101 (edited by Jasdemi 2014-03-17 00:00:54)

Re: New devblog: The end of subscriptions, the start of something new

Yeah, $30 might be a little too much. Especially without trial.

102 (edited by Cassius 2014-03-17 00:14:28)

I assume, the EP earned will remain the same? ie, one EP per minute gets switched to a daily package that contains 1440 EP?

Also, the terraforming reimbursement ... one package per terminal.

Lets say STC kills PHM terminals frequently, causing them to rebuild more terminals, which STC then kills. In the meantime, STC has a terminal on Imidero that stands for all time, and the base around it is terraformed more than most islands.

Does PHM get 20 terminal terraforming reimbursement packages for being bad while STC gets one package for being good?

Hypothetical question, of course. fuuu

Cassius wrote:

I assume, the EP earned will remain the same? ie, one EP per minute gets switched to a daily package that contains 1440 EP?

Yes.

As a reward for paying for the game for 2 years .. i get the game free... GEE WOW  really thats the thanx we get for beta testing all this time for you ... COME ON..   at least offer a ep reset for free.

Its either this or you play with like 6 other people, then the game closes.

Trinch wrote:

Thx a lot devs for you respect to players that was in your game since alpha. I rly cant believe in this. GL with this awesome decision. Now i am know how much cost our dedication.

yeah come on devs $19.99, don't be Hungarian.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

I guess Steam gets their cut, so probably it will give room for weekend deals and such.

RIP PERPETUUM

Actually now that I think about this ... from this discussion

Full EP reset $50
Downgrade one skill, lets say 3 levels, $1
EP boost, one month, $10

And yeah, maybe throw in a free EP reset for Vets who have more than a year into the game.
But I really dont like more than one EP reset in a year period. And no name change, unless you allow character transfer (for $30! of course) ... get rid of the "gifting" grey area.

109 (edited by Gunner 2014-03-17 00:26:59)

Yeah that is true.

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

I guess Steam gets their cut, so probably it will give room for weekend deals and such.

Gooma wrote:

As a reward for paying for the game for 2 years .. i get the game free... GEE WOW  really thats the thanx we get for beta testing all this time for you ... COME ON..   at least offer a ep reset for free.

You get millions of EP new players don't get. Stop whining.

111 (edited by Gunner 2014-03-17 00:42:29)

50% bizoost 4 life!

Dev Zoom,

Send an E-mail to all current and past players?

Cassius wrote:

Also, the terraforming reimbursement ... one package per terminal.

Lets say STC kills PHM terminals frequently, causing them to rebuild more terminals, which STC then kills. In the meantime, STC has a terminal on Imidero that stands for all time, and the base around it is terraformed more than most islands.

Does PHM get 20 terminal terraforming reimbursement packages for being bad while STC gets one package for being good?

Hypothetical question, of course. fuuu

I was wondering if one were to deconstruct and then put up a terminal over and over for the next 2 weeks ...would this also effect the package?

MoBIoS wrote:

You are so wrong on your thoughts EP resets have no tactical side to it, which cannot be abused! It has already been severely abused, when we did have EP resets for a short time. Old players know.

I like everything in the DEV Blog bar EP resets. the last time we had ep resets it was bad for the game & Full ep resets have a huge tactical impact.

Rage Rex wrote:

I was wondering if one were to deconstruct and then put up a terminal over and over for the next 2 weeks ...would this also effect the package?

This has been answered on page 1 and in the blog, but again:

Devblog wrote:

So the plan is to check which corporations ever had a gamma terminal in the past (counted up until today, to avoid abuse)

Also, this .... " So the current plan is to do the reset and the reimbursement on the day we launch on Steam, and start right away with a revamped gamma experience." ..... from the blog.

Umm, lets say the Gamma experience goes smoothly, and is ready to be repopulated immediately. Having whatever stuff currently on Gamma returned to a terminal at the exact same time as Gamma is ready to be repopulated leaves no time for logistics to be organized for these assets to be used again.  Could the reimbursement be done a week before?

