Re: Perpetuum Formulas

Something weird with available cpu... Values are only rounded for display it seems.

Available CPU is easy to figure, take your bot max cpu performance then substract all modules modifed cpu value.

On screen i have 263 cpu available.
Total cpu usage by modules is 252.69
263 - 252.69 = 10.31 which once rounded should be 10 but yet it displays 11..

Now if i take the not rounded value of the max cpu performance :

263.2 - 252.69  = 10.51 which once rounded is 11.

Therefore, cpu perfomance must not be rounded for accuracy with the game even if displayed values are.

So what you're saying is, don't round anything until you have your answer, then round the display value?

That makes sense.

I actually noticed extensions (EP cost) had to be floor rounded (e.g. cut off the decimals). One the things I still need to do is take a neuro-injection date into account, and see if the answer matches the in-game free EP value.

Random fun fact; the item with the highest CPU usage in-game is the Niani interference module with 99.00 CPU usage. Notice the two decimal precision.

What i'm saying is , in the case of available cpu, use not rounded value. But i wonder if the game will allow a module of 11tf cpu usage when in fact you have 10.51tf left.

Modules always show 2 decimals precision, only the max cpu and available cpu of your bot are "rounded".

Howard Quartz wrote:

This is the material equation I'm using in my spreadsheet at the moment.

Amount Required = Base Amount / CT Efficiency / (1+(Material Efficiency Extensions / 50)) / (1+( Sum of Corp Relations / 3))

For the above example 400 / 0.5 / (1 + (12 / 50)) / (1+(5.61/3)) = 633
I'd be interested to know how well it holds for other people.

I'm trying to use this but I'm messing something up and I'm pretty sure its the part in bold above.

For "Sum of Corp Relation" do you mean add up the 3 industrial corps associated with the megacorp who's facility your using?

For example I'm producing out of Tellesis which is ICS.  So for that part of the equation do you mean add up the total relation between DFI, V and N, the 3 ICS industrial subcorps?

atm its the average of the sum of the 9 corps of a conglomerate to calculate any standing influence.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I have to admit I havent researched it yet, but is the prototyping formula the same as the production one, but x10?

32 (edited by Nobues 2011-08-29 13:01:14)

this is for the material ratio only

material ratio  = roundup(Log(0.1*extension bonus)) + (factory tech level / 2)

here is the month for manufacture price

manufacture price = (seconds  * 3 ) + factory tech level

3 = cost per second to manufacture an item.

I will post more as I have them.

I am not sure you're right there Nobues though I can't be certain but

(seconds  * 3 ) + factory tech level

sounds like a odd way to do it. I know it's seconds * cost but I am pretty sure higher the factory the lower the sections. I can't be certain of this though.

Robophiliac wrote:
Howard Quartz wrote:

This is the material equation I'm using in my spreadsheet at the moment.

Amount Required = Base Amount / CT Efficiency / (1+(Material Efficiency Extensions / 50)) / (1+( Sum of Corp Relations / 3))

For the above example 400 / 0.5 / (1 + (12 / 50)) / (1+(5.61/3)) = 633
I'd be interested to know how well it holds for other people.

I'm trying to use this but I'm messing something up and I'm pretty sure its the part in bold above.

For "Sum of Corp Relation" do you mean add up the 3 industrial corps associated with the megacorp who's facility your using?

For example I'm producing out of Tellesis which is ICS.  So for that part of the equation do you mean add up the total relation between DFI, V and N, the 3 ICS industrial subcorps?

ok i was playing around with the relations calculations a little and it would always be off by about 2% i found this equation to work. Tested it out on small stuff like ammo and also Mech sized CT's and it gave me dead exact numbers every time for what i was looking for. Now this number might change tho based on your relations %. Mine was 15% i need to raise it a little to see if changes anything.

Amount Required = ROUND(BASE/CT%/(1+(ME EXTENSION#/50))/(1+(RELATION%/8)))

Examples:
104 = ROUND(100/80%/(1+(9/50))/(1+(15%/8)))
18350 = ROUND(15000/0.68/(1+(9/50)/(1+(0.15/8))) - Decimal % Form

If you don't have a way to do % with base numbers then use decimals for %

35 (edited by Rutuli 2012-01-23 19:59:14)

Mining cycle formula

=A/(1+(B*0,01+C*0,02+D*0,02+E*0,05))/(1+(F*0,01))

A= base cycle
B= basic intensive mining lvl
C= adv intensive mining lvl
D= exp intensive mining lvl
E= adv or basic robotics lvl
F= *ore name* intensive mining lvl

missing fast extractor nexus

Mining amount per cycle

=A*(1+(B*0,01+C*0,05+D*0,01+1*E))*(1+(F*0,03))*(1+G)^H

A= base amount (after some tests i got these numbers)
epriton = not available
imentium = 300
stermonit = 450
titan ore = 750
HDT = 750
liquizit = 225
noralgis = not available
helioptris = 450
triandlus = 300

B= extensive mining lvl
C= basic or adv robotics lvl
D= industrial robotics lvl (mk2 bots only) < need test
E= spark %(1%= 0.01) < works for +x% mining sparks (didnt have specifics ore sparks for test)
F= *ore name* extensive mining lvl
G= one industrial tunning % (1%=0.01)
H= amount of industrial tunnings

missing the sparks and mk2 bonus...

not very usable wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

bigsteve wrote:

ill try to do the best i can

Ext Cycle time = (Base module cycle time)/(1+General Firing+Rapid Firing)/(1+Race Bot Bonus)

Then for each Tuning its:

Tuning1cycle = Ext Cycle time - (Ext Cycle time*Tuning Bonus)
Tuning2cycle = Tuning1cycle - (Tuning1cycle*Tuning Bonus)
etc
etc

There is a better way to add tunings

Tuning = Ext Cycle time*(1+(1-Tuning Bonus*Number of Tunings))

38 (edited by Reno 2013-11-12 03:21:46)

Rutuli wrote:

Mining cycle formula

=A/(1+(B*0,01+C*0,02+D*0,02+E*0,05))/(1+(F*0,01))

A= base cycle
B= basic intensive mining lvl
C= adv intensive mining lvl
D= exp intensive mining lvl
E= adv or basic robotics lvl
F= *ore name* intensive mining lvl

missing fast extractor nexus

Mining amount per cycle

=A*(1+(B*0,01+C*0,05+D*0,01+1*E))*(1+(F*0,03))*(1+G)^H

A= base amount (after some tests i got these numbers)
epriton = not available
imentium = 300
stermonit = 450
titan ore = 750
HDT = 750
liquizit = 225
noralgis = not available
helioptris = 450
triandlus = 300

B= extensive mining lvl
C= basic or adv robotics lvl
D= industrial robotics lvl (mk2 bots only) < need test
E= spark %(1%= 0.01) < works for +x% mining sparks (didnt have specifics ore sparks for test)
F= *ore name* extensive mining lvl
G= one industrial tunning % (1%=0.01)
H= amount of industrial tunnings

I cant seem to get your amount per cycle to come out correct. has this changed (excluding the amount)

39 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-11-12 09:24:04)

the base yields are wrong or old. (havent checked the formula)

base yields should be:

titan and hdt: 1000
imentium, stermonit and silgium: 650
liquizit, epriton, helioptris, trilandus and prismo: 300
noralgis: 250 (not sure on this one)
colixum: 100

also see here: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … perpetuum/

but as stated above there re no sparks and mk2 bonus in this formula.

40 (edited by Funding 2014-02-15 21:49:13)

Has anyone got a formula to determine the resulting CT value in the reverse engineering process?

For example, on gamma when I put in an item and the minimum required decoder, I get about 111 points on the CT.  When I move to an alpha 2, I get 77 for the same minimum decoder and prototype.

What is the formula that determines it? Based on testing each decoder level just adds 5 points to the base for each level above no matter what item.

Examples of oddities:  A Velocity Nexus gave me 82 in alpha 2 where an equivalent nexus of a different type only gave 77.  Why was velocity nexus above almost every other item I tested?  The oddity was they both had the same required minimum decoder.

When or if someone provides the formula, can the devs put it on the wiki? The formula pages on the wiki are quite helpful.

42 (edited by Celebro 2014-02-16 17:21:53)

Funding wrote:

Examples of oddities:  A Velocity Nexus gave me 82 in alpha 2 where an equivalent nexus of a different type only gave 77.  Why was velocity nexus above almost every other item I tested?  The oddity was they both had the same required minimum decoder.

I don't know the formula, maybe I do some research to find out , all I know is with same minimum decoder required you should get the same CT material effeciency i tired it with all nexus modules. Bot type, ammo, and MPCs are different though, ammo is highest and HM and structures are lowest. All equipment has same results.

RIP PERPETUUM