1 (edited by Perceptor 2014-03-03 00:32:31)

Topic: Mining balancing

Alpha mining is *** overpowered compared with beta right now.

I would suggest we do the following easy changes:

• Alpha 1 mineral spawns are no more than 5m in size

• Alpha 2 mineral spawns are no more than 10m in size

• Alpha 1 and 2 spawns increased in number to 15

• Beta spawns of all minerals increased to 80m in size

• Alpha 1 stations are nerfed

• Alpha 2 stations are nerfed to alpha 1 levels

• Industry aura's on beta increased in strength to give 30% benefit

This should make alpha mining ok for small corps and individuals but make larger corps living there struggle exponentially. It should also decentralize the alphas.

Re: Mining balancing

Sorry man......., Nothin good to say on this.........    -1 from me.      fuuu

I don't agree! Need to boost mining and increased fields of mineral on alpha, beta and gamma minimum to 50, 250 and 500 millions on field. tongue

A player with too less mineral supply and too bad facilities will never be able to build enough power to enter beta.

Perceptor wrote:

Alpha mining is *** overpowered compared with beta right now.

Maybe you should start here?

No don't agree with these changes, whats overpowered is the complete safety, bring back those observers.

RIP PERPETUUM

+1, good changes imo. People need to start living on Beta by any means necessary. What I find bad, however, is that Alpha farming is still superior to Beta farming by wide margin. This is something assignments could fix.

Burial wrote:

People need to start living on Beta by any means necessary.

Why? Many players will make a choice either safety of alpha or leave game.

Burial wrote:

People need to start living on Beta by any means necessary. What I find bad, however, is that Alpha farming is still superior to Beta farming by wide margin.

Tell me where to find tier five spawns on alphas?

RIP PERPETUUM

PVP keeps everything in the game rolling. I'm not saying everyone should be practically forced to move to Beta, all I'm suggesting is to make it so people wishing to live there will be rewarded accordingly.

T5 spawns are a joke btw with current mechanics.

10 (edited by Hpnotiq 2014-03-03 19:45:41)

Celebro wrote:
Burial wrote:

People need to start living on Beta by any means necessary.

Why? Many players will make a choice either safety of alpha or leave game.

Burial wrote:

People need to start living on Beta by any means necessary. What I find bad, however, is that Alpha farming is still superior to Beta farming by wide margin.

Tell me where to find tier five spawns on alphas?

I have check all 6 alpha island's and there is no T5.

max npc lvl on alpha is T4 and only a few spawns of them.
T5 spawns are beta only. and ofcource all the roamings on gamma are T5.

I do honestly want to see those observers come back. Those were fun times, in a twisted way.

Going by another similar game, carebears generally make up 85% of the player base .... And this is a rate that has remained constant. So Alpha needs to exist and be attractive for that playerbase, because the game needs these risk-adverse subs. As long as the PvPer's have enough areas and rewards to play with I'm fine with leaving Alpha alone.

Again its a population thing. With a robust population Alpha industry and Nic keeps the Beta/Gamma battles fueled. Markets would function and demand for products would encourage players provide commodities. Currently (and I mean over the last 2 years) people can generally supply themselves.
I'm all for finding a way to make Beta desirable and PRACTICAL but not at the cost of other player types.

That said, eliminate orange spawns (make them red again) and bring back the roaming Observers, miss those guys.

None of those changes makes alpha unlivable, just less efficient for them. More spawns will actually help newer players.

The issue is that there's no reason for any corp to mine anything but epi on beta. That's got to change for beta to be anything but a Pvp playground.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Beta and Gamma mineral spots are way more rewarding for veteran miner. The reason why beta mining is not used, is that you cannot mine beta while watching tv and that too less corps have the power to secure beta mining operations.

The reason that prevents beta mining way more than mine spot attractivity on alpha is that secure activity must be during hours, while attack force needs only 30 min to gather, jump there and attack fleet which means for equal player base attack is way easier than defend.

For farming NPCs it is far more worse, as effective PvE equipment is often useless in Pvp. The worst thing for a PvE HM MK2 fleet would be to be catched by a good group of light ewar /assault in PvP fitting that rip them faster in peaces as they could write "f**" in GC. Therefore you can do this only if you can provide enough detectors as well during such operations.

Beta has AOE explosion damage, that is the biggest reason farming on Alpha is better even if the islands would be similarly secure.

Cassius wrote:

Going by another similar game, carebears generally make up 85% of the player base .... And this is a rate that has remained constant. So Alpha needs to exist and be attractive for that playerbase, because the game needs these risk-adverse subs. As long as the PvPer's have enough areas and rewards to play with I'm fine with leaving Alpha alone.

Again its a population thing. With a robust population Alpha industry and Nic keeps the Beta/Gamma battles fueled. Markets would function and demand for products would encourage players provide commodities. Currently (and I mean over the last 2 years) people can generally supply themselves.
I'm all for finding a way to make Beta desirable and PRACTICAL but not at the cost of other player types.

+1
Can not, can not be nerf in favor pve for pvp, it is fundamentally the wrong approach.

Burial, I understand your desire to pvp, but that does not mean that carebears have to suffer!

Everyone in this thread seems wrapped up in how it would effect them instead of how it would effect the game. Ostriches the lot of you.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

You forget that the main advantage of such games as eve-online and perpetuum it's their many capabilities and many aspects of life, and you want to impose on people pvp, it's better search of new capabilities on beta, but you nerf on alpha. It's wrong!..

Jita wrote:

Everyone in this thread seems wrapped up in how it would effect them instead of how it would effect the game. Ostriches the lot of you.

Seriously? You post a lot of good ideas but this isn't one of them, that's all. This game is on its deathbed. If it fails whatever I have is lost. Anything I post I post it because I think its for the good of the game, not me. Keep that mind when you read what I write.

22 (edited by Line 2014-03-04 22:02:10)

Whoever here wants a hardcore that much, hey - why don't you just mine in Agrano mk1 fitted with T0 and leave the Alphas as they are.

Newbies aren't here yet, and you're already trying toscarry them with extremelly hard gameplay? Isn't Perpetuum already a second job? ISN'T IT?!

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Newbies aren't here yet, and you're already trying toscarry them with extremelly hard gameplay? Isn't Perpetuum already a second job? ISN'T IT?!

+1

RIP PERPETUUM

bump because its twice as important now

Agreed.