than "my head was fully inside my *** and I died to roaming mobs"

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth