Topic: lifetime account

So I just got an email saying I now have a lifetime account.

This means you have closed of the ability to do paid expansions.

Noobs.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: lifetime account

I don't know currently whether we will or won't have paid expansions, but what lead you to that conclusion? The lifetime account means the base game we have now, that's how it is called in the store too.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I don't know currently whether we will or won't have paid expansions, but what lead you to that conclusion? The lifetime account means the base game we have now, that's how it is called in the store too.

If you are obliged to pay at any point during the games lifetime to keep on playing the it really is not a lifetime account. You should have said no monthly subscription needed to play to avoid confusion.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

If you are obliged to pay at any point during the games lifetime to keep on playing the it really is not a lifetime account. You should have said no monthly subscription needed to play to avoid confusion.

Hm by that logic you would now have unlimited EP boosters and free downgrades? But sorry for the confusion then, apparently we have different ideas on what a lifetime account means.

5 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2014-04-03 16:04:58)

oh guys, you should know better.

there are plenty of other games out there with similar things.

just think of whats possible if you havent bought an expantion:
- new islands that you dont have access to
- new bots / equip that you can not use
- new missions that only show for you if oyu have the extention
- aso...

so its totaly possible that you have your lifetime account, but if you want the new content then you have to pay again.
not saying that i would like it or think it would be good in a sandbox envioment. even more because im still paying for my boosters on all accounts (what is basicly the same as paying the sub). but its defenetly doable. your account is lifetime as it is. does not nessessary mean that you get the new stuff for free anymore as you were used to in the subscription model.

I think it's stretching the truth a bit (Kind of like F2P games advertising being, well, F2P), but nothing to warrant this level of dramaqueening.

There's a link to the blog anyway to explain it in detail.

Celebro wrote:

If you are obliged to pay at any point during the games lifetime

In case you didnt know, "Expansions" in games are ALWAYS optional, they are NEVER obligatory, therfore, noone is ever "obliged to pay". 

Congratulations on successfully on dis-proving your own argument.

Frick guys, couldn't you have put a little more effort into the mass mailing?   I mean *** that was free advertising and it was as exciting as a postage stamp sad

Stamps are pretty damn exciting.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Life-time/No-Sub/Free-to-play account means more players. 

P.S. I'm back.

The Enclave - A mature, friendly, and cooperative corporation.

Played for 3 months when game was first released. Looks like i am grandfathered in, LOL. What the hell, I'll give it a go. At least it it won't cost me to see if the reasons this game was a fail for me have been cleaned up. I am very active in 4 good online games right now, a 5th one won't slow me down much! Damn it's nice to be retired!!!

HereticZero wrote:

P.S. I'm back.

Oh god. Worst CEO ever.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Snowman wrote:
Celebro wrote:

If you are obliged to pay at any point during the games lifetime

In case you didnt know, "Expansions" in games are ALWAYS optional, they are NEVER obligatory, therfore, noone is ever "obliged to pay". 

Congratulations on successfully on dis-proving your own argument.

I didn't known actually. I always thought that terribu game with panda made you buy the game again every twelve months or so.

In that case gamma should be an expansion ... Free ofc for people who played for a month during the gamma release

Nope, make them repay for it.

You dont pay, you dont got to Gamma. 

Makes Perfect sense.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Blackice001 wrote:

Frick guys, couldn't you have put a little more effort into the mass mailing?   I mean *** that was free advertising and it was as exciting as a postage stamp sad

In all fairness, a disturbingly large portion of the emails came back as undeliverable anyway. neutral

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

I'm glad to be able to play perpetuum again anyway! Will be a nice break.

Those guys that are freaking out over the term lifetime need to grow up.

Syndic wrote:

Stamps are pretty damn exciting.

+1 from the sub

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

18 (edited by Smokeyii 2014-04-03 21:28:16)

HereticZero wrote:

P.S. I'm back.

Oh *** son, I had massive amounts of fun killing you at moyar. Should be awesome.

Jita wrote:
HereticZero wrote:

P.S. I'm back.

Oh god. Worst CEO ever.

ROFL

The Enclave - A mature, friendly, and cooperative corporation.

This topic is arguably one for semantics. Bottom line, who cares. I for one am grateful for the opportunity to be able to return with both accounts. If it works out, great. If not, then that's my own business.

That EP booster looks promising. Being able to help out the devs in that aspect with the in-game purchases so be it. The choice is ours.

That is all.

I haven't played this game since release. Back then I owned two accounts and played around 4 months on each one. Recently received emails telling me that both my accounts are lifetime now. Figured I'd see if the game got any better since I gave up on it.

TBH lifetime membership doesn't include expansions. No other MMO's that I have played that offered lifetime buy in's also gave free expansions. Still have to buy them. Thats normal.

TheSecretWorld "GrandMaster Pack", something like an lifetime abo, offers you every month extra "bonus points", that you can spend in the shop for extra thingys or use to buy the newest DLCs.

The same goes with LordsOfTheRingsOnline, if you were so lucky to get an lifetime abo in the past, you will still get points every month, and you can buy expansions with those points.

That should explain, why people expect different things from an "lifetime account".