Re: One time EP Respec coming down the pipe?

Honestly if your avatar wasnt so scary, siddy would marry you Zoom wink

DEV Zoom wrote:
Cestus wrote:

what happen to a corp if the CEO does a reset ?

You can't delete a character if he has any corporation roles, so you can't do a reset either. You will have to assign the CEO role to someone else.
This might also give you an answer to the question why don't we simply allow to reset accounts just like that smile

corrected, just a little confusing

53 (edited by Humongus Bauls 2010-12-22 01:35:37)

I am cool with the CEO flag. That makes logical sense.

I am not cool with having to pay you guys a weeks worth of my sub time in order to wipe the account, haha! That is a damn near *** solution...lol

Come on Zoom you can do better! Instant deletion (outside of corp CEO), or negative EP!
tongue

Annihilator wrote:

all the spy agents that have to be deleted to get the main agent respecced wink

This could get fixed easy but to date I only know one game that's fixed spys.

The Enclave - No drama!  No prisoners!

Humongus Bauls wrote:

I am not cool with having to pay you guys a weeks worth of my sub time in order to wipe the account, haha! That is a damn near *** solution...lol

Come on Zoom you can do better! Instant deletion (outside of corp CEO), or negative EP!
tongue

So are you outraged with having to pay days worth of sub time just to produce a mech as well?

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

lol!

Awsome, I was just about to let the dreadnought account lapse because I found I have zero need for a pure combat character when I always use RR in combat. Now I can make him a command bot or something.

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

58 (edited by Ekim 2010-12-22 06:11:51)

so im guessing that if we have 3 chars and pre release acct we will still have time to wipe the account ?

im looking at it now and it seems its gonna be damn close to 45days maybee even 46 if you have no ep banked right now as the last acct needs 7 days to delete

33+(2*3) = 39

6 days buffer if you have no EP saved at all.

Isn't this all about being gentle on the newbs who made their newbie mistakes when creating their characters after launch?

Surely pre-release chars who played on Beta cannot claim to be newbs and if they screwed up their characters then there's really nobody to blame other than themselves. Surely the extra 40k EP or whatever is compensation enough! I think they should lose that if they want to claim newbie status and restart their accounts.

61 (edited by Vorgrim Scout 2010-12-22 06:47:45)

Everyone makes mistakes. You ended up in Ecorp and no one is asking that you be punished for that decision. roll

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

33+(2*3) = 39

6 days buffer if you have no EP saved at all.

yes but the last character will need 24hours after the 6days to delete

40/45 days then. 5 day buffer

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

40/45 days then. 5 day buffer

ummmmm ?

it takes 6 days from no ep to a mass  3x 2880 ep to delete all chars

65 (edited by Vorgrim Scout 2010-12-22 07:05:24)

and it was 33 days ago that early access started. 33+6+1 (deletion time of last agent) = 40 days. It says 45 days from when account started, so you have 5 days grace period, minimum.

thats assuming there isn't some work around. Maybe the deletion cost is going out the window in favour of somet less *** way of limiting tutorial spam (like making it one tutorial per account perhaps)? I know it hasn't been a popular change.

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

and it was 33 days ago that early access started. 33+6+1 (deletion time of last agent) = 40 days. It says 45 days from when account started, so you have 5 days grace period, minimum.

thats assuming there isn't some work around. Maybe the deletion cost is going out the window in favour of somet less *** way of limiting tutorial spam (like making it one tutorial per account perhaps)? I know it hasn't been a popular change.

ahh was it 33? i thought it was 37 my bad never mind

it didnt require me to wait 24 hours to delete the last character on an alt account

Humongus Bauls wrote:

tongue

Pay a week of ep to wipe? i dont understand?

Hes probably saying he has 3 agents so it will take him 6 days to delete them all, plus one more for the 24 deletion time.

@ Tiber, an agent with no EP spent on it perhaps?

na, it had EP spent on it

You are right. Wonder when that changed?

It didn't, the 24 hours timer counts only for newly created characters. So when a character is more than 24 hours old there is no deletion timer at all.

So what happens if I reset an early access account? Do I still get the 40k preorder bonus EP aswell as the 7 days headstart worth of EP back too?

Well, I tried to read thru this thread to find out what exactly is involved in this account reset and I have to admit I'm confused as to what the procedure and consequences are.

Could anyone explain what you are gaining and losing by doing this? Or point me to somewhere I can read up on the details. Thanks in advance.

o7

75 (edited by Yorke 2010-12-22 12:12:13)

Zakari Smith wrote:

Well, I tried to read thru this thread to find out what exactly is involved in this account reset and I have to admit I'm confused as to what the procedure and consequences are.

Could anyone explain what you are gaining and losing by doing this? Or point me to somewhere I can read up on the details. Thanks in advance.

o7

From what I understand

You have to delete all your characters on the account your going to reset (which will cost 6days worth of EP)
This will result in losing all your research and reputation on those characters
You will also lose all your items if you dont give them to someone to hold for you
You can then reset your account meaning all the EP you have spent so far (including what you spent to delete the characters) will be fully available for any new characters you recreate.

The problem is this: If you have screwed up your character and have no EP available and have 3 characters, your going to have to wait a week with your screwed up characters until you have enough EP to delete them, personally I agree with the guy who said your basically going to have to waste a weeks subscription waiting for the ability to do this. the best option would have negative EP specifically for character deletion