Topic: Starting EP

So, if I bought the game today, how much EP do I start with?

Also, if I started a trial, but never subbed, before April 2nd, and then purchased the game, how much EP do I start with?

Re: Starting EP

Should be 20+20k for both cases.

Well its hard to figure out the exact circumstances, but talking with 2 different people who just bought the game outright, they appeared to start with 124 600 EP, or roughly 90 days worth of EP ... Might want to look into this.

Please note, I could be wrong, talking with new players sometimes things are lost in translation. It appears one player only had a trial a few years ago and purchased the game yesterday, while another bought the game outright after the second .... both appeared to have the same amount of EP.

I started a trial account on 3/30 but didn't sub.  I bought the game yesterday and when I logged in I had 56k EP.

Cassius: we can certainly look into it but it would be much easier if we would know which accounts are we talking about smile

Kynes: checking

well trial accounts have the 15 days worth of EP + the 40K starter EP.

Makes me wish I bought the amazon kick starter pack prior to going lifetime sub...would have had 60K and some sparks.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

I don't know if trial accounts would vary from puurchased now outside the trial period but my accounts had various amounts of EP even though they were all 4 months subscription accounts. My guess is that some of them I logged in during 2 week return specials and others I didn't. The ones I logged in got 2 weeks EP here and there as a result.

8 (edited by Cassius 2014-04-04 16:21:20)

I sent you a support ticket Zoom.

Edited: Release the blog and I'll release the names smile

Ok seriously, check your support tickets.

I'll take this part from my reply to you beause it might explain things:

The EP on old accounts can be relatively high even if they had no subsciptions, because we had 2 occasions when we reactivated all accounts for free for some time (expansion releases iirc).

DEV Zoom wrote:

Cassius: we can certainly look into it but it would be much easier if we would know which accounts are we talking about smile

Kynes: checking

Zoom, I sent you a PM with the character name of the account I just purchased.

11 (edited by Cassius 2014-04-04 16:27:52)

Ok. Thanks, I was thinking it may have been something other than a simple 3 months EP upon purchase.

Edit: About that blog?!?! smile

Recently when hearing the upcoming changes of the game going free to play we were told that if the account had 3 months or more it would be a lifetime account.  After hearing that I purchased monthly time and ICE for both this account and my other account in order to make them lifetime.  In the end I paid 30.00 US for each account.

Recently I talked to a new player who just started, and paid the same amount of money as I did except he has 130k EP roughly because perpetuum basicly gave him all the EP he would have accumulated for the 3 months he paid at one time, or for whatever reason it may be.  SO my problem is, I paid just as much money as he did, and I have only 1 month or 2 months of EP that I was able to accumulate before the game went Free to play.  I feel that is very unfair since my account had spent just as much money as he did accept he has about double the EP as I do?  please fix this, thanks

C 3PO: since you posted the same in a ticket too: the account in question is also from 2011, not a new one.

C 3PO a new account?  I always thought it was a Lucian Alt.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I have a similar problem. When I learned that game would become a free to play, I created one account and bought 3 months of game on 04/01... Today (04/04) I bought 2 licenses to give to my friends (and to support the game). I got only 20k EP .... My friend thats used redeem code after changes got about 45k EP. It doesn't sound fair.

Ashtaroth: so did your friend use the code on an existing old account?

Yes, DEV Zoom.

My friend created a beta account last month, but he used redeem code that I gave on 04/04. His IGN is Blade Wancer.

18 (edited by Solishian 2014-04-06 05:31:31)

Reading all this, why not add to the Perpetuum Credits, we received for gametime beyond the end of subscription, and to those that bought or will buy the game some extra EP too?
That would really be a very nice gesture, and the code, that could be used to do that, should allready be in place, just change the PC Setting to EP and let it run?

This would give every new player a better start into the game, and that should also boost the Steam sales a bit. And give you some more time, to offer some more usefull things for PC.
After shoveling around some of the 60k EP i have, and buying one EP booster, there isnt much left to do with the PC i have laying around - or bring back some kind of "ICE" to transfer PC over the market for NIC.

Solishian: but that's how it is already. Those that subscribed to the game in the past got 20k EP bonus, and those who buy the game now will receive 20k EP bonus just the same. 40k starting EP for everyone as is it is now and as it has been before the change.

Or if you mean to convert the extra PC to EP (it's a bit hard to understand sorry), that's a no. That would basically make them double their EP for the extra subscription time (once for the extra sub time, and once for the time they will accumulate it normally). Now THAT would be unfair.

20 (edited by Solishian 2014-04-06 10:29:01)

I was more thinking along the line, that for every month of gametime, you could add 15k-30k EP to these new accounts.
Like the amount of PC was calculated, just instead of only getting extra PC, you could add some extra EP to it.

Same with the accounts, that will be sold on Steam, up the offer with 3x 15k-30k EP and give those new ones a nice chunk of EP to play with right from the start.
Not to mention, this would ease some minds on the paying before being able to test part... wink

I'm not asking for a conversion of PC to EP. But, the return of ICE wouldn't be bad, just instead of gametime, it would add PC to the account, and the new ICE could be traded over the market like the old ICE was.
I recall something like this from another thread... and i like the idea, but what would you think about this, any chance that we will see ICE back again in Perpetuum?

Not much to do with PC atm, but i guess that will change in the future... smile

PC or items that you buy with PC might be tradeable in the future, we'll see.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Bad idea.

Burial wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Bad idea.

Why?

24 (edited by Tux 2014-04-08 20:14:17)

Burial wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Bad idea.

Agree..

PC and NIC should be completely separate.

If the items that are bought with PC are tradeable it then will do two things:

* Make it really easy to buy PC ~> convert to NIC ... instant billions = unstable economy

* Kill the cash shop because people wont buy the items with $$$ they will just wait until some rich guy does and ^^ pays NIC for these items which will lower the profitability for AC.

PC Items (I'm not referring to boosting or downgrades) should have an equivalent purchase (non trade able) mechanic in game like mission tokens but the token cost should be around 5x to 10x the cost of the item with PC. This will give incentive to players who dont have $$$ but have time to "PLAY" and grind missions. or buy tokens or what have you.

^^ But for any of this to work we need a wide variety of PC items ... which means more content design. ... I want a Fedora for my Ictus big_smile

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:
Burial wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Bad idea.

Agree..

PC and NIC should be completely separate.

If the items that are bought with PC are tradeable it then will do two things:

* Make it really easy to buy PC ~> convert to NIC ... instant billions = unstable economy

* Kill the cash shop because people wont buy the items with $$$ they will just wait until some rich guy does and ^^ pays NIC for these items which will lower the profitability for AC.

PC Items (I'm not referring to boosting or downgrades) should have an equivalent purchase (non trade able) mechanic in game like mission tokens but the token cost should be around 5x to 10x the cost of the item with PC. This will give incentive to players who dont have $$$ but have time to "PLAY" and grind missions. or buy tokens or what have you.

^^ But for any of this to work we need a wide variety of PC items ... which means more content design. ... I want a Fedora for my Ictus big_smile

Same concept as ICE.  Good way for billionaires to offload nic to poor people with jobs.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth