1 (edited by Dennis Pedersen 2014-02-08 12:25:25)

Topic: Imbalance: Missionrunner vs industrial

Wrong forum, i know, but, im not allowed to post this in the correct section hmm

As i am completely new to this game, i have no idea as to how the mecanics work, what to do to not die and so on, but theres 1 thing in particular that i can speak of, and that has a tad more weight in my role as new onboard.

I noticed a massive imbalance in the amount of money one makes from the getgo of the game.
I firstly created an industrial toon, wich i naturally build up as an industrialist at my best capabilities not knowing exactely where to spend my EP.
Reached a good million within 1 day of playing. Took me a few hours, to earn enough for my first light mech, just mining titan ore and liquizit. Not bad imho.

But, as i progressed, i really couldnt see myself sit all day and mine, so i decided to restart my toon with a secondary Email account and go Mission running instead...

Now, after a good 2 days, i reached my first mark: 100.000 .... ok, that is REALLY poor compared to being a miner / harvester o.O

that huuuuge gap, really needs some attention, as im bored by repeating the same missions over and over and over again, just for a few peanuts compared to mining, wich i could do by AFK-ing and autopiloting... wich happens to be a recipe for botting hmm

"Why not start as an industrial and go do missions later?"
Because i dont WANT to, and its not in MY interest to sit there AFK while the robot does something. I want to blow stuff up, NOT stare at some beams caressing the ground or plants...

also... When doing missions... i like to know what im signing up for BEFORE i sign up ... So, making me accept a mission, without any knowledge of the missions goal, seems really awkward to me...

Re: Imbalance: Missionrunner vs industrial

Mission running can be pretty profitable. At level 1+ you get syndicate tokens which sell for 100-200k/ea.

3 (edited by Celebro 2014-02-08 13:34:51)

It's fine if you don't want to be an industrial, good thing is there are many ways to earn money early on. Missions are very profitable at higher levels. The loot collected can be sold or recycled and sold on the market as minerals, whilst the tokens are really high on demand for vets players and will pay high fees to get hold of them, just 10 of them can easily get you 1.5M NIC.

The trick is try and do the missions a fast as you can, fit t4 light weight frame and don't fit mods that you don't need.

Try and use range to kill NPCs use your speed to your advantage as with light weight frame you have less tank.

Lastly you can also do artifact scanning with a fast light bot (better on pvp islands) and collect loot whilst trying to avoid any NPCs that spawn.

The Idea for not knowing which mission you sign up for is because players before had a choice for missions, but were milking the best ones and earning loads of NIC, which was broken, Devs changed the way missions are delivered and later on after Steam release will change the actual missions themselves so they are more balanced and enjoyable.

RIP PERPETUUM

Sounds reasonable about the mission change, but, to avoid hoarding of the best missions, only 1 mission could be offered through a randomizer... not important, just an annoyance in illogical behavior smile

As for NIC... well, yeah, at level 1+ i might get some more NIC for my trouble, BUT to get there is a pain in the rear compared to industrialists... i mean, the T4 light frame mentioned, is 1.4 mil on its own... add to that the need for a better robot to be ABLE to do those T1 missions... thats another mil or more.... and to get that NIC, is the issue vs industrials... Sure, i can sell the loot and stuff... i did do that, and im currently at 241K NIC.... after 2 days :-/

I can only agree that the mission system is broken in my eyes. What made it broken before the randomizing was SpT. Now you need to skill you agent for severel thing if you want to do missions in just one area. Cause indy mission isnt just mining or havesting but also arti hunting, reverse enginering and manufacturing...

Instead of making the randomizing before the updated all the missions they should have made a limit on the amount of missions you could do at once to minimize the ridiculous system it was before.

Dennis, everything is a bit of  climb the first few weeks, but stick it thru for the better rewards, thats the whole premise of the game and the one EP per minute.

with missions, the tokens are your best source of income

Doing the assignment as not indy bot is most likely doing the fighter way
As fighter you get not only the assignment reward but also loot. If you have only 200k after 2 days you did a lot wrong or did not spend too much time within these 2 days.
I mean yeah the assignment system is not good but you should be able doing 3-4 assignments/h.
That should be 40-50k/h only reward not calculated the bonus from reward multiplier or from extensions.
During the same time you should get plasma, kernel and fragments worth at least the same amount.

The sad point is that you will do now a lot more assignments till you reach lvl 1 assignments which will provide far better reward/h

Cassius wrote:

Dennis, everything is a bit of  climb the first few weeks, but stick it thru for the better rewards, thats the whole premise of the game and the one EP per minute.

When I learned a few weeks ago that the Mission System would not be complete for Steam I pretty much wrote off this game as hopeless. Just get ready to see this post 1000 times.

Hopefully they buy the line about how hard it is for a "couple weeks"

...I really hope they do.

Rage Rex wrote:
Cassius wrote:

When I learned a few weeks ago that the Mission System would not be complete for Steam I pretty much wrote off this game as hopeless. Just get ready to see this post 1000 times.

Hopefully they buy the line about how hard it is for a "couple weeks"

...I really hope they do.

Eve mission system ain't much better than this, and is all the same here and there; doing mission over and over is just a means to and end  to gain NIC and have fun in squad. Doing solo mission are boring as hell in any mmo after doing them for the 100th time.

Ultimately this is a sandbox pvp game first. Much room for improvement though on the PVE side, and I really wished they would have completed the new mission system before the trial islands, that I would agree.

RIP PERPETUUM