As for perpetual mining accounts I think the only beneficiaries of this would be existing Vets, not new players to the game. New player have to pay and use those account to train them up. Vets just log them in on demand.

And for the idea that mining on alpha should be nerfed globally to somehow effect those with existing armies of mining accounts ...just very bad solution. This would not only affect player 1 with his 20 accounts but also the 20 players with 1 account. It makes no sense to nerf mining globally to punish specific multi-account "abusers," Burial.

I do appreciate the humor in the idea that the multi-account issue is suddenly so real ...for industry.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Yes.

On this I would suggest reducing that to 1000 per day and 1500 with the boost.

Apart from 1440 being a *** stupid number if you don't know why 2100 a day is lots and will cap out p quick if you don't bring in new shizzle

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

"[00:09:16] <Khetar> why wouldn't they make it like "the game is free after the first 3 subs"? If they want to go for 30$ I assume someone is more likely to pay 10$ for 3 month instead of 30$ for a game that he doesn't know if he will like it"
So make easier to start and try for new players, and then pay. (But maybe will be just need some time to prepare.)

EP, reset need to look into.

Beside thats, ALL HOPE from me.
Energy to Earth and Perpetuum!

Jita wrote:

On this I would suggest reducing that to 1000 per day and 1500 with the boost.

Apart from 1440 being a *** stupid number if you don't know why 2100 a day is lots and will cap out p quick if you don't bring in new shizzle

You must realize that this would give all the existing players a considerable and unfair EP advantage. Much more than what their time when they started to play means.

120 (edited by MoBIoS 2014-03-17 01:03:30)

Zoom, are you really saying, that you denying the fact, that EP resets were exploited and everyone was running around in the colour of the month bots, whenever we had resets? And the Dev´s stopped the ability for EP paid resetts aprox. mid/late 2011 altogether, because it was severely abused? And are you really saying now " if it does become a problem we'll change things as we always have" are you kidding me?

New players are all screaming for resets, but at least the old players, the few which are left, know what bad effect this had. So you really want to have a total sell out of the game an give a monkeys on what this game was suppose to be. Trading persistence for maximum short term cash revenue. Please let this not be real. I am really really sad and sorry for perpetuum.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

121 (edited by Gunner 2014-03-17 01:12:26)

It will not be free. It will probably be like 10 bucks.

You havent been playing, anyways, so what does it matter to you??

MoBIoS wrote:

Zoom, are you really saying, that you denying the fact, that EP resets were exploited and everyone was running around in the colour of the month bots, whenever we had resets? And the Dev´s stopped the ability for EP paid resetts aprox. mid/late 2011 altogether, because it was severely abused? And are you really saying now " if it does become a problem we'll change things as we always have" are you kidding me?

New players are all screaming for resets, but at least the old players, the few which are left, know what bad effect this had. So you really want to have a total sell out of the game an give a monkeys on what this game was suppose to be. Trading persistence for maximum short term cash revenue. Please let this not be real. I am really really sad and sorry for perpetuum.

Because I don´t log in everyday nowadays, I am not playing? What´s it to you anyway. Bit of a sad and desperate statement.

And yeah probably 10 bucks, what a fricking amount to keep corps exploiting the reset and change to the color of the month, when ever they feel like they get an advantage out of it, like they used to, when we had resets.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Mobios I understand the problem you mention and Zortarg also, but maybe you see too much problem about that.

If you get enough people playing couldn't be too much problem, because balancing of the players itself.
But EP reset /year or something I think, or HUGE amount of €€€!

DEV BoyC 2014-03-16 21:06:10
Cassius: The gamma changes will be thoroughly tested on the test server before we launch the patch of course.

So will you DEVs this time listen to your players when they point out bad mechanics & design when we test this on the test server?

Because you sure as hell didnt listen last time.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Gunner wrote:

50% bizoost 4 life!

Dev Zoom,

Send an E-mail to all current and past players?

+1
Send out emails to all old and current players when new payment system is out and of course when steam launch is out lol

Reading this signature fills you with determination.