Topic: Any way of earning or buying addition ep ?

I am new and I find myself soloing this game. I want to contribute more to this game and more to my corp. Any plans on balancing or giving a little more ep to new players ?

Re: Any way of earning or buying addition ep ?

you get some on sub. after that its 1ep per min. you want more. go multi account. thats the only way.

3 (edited by Crown Royal 2014-02-06 20:55:50)

What was the starting out of EP three years ago ? go multi account, how is that giving more ep, can I just give you 10 more us dollars for 20k ep ?

4 (edited by Burial 2014-02-06 21:02:22)

I'd suggest you just to concentrate on one role and one bot. Get yourself into a Tyrannos and work your damage and support skills. You will be helpful even with low EP and useful after a month or two.

Check this picture out. It shows you the EP cost of different skills. As you can see, it's quite cheap to get extensions to 5 but leveling beyond that grows very expensive. Don't get too many skills over 5 early on(exception is advanced robot control).

5 (edited by Crown Royal 2014-02-06 21:05:14)

Thanks Burial but no thanks, three years ago starting ep was 20k and still 20k ep, wondering why this game has low pop. Good luck.

6 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2014-02-06 21:09:00)

the multi accout will not speed up your one pilot. but as burial said you should specialize. if you have multible accounts then you can specialize in multible fields with one agent on ech account.

if your only intrested in the combat aspect of the game then this might be not that importent. you can take one account for dps and another for ewar, or a other faction bot. well thats not what i did. i have 3 accounts. one for combat. the other two for resource gathering, support and production.

so depends what you want to do in this game.

just dont spread your ep in multible fields. you want to be of use fast, then specialize. this will bring you fast enough to one goal. you spread you ep for 2 things, then it will take double the time. thats where multi accounting comes in handy.

p.s.: you get the skils on teh start that are worth around 10k ep. then you get 20k to put whereever you want. and on sub you get another 20k ep.

that can bring you directly to a mech. or a heavy in a few weeks.
well this game has a long term skill system. if you dont like this the its not your game. similar like in eve, skill points are based on time. your wealth and progress has to be earned with your actions ingame.

The starting EP is 40k, after you sub.

From that 40k you can go Directly into a mech, and then within two to three weeks into a heavy comfortably.

With specialization.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Here we go again. tongue But this IS a problem for many new peeps. Hate to say so. And it will come more peeps like him once steam hits.
But I would stick around and play the game. It's still worth it. And as they say. You can get into a heavy mech within a month.

WTB 500k EP.

10 (edited by Shadowmine 2014-02-06 23:23:41)

Curious what you can not do currently, that you must have more ep to be able to do?

Edit: I suspect your inability to help your corp after 5 hours of gametime is not the 50k ep that you have, but your lack of understanding of how to use or spend the ep you have.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

Edit: I suspect your inability to help your corp after 5 hours of gametime is not the 50k ep that you have, but your lack of understanding of how to use or spend the ep you have.

Actually it wouldn't be the first time for me to hear about a corporation having unrealistic expectations regarding what a new player can do extension-wise and putting pressure on them. Which is a bit sad hmm

Crown: There was a long discussion about this here http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topic/6481/the-gap/

RIP PERPETUUM

Crown Royal wrote:

Thanks Burial but no thanks, three years ago starting ep was 20k and still 20k ep, wondering why this game has low pop. Good luck.

And you are wrong btw. It was 20k and change 3 yrs ago, now it is 40k and change.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

14 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-02-07 02:06:53)

lol reading this thread gave me a nice little laugh tongue

Crown .. this is a time based progression game. 40k ep is a very good head start & if you need to know hoe to spend that ep ask those who know! smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Chemist wrote:

WTB 500k EP.

lol... smile

Getting multiple accounts is nice but totally un-needed. With a decent plan, you can even go combat and mining and be effective at both quite fast. Just need to think things through and weigh heavily what you want and need to raise.

Burial wrote:

Getting multiple accounts is nice but totally un-needed. With a decent plan, you can even go combat and mining and be effective at both quite fast. Just need to think things through and weigh heavily what you want and need to raise.

If you do Combat and mining on the SAME toon.... your going to have a bad time...

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

If you do Combat and mining on the SAME toon.... your going to have a bad time...

+1

I've made the mistake of doing production and combat on the same toon.... I would have done much better with a third account, but it too late for that.

Honestly you should 1 free reset and each after cost ICE.  And compounding each time so at reset number 5 it would cost 4 ICE.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

21 (edited by MoBIoS 2014-03-16 16:15:05)

No resets, we had that before. It´ll just provoke a new CHAOS syndrome, where everyone skills flavour/ color of the month, i.e. CHAOS was suddenly all green. It was even worse, when ppl where able to change their agent name and avatar as well. Its contra productive to diversity and persistence.This was imho probably one of the biggest mistakes in perpetuum in those days and fortunately the ability was cancelled shortly afterwards.
Anyways, I think we have a sort of a skill points reallocating ability, which got introduced at some point, if your skill points don´t exceed level 5 yet. I think that is good enough, to compensate any skill misconfiguration as a starting player.
Do we still have the ability to reset your account within 2 weeks of creations? Can´t remember.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Ville wrote:

Honestly you should 1 free reset and each after cost ICE.  And compounding each time so at reset number 5 it would cost 4 ICE.

Yes, why not? +1

Just EP reset, no character reset though, at least once every 6-12months. Surely I guess most want it just to try different races not to just milk the system for the faction of the year, which you can do anyways with multiple accounts, yet another factor solo accounts is discredited.

RIP PERPETUUM

I'm the other way on it tbh. This game has a lot of old grievances, allegiances and players and if we do get thousands of new players giving them a fresh start in a new game wouldn't be a bad idea.

I particularly believe this in conjunction with the follow bot nerf.

In the coming steam days the question should be how to reward the current player base that have kept this game alive. I think a one time reset (including name change), a forum medal or acknowledgement of some sort under your avatar and an in game destructible item that will be rare and so in the future valuable would be the best way to go. I'm thinking a vanguard riveler :-)

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

^^^^    Hell Ya......., Vanguard Riv!!!!!!!!!!     cool

50% EP boostzssss