Re: New devblog: The end of subscriptions, the start of something new

If you want to compensate your mistakes, buy your downgrade packs. If you get bored with your current abilities and want a change, skill something new, buy your EP booster packs to get there faster.

This is money sink and credits both sides. You might want an EP reset, that is fair enough. But that is thinking on narrow grounds with just your selfish demands in focus and not seeing the big picture, of what damage an EP reset does to a persistent world, which is based on evolving on mistakes and diversity through that. Repeating myself - we have had it before and seen what effect it had on the game in praxis, not theory crafting. So its a fact. 

Any argument, but in other games respecs are a big seller and doesn´t harm the environment is picking the raisins as arguments and leaving out the other facts. As even in other games, which are most likely to be theme parks, you will only respec your skill path of your choose class and not your class.

If you want to play a different class, well, you just have to create a new character, even in other games. Here your class is determined on how you distribute your EP´s and any resets will harm the persistence of the current environment.

Knowing to be repeating myself, the current solution suggested by Zoom is the most valid one and presents a bridge to both sides and is a money sink.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

252 (edited by Gunner 2014-03-22 12:40:51)

The BIG picture is the current way of doing things here has driven the game in to the ground.

So, new ways of doing things are needed.  ...new ways of attracting old people and new people.

THAT is the big picture.

you just got served //

people like you who armchair quarterback everything and bittervet your innefective opinions hold the devs back

The only thing Remedy every accomplished was running and hiding when things got interesting.  Then, popping back up when the bad men were off playing minecraft.

MoBIoS wrote:

If you want to compensate your mistakes, buy your downgrade packs. If you get bored with your current abilities and want a change, skill something new, buy your EP booster packs to get there faster.

This is money sink and credits both sides. You might want an EP reset, that is fair enough. But that is thinking on narrow grounds with just your selfish demands in focus and not seeing the big picture, of what damage an EP reset does to a persistent world, which is based on evolving on mistakes and diversity through that. Repeating myself - we have had it before and seen what effect it had on the game in praxis, not theory crafting. So its a fact. 

Any argument, but in other games respecs are a big seller and doesn´t harm the environment is picking the raisins as arguments and leaving out the other facts. As even in other games, which are most likely to be theme parks, you will only respec your skill path of your choose class and not your class.

If you want to play a different class, well, you just have to create a new character, even in other games. Here your class is determined on how you distribute your EP´s and any resets will harm the persistence of the current environment.

Knowing to be repeating myself, the current solution suggested by Zoom is the most valid one and presents a bridge to both sides and is a money sink.

your argument is as valid as a child stomping on the ground screaming..BUT I WANT.. no need to elaborate.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot

254 (edited by Gunner 2014-03-22 12:43:19)

My opinion is very clear.

Old ways of pay model and ideas brought us to where we are now.

New ideas need to be put in place.  EP resets is one of those if it is done carefully and is not cheap. The partial level ups and downs is fine though in its place.

\
you make me bored, why dont you go try and ninja some more saps in t1 fit crap in dom

MoBIoS wrote:

your argument is as valid as a child stomping on the ground screaming..BUT I WANT.. no need to elaborate.

your other statement are simply desperate and off topic. If you want to start a trolling ping pong on how invalid each others corps are, why not join corp dialogue.

#Bad Robot

have a cookie

#Bad Robot

257 (edited by Gunner 2014-03-22 12:45:37)

Yes you are right.

It is off topic to state that people like you who dont play and run away when things get challenging seem to have a big opinion about where the game should go to survive.

I point out that there are several forums warriors here that alter the Devs opinions about change but do not actually participate in the game.

That is a fact and yes it is off topic.

sorry about that

MoBIoS wrote:

your other statement are simply desperate and off topic. If you want to start a trolling ping pong on how invalid each others corps are, why not join corp dialogue.

there is so much hate, Here here, all is good no need to pop a vein.

#Bad Robot

259 (edited by Cassius 2014-03-22 16:05:50)

From what I understand, Respeccing thru downgrades would cost a high EP character roughly $130 for a complete wipe. With a 100k EP downgrade priced at $10, I can certainly "retool" a character, perhaps removing some mistakes while optimizing his choosen class. This is far better than a full respec.

The downside is that my maxxed Mesmer Mk2 pilot would only need maybe $20 to become a maxxed Seth Mk2 pilot.

Tux has a point though with the possibility of one full Respec per vet account upon Steam Launch .... simply because of all the core mechanic changes over the last few years that negate the value of many characters specializations. I think after this free one, the downgrade mechaninc would be the only needed type of EP respeccing.

Not sure that downgrading will be much different than full reset based on above. Many robot, engineering and elec skills cross all build types. Perhaps a smart choice of downgrades can be as effective as full reset. What if that downgrade is cheaper than reset?

I think you're making lot of fuss Mobius and ONLY citing "CHAOS" and "those who were there knew" as evidence toward Reset doom. I can use my head and envision issues with FREE and UNLIMITED resets. Were they free and unlimited back in the said time of concern?

Making it expen$ive financially AND putting time limit and/or EP penalty on the process all go long way toward limiting the potential abuse.

With all the changes this game has undergone at least a single reset seems in order. But I won't die without it.

Really you will only downgrade perhaps 10℅ of your skills to do a fotm change. Electronics, engineering, advanced robotics they will all stay the same.

In reality the biggest change would be gunnery to missiles which is 30% max.

The question isn't the cost of downgrading fully but the cost of changing ep.

Downgrade cost should absolutely be linked to ep amount.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Rage Rex wrote:

I think you're making lot of fuss Mobius and ONLY citing "CHAOS" and "those who were there knew" as evidence toward Reset doom. I can use my head and envision issues with FREE and UNLIMITED resets. Were they free and unlimited back in the said time of concern?

In fact, it wasn't even CHAOS mass-respeccing, it was M2S mass-respeccing into green pilots (for max range green + strong ewar kiting fleet composition to be able to defeat opponents being greatly outnumbered). CHAOS was primarily green since release; they were living on the green island Norhoop; and it was even stated in their corp info and recruitment messages.

Mobios is wrong, per usual. Though I can see apparent reasons for such spin attempt.

shhh dont let people know, then more witch hunts

Jita wrote:

Really you will only downgrade perhaps 10℅ of your skills to do a fotm change. Electronics, engineering, advanced robotics they will all stay the same.

In reality the biggest change would be gunnery to missiles which is 30% max.

The question isn't the cost of downgrading fully but the cost of changing ep.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Jita wrote:

This goes hand in hand with my idea of having the full respec cost scale with the amount of EP you have. I think a full respec option could stay as long as it cost more to respec for some1 with 3 mill EP compared to one with 500k EP.

Aaron Sool wrote:
Jita wrote:

This goes hand in hand with my idea of having the full respec cost scale with the amount of EP you have. I think a full respec option could stay as long as it cost more to respec for some1 with 3 mill EP compared to one with 500k EP.

This is exactly what a cost of $10 to downgrade 100 k EP accomplishes.

And its a good idea. As mentioned the downside is its easy to switcha combat from one race to another, but at least the cost to change a combat to Ewar, or to Indy, is far more expensive. And hopefully enough of a cost prohibitive so it's rarely used.

bought

wtb corp

hey this is crazy I just met you so call me maybe.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice