Topic: *cough* oh hey we just NERFED Beacon Pits from the Game today *cough*

ninja update today

Some people may not understand what the patch notes mean.

Dev Zoom,  please do not remove or move this post.  It is a pretty big change for people who have been doing pits for 1-2 years.

I do support the change though as it was not intended to be done the way we do it and needed to be stopped prior to Steam.

It is ninja'd in and chuckled about though which is kinda $%$^ up.  Hi Zoom

"NPCs will now teleport out of enclosed areas"

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2014-03-19

A Gamma turtle did point this out, but it is buried in a thread whos title doesnt reflect anything about pits.

k

Re: *cough* oh hey we just NERFED Beacon Pits from the Game today *cough*

Well it's how the sandbox works. You kick the sand out and we try to shovel it back smile

To be fair you only try to shovel it back after everyone and their mother exploited it to the max and then some, as is the case with beacons.

Good change tho.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

4 (edited by Gunner 2014-03-19 16:22:57)

We didnt just kick the sand out, we excavated the park and dumped it into the ocean.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Well it's how the sandbox works. You kick the sand out and we try to shovel it back smile

http://tinyurl.com/kupkqkf

Good Job Devs removing pits , that system was heavily OP and Tbh reallly boring gameplay.

RIP PERPETUUM

Danachov just became the most valuable station.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I hear there are Nazgul inside.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I'm sure someone will find a way. I wonder if a reverse pit would work. If the player is in a small mazed pit will the NPCs tele directly on top of him?

reverse whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaattttt?

One less reason to live on gamma. There need to be more incentives to go there , now more than ever.

RIP PERPETUUM

was the only reason

Gunner wrote:

reverse whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaattttt?

Yeah, where NPCs farm you

13 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2014-03-20 17:48:51)

Celebro wrote:

One less reason to live on gamma. There need to be more incentives to go there , now more than ever.

Least more people will go on beta now hopefully smile

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Zoom. NPCs broken now, it appears some spawns on Gamma are static.

All roaming spawns are static for now, as far as I know, and normal NPC spawns started to teleport and randomly explode when you run away although there is a path. Needs fix!

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2014-03-21

Celebro wrote:

This pretty much.

Will we be able to repair these NPC teleport mods and fit them to our bots? They will drop when we kill them, correct?

Although a beacon nerf doesn't help Gamma, I understand why you are doing it (unless you think it was to solve the lag, the beacon pits did not cause the current problems)

But these changes might make almost all types of NPC farming impossible. Right now the mechanics dont seem balanced, or fair, I guess. And I have always advocated for more difficult NPCs ... I will have to test this a little more.

Well Beacon will still be possible, but no more doing it easy mode. I guess it will cost you now sometimes a bot doing beacons.
And ofc this will decrease the benefit, but not downto to zero.

20 (edited by Gunner 2014-03-22 12:02:36)

Gameplay
Fix: Roaming NPC movement was broken.
Fix: NPCs could not return properly to their home spawn after they got lured away.
Fix: The Scarabs on the Virtual Training Zone won't teleport out of their pen anymore.
Change: NPCs that are lured to teleport into blocked terrain will destroy themselves and will not drop any loot in this case.

Disaster waiting to happen  ---

Dev Zoom,

You REALLY need to think about solutions that cause 10 other problems.

Light and assault bot nps still teleport even when they have a path, unless all npcs use a mech slope to calculate pathfinding.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Also having some beacon spawned npcs blow up immediately upon spawning, even though they have a clear path to me. Half the beacon will immediately explode and not drop can, while the rest of the beacon charge my follow bot. Not an issue, but then some of those npcs upon reaching my follow bot will explode and not drop a can, even though they are in a completely open area.

They seem really buggy to me.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Corps can field enough manpower to handle beacons in open areas, as one alliance was doing at Tellesis earlier today.
But the NPCs that follow you forever completely eliminate the tactic of kiting ... Meaning a newer player trying to farm a low level spawn will not be able to do so solo. Throwing sand back into the sandbox is fine, but not if you end up burying the kids playing in it. Needs a balance.

Cassius wrote:

Corps can field enough manpower to handle beacons in open areas, as one alliance was doing at Tellesis earlier today.
But the NPCs that follow you forever completely eliminate the tactic of kiting ... Meaning a newer player trying to farm a low level spawn will not be able to do so solo. Throwing sand back into the sandbox is fine, but not if you end up burying the kids playing in it. Needs a balance.

haha I had that the other other day on an alpha 2, was farming a spawn after having dragged it about 1000 meters from the spawn and noticing that newly spawned NPC's would still walk the 1000 distance in order to come try fight me (despite it being a passive spawn), I got bored and walk off to fight a new spawn only to half way through have 2 passive mobs from the previous spawn run over the hill and start shooting me again, actually almost got me killed

Why not help out the perpetuum wiki?

[15:13:02] <DEV Zoom> yeah, our servers are run by goats, they lick the cogs to keep everything smooth