Topic: Why nerf the "approach function" for PVE guys ?

New:''' The approach function will not work anymore on targets you have locked, targets with an active PvP flag, or when you have a PvP flag. An approach in progress will be also aborted if any of the mentioned events are triggered.

Why did you add "locking condition" when the Active PVP flag already works before this condition ?

Re: Why nerf the "approach function" for PVE guys ?

For a work around of sorts.

That is why it was added.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

so now i need three accounts in PvE?
one that leads and is followed by the active, and one that has the locked the active to buff it.

great big_smile

good that PvE combat is as static as Mining.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

You've needed 3 for a long time: dps, support and hauler. tongue

Anni might need two more just to hold his frail hands.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Burial wrote:

You've needed 3 for a long time: dps, support and hauler. tongue

true, but my hauler ususally was just sitting there at the field can and supplying the buff-bot with RSA and NEXUS buff to counter ECM spamming npcs...

and that was a corp mates account afk...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Its for the best for the player we hope to get many more of.

Its not for the best for the veterans with many accounts who are used to fairly mobile multiboxing.

I am willing to make that trade in hopes of getting more players and maybe even one day have enough players to have dedicated logi/support pilots.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

Its not for the best for the veterans with many accounts who are used to fairly mobile multiboxing.

I am willing to make that trade in hopes of getting more players and maybe even one day have enough players to have dedicated logi/support pilots.

I have some bad news, people still multibox in Eve, and will still multibox here

Dazamin wrote:
Sundial wrote:

I have some bad news, people still multibox in Eve, and will still multibox here

But not as easily as follow bots made it. Unless you mean with cloakies, I am obviously talking about multiple combat / logistics accounts.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

10 (edited by Dazamin 2014-04-05 01:28:10)

Sundial wrote:
Dazamin wrote:
Sundial wrote:

But not as easily as follow bots made it. Unless you mean with cloakies, I am obviously talking about multiple combat / logistics accounts.

Well yes and no, I mean they're just as easy in that you can approach or orbit in exactly the same way, but in Eve they are perhaps a bit more vulnerable if in close on top of the main combat pilot and easier to tackle and kill if the guy tries to bail. But that is more of a bot balance issue than a problem with follow, in that they're tough enough and capable enough to not need any real management, just 'set and forget'. I mean I get why people wanted follow nerfed, since balancing is apparently not a thing any more, but I'm not sure an ease of use function like the follow command is the real problem there.

Maybe because players with a healer mentality want to be more useful in PVE as well as PVP? Why spec as a PVE healer when every ratter has a 2nd box? What about one Healer bot buffing more than one DPS bot? Inefficient with current buff mechanics, Symbionts only have 6 arms. Unless the buff mechanic was changed so RSA buff was twice as good as SA head mod and each DPS bot can only have either one RSA buff or two SA buffs, and each R.Repairer arm and each E.Transfer arm does double what it does at the moment, and each DPS bot can only accept one R.Repair OR one E.Transfer, then maybe each DPS bot doesn't need it's own follow bot for a perfect grouping. Either way it is too little too late IMHO to save the player who wants to be primary healer. Actually if my calculations are correct, two DPS bots still do more damage and are tougher than one DPS bot with a support bot. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

What rubbish.

Buff bots have been used by dedicated people since beta. They have become less common as the population dipped and people multiboxed to keep up. They will be popular again.

Two well fit RR heavies will keep up with a fleets ranged damage.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

because beacon pits are wrong mmmkkkay

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum