Re: Incoming gamma changes and gamma-only wipe

Thank you for proving my point.

Our pop is so low it doesn't matter anymore.  The amount will over come anything we can throw at them.  Providing they have leadership, and a coherent structure.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Are you going to reopen RG?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Merkle wrote:

Thank you for proving my point.

Our pop is so low it doesn't matter anymore.  The amount will over come anything we can throw at them.  Providing they have leadership, and a coherent structure.

I didn't realize you had an actual point there.

Steam isn't a guarantee. Everything seems to hinge on some magical population just waiting around the Steam-corner to throw money at this game. What if there those magical tens-of-thousands don't come?

With the assets stockpiled away and #boredom it's not even a question if steam noobs will be curbstomped, the only question is how fast and how hard.

If the assets don't matter anymore, what's the point of having them? If they do matter (and they do), we will effectively control the market and enslave the steam noobs into mining that veldspar for pennies then we'll turn around and sell it to them at a hefty margin.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

179 (edited by Celebro 2014-03-01 17:54:43)

I'd rather they didn't wipe all assets for my personal interest, but for they sake of the game removing them will put everyone back at roughly the same level, and encourage more players to join.

There has been too much abuse from the beacon pits and broken missions. The Devs ofc would rather not say anything about it now, if not, no one would play until Steam launch.

RIP PERPETUUM

STC was the new corp on the block faced with having to take on vets with more assets and EP. And now we are king of the hill. In fact, I propose, being at said disadvantage is what motivated us to continue playing. The argument just doesn't hold water.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

These are the points where I disagree.

This will provide what is needed for markets, and with the level of new players, it wont matter the amounts of stuff that is had.

Only one player can bring one bot to die at one time.

If you want a success story look at STC.  The problem is not assets, the problem is getting a strong LEADER to lead them. 

Enslaving people over the market would work, if they are mindless, and complete ***.   With the research patch, we are even more so on equal ground.

History in other games, most notably one time in another game, will prove correct. 

Where we can both agree on, is this all rides on steam, it always has.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

would be nice if the acctual gamma wipe/close would be announced a week or at least a few days before it happens. so we can get things ready and dicide what we still want to do and what not.

regards
zort

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

would be nice if the acctual gamma wipe/close would be announced a week or at least a few days before it happens. so we can get things ready and dicide what we still want to do and what not.

regards
zort

That's not the Hungarian way!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

184 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-03-03 22:51:16)

Dev Zoom,

Get this out on Steam asap.

Early access is a great idea and makes sense.

The devs here should also consider embracing the new cash model where devs sell raise cash using a Kickstarter style with goals for certain $$ raised.

Look at Star Citizen selling content to a game that isnt even released Alpha yet 30 million $?

Please consider taking a chance on something like that.  You dont have to use Kickstarter either, you can do it through your own website.

$150,000.00  US    Rasied goal - Mk3 bots
$250,000.00  US    Raised goal - Tech 5 mods

etc etc.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

185 (edited by Celebro 2014-03-04 00:05:28)

I doubt they have the means to turn thousands of dollars into expansions, right of the bat in such a large scale, let alone now that they have their hands full with Steam release.

What they need is a steady flow of cash that builds up the base,which will provides security and a full time commitment on development.

Let's just hope Star Citizen impresses, anything less will disappoint with such high expectations and no gameplay yet to prove it, just fancy graphics which is the easiest part, if you have cash to spare.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

...flow of cash ...

cash is my point

The incentive is offer the things we actually want in the future instead of this bullshit we are dealing with now.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Gamma wipe will be good for this game and quite frankly not needed in my opinion. If player owned stations and terraforming are needed, then add them to beta islands if that is possible!

Some of you were not around in the early days when beta islands were fun and there was plenty of PvP to be had by everyone! STC was created at the end of the hay days and have aspired for greatness like in the days of TOG, MORTE, M2S and CHAOS. With continued perserverance and leadership STC will get that chance, but only with a bigger player base.

What this game needs is more player base and the rest will fall into line.  Hopefully Steam will be the games saving grace.  But the new player fixes will have to help, without retention of new players there is no game to sustain, I believe they will. Constantly trying to fix things that are not broke will not help.  Adding Gamma at a time when the player base was very small did not help matters and only seemed to isolate everyone which actually took away PvP.

The developers work hard on the game, sometimes I think too hard but I like their tenacity! Look at all the patches and FREE updates they have made and the effort into making the game better. Dev Zoom, I love your signature from Bill Cosby, it is so true of the gaming community nowadays.

This game is great and has so much potential.  I have been playing since before the game released.  If I have to give up assets and money to make it all work, that would be fine.  Acquiring 1 billion in NIC in a matter of weeks for veteran players is no really large task to complete, it beats having no game at all to play.

