Re: New devblog: A beginning is a very delicate time...

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

so you want to try pelistal , then select the pelistal tutorial. you get the bot ready in your storage and fitted in a usefull way so the ppl can jump in and get going.

That will be part of the rookie checklist.

And only T1 is intended to be available, that means that we have to limit research as well. We don't want to spoil everything for a new player.

Idea is sound, I know a fair few players thought about the this and this fits very nicely.

The only suggestion I could make is to have "coaches" who can't get in the way of peoples training but can give advise or demonstrate fittings. Until we can link fittings or share set-ups more easily this could be beneficial.

See you at flood-gate o'clock.

Is the ability to join corps and kills going to the KB in this area necessary? This is supposed to be school for the new player, they could be recruited in game when they get there ... there should be every incentive to stay in this area to LEARN what the game is about and how the mechanics work ... no rushing the new player here.

But once they learn what a great game it is and how to play it, there should be NO incentive to stay there, the new player should be eager to get to the real game world. And start playing. I can see the appeal of veterans to form a trial and try out the various simulations.  But vets using trials to stay in this area for free pvp with noobs completely defeats the purpose.

So I would suggest no to allowing new players in this area join existing corps, and no to allowing any of the pvp kills in training be posted on the killboards.

Speaking of rushing. Make sure that the "real" EP starts generating right after you create new character, not the moment you leave the training area.

30 (edited by Celebro 2014-01-06 23:51:18)

I hate to say this but have my doubt about the way it's implemented with lvl 5 across the board and everything cheap to buy. I hope you can make them leave the training area, going back to low skills and paying premium for stuff is not something I would look forward to.

Anyhow what type of players are we trying to attract?
The theme park types that need hand holding, then throwing them deep into the sandbox are not going to last very long.

Might sound harsh I know because the idea is sound and it's still way better than what we have, but I feel with lvl 5 skill and cheap stuff really gives a wrong impression of what the game is about.

RIP PERPETUUM

+ 1 to Celebro

I feel the same, I hope the DEVS wont make too easymode, that shouldnt be good. Maybe the 10 EP/sec in would help.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Celebro wrote:

I hate to say this but have my doubt about the way it's implemented with lvl 5 across the board and everything cheap to buy. I hope you can make them leave the training area, going back to low skills and paying premium for stuff is not something I would look forward to.

The theme park types that need hand holding, then throwing them deep into the sandbox are not going to last very long.

Might sound harsh I know because the idea is sound and it's still way better than what we have, but I feel with lvl 5 skill and cheap stuff really gives a wrong impression of what the game is about.

Zoom clarified that it would probably only be T1 items cheap on the market.

Arga wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Zoom clarified that it would probably only be T1 items cheap on the market.

Yes, that's true and I know, just leaving some words of caution how it's done, that's all. Didn't mean to be too critical.
I must say the new player experience as it is, has improved a lot since release, it's not bad at all. And all this thing about 'screwing up you character I want a reset' is just whining from players, you can't screw it up that bad.

RIP PERPETUUM

The idea of being able to buy and fit any of the 4 factions before choosing is the 'spirit' of the trial area. I'm hoping a side effect will be that new players can get blown up a few times too, so they don't feel like losing 1 fight is the end of the world.

Nice Dune reference in the subject line. :-)

Kynes wrote:

Nice Dune reference in the subject line. :-)

WAT

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086