Like many of you I am keeping my fingers crossed and putting my faith into the developers hands who have all the information, and knowledge to successfully carry us through the highways of Nia...

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator

Lonwolf wrote:

If player owned stations and terraforming are needed, then add them to beta islands if that is possible!

Wise move indeed. Remove Epri from Gamma, wipe Gamma, move TF and POS to Beta, rinse, repeat until there is no islands at all big_smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Shadowmine wrote:

STC was the new corp on the block faced with having to take on vets with more assets and EP. And now we are king of the hill. In fact, I propose, being at said disadvantage is what motivated us to continue playing. The argument just doesn't hold water.

Let me interpret here a bit for the Steamlings who may not have a clear picture of the Nian History.

*cracks open large tome*

*brushes aside cobwebs and blows the dust off the pages*

"STC, formed by Zwiss, was certainly a new corp; and they certainly faced huge challenges early on;  NOW... [we] are 'King of the Landfill'.

Being at a disadvantage provided meta-content that kept several of our people interested for a couple of months.  Then as the #boredom factor kicked in for various reasons from real life to the 'end-game' strategy we utilized, we found that several of our members (actually most of the original ones), and several of other active corp members evacuated what was once a pristine Nia. 

Now... all that is left is a shell of an empire that moved on to greener pastures mostly composed of 'leaders' who were actually in other corps to begin with."

*punches up the data files*

AAAHHHH yes ... I see here.  Challenging play = interesting play.  Easy mode = boredom.  Dev favoritism = "King of the Hill".

The true history of Nia is this:  There are those that play chess, others play checkers and once in a while you find a dude playing GO.  All things are equal in time.  Time only lasts until the Devs make such severe changes to the rule set that all things worked for and hoped for are lost in the dust of the annals.

GG

... just sayin'    - LOL

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

STC have always got stomped by any decent player base in the game. Your as much a king of the hill as the cockroaches will be after Armageddon.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

And yet we are still here and have accomplished more than any other corp since gamma has been released. The only corp to have built, protected and continuously sustained a gamma island for the duration of the gamma frontier.

Im not sure what the criteria for winning is in Perpetuum, but this has to be close. We lose plenty of battles, but we are winning the war.

Adios, mofos.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

And yet we are still here and have accomplished more than any other corp since gamma has been released. The only corp to have built, protected and continuously sustained a gamma island for the duration of the gamma frontier.

Im not sure what the criteria for winning is in Perpetuum, but this has to be close. We lose plenty of battles, but we are winning the war.

Adios, mofos.

It all depends on what you set your Goal posts as smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

Adios, mofos.

It all depends on what you set your Goal posts as smile

QFT. Also remember not everything in game happens the way someone chooses to describe it on the forums, or for the reasons suggested.

Lonwolf wrote:

Gamma wipe will be good for this game and quite frankly not needed in my opinion. If player owned stations and terraforming are needed, then add them to beta islands if that is possible!

Some of you were not around in the early days when beta islands were fun and there was plenty of PvP to be had by everyone! STC was created at the end of the hay days and have aspired for greatness like in the days of TOG, MORTE, M2S and CHAOS. With continued perserverance and leadership STC will get that chance, but only with a bigger player base.

What this game needs is more player base and the rest will fall into line.  Hopefully Steam will be the games saving grace.  But the new player fixes will have to help, without retention of new players there is no game to sustain, I believe they will. Constantly trying to fix things that are not broke will not help.  Adding Gamma at a time when the player base was very small did not help matters and only seemed to isolate everyone which actually took away PvP.

The developers work hard on the game, sometimes I think too hard but I like their tenacity! Look at all the patches and FREE updates they have made and the effort into making the game better. Dev Zoom, I love your signature from Bill Cosby, it is so true of the gaming community nowadays.

This game is great and has so much potential.  I have been playing since before the game released.  If I have to give up assets and money to make it all work, that would be fine.  Acquiring 1 billion in NIC in a matter of weeks for veteran players is no really large task to complete, it beats having no game at all to play.

Like many of you I am keeping my fingers crossed and putting my faith into the developers hands who have all the information, and knowledge to successfully carry us through the highways of Nia...

I predicted this months ago!

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator

Lon, some people don't want to pvp when they don't have an escape plan, look at State corp.  Build completely cut off islands to not have to worry about pvp effecting their industry.  All but quit the game after tp change.  Twiddling their thumbs on alpha ninjaing a few saps here and there.  Some people just don't want to work for it.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Safety in numbers = working for it.

Numbers rule the game.