1 (edited by Merkle 2014-02-04 06:56:25)

Topic: Gamma Idea. Using Stuff Now to Make Gamma Viable.

A quick idea that everyone in STC has hashed out and talked about.  Were not all in complete agreement on everything, but in general I think we have a good idea using what is all in the game now.

General Idea, Gamma's stay as they are now, the Dev Team will have to go over each one with a brush and check terrain.  Minor Detail.

1. Each Gamma has one build T1, T2, or T3.   The farther out the terminal is the higher the LvL of the base.
http://clip2net.com/s/6K7bAF   (A EXAMPLE ONLY)
2. Each said Gamma requires fuel to power, there are small steps to take it for the first time requiring initial fuel to get the process running.
3. The Fuel Is Epi.  Epi will only be on Beta.
4. Each Gamma has a process that it will allow you to build, we have discussed tons of items, passively building cortexs, special bots, special stuff.  We have all agreed it should be cortex's with around the rate of 1 cortex per 2-3 days.  (This Process REQUIRES SOMETHING FOR US TO GET)
5. Each Gamma allows you to have a max set of turrets, unboosted, unrepairable, and un-killable until the final stage of the Gamma Flip.  (Players still have to build them. And replace if killed.)
6.  Gamma's would use a similar mechanic to old Saps, with three fights required to take a OP, with something to take.  (Brings back old big battles, and preserves beta hit and runs.)

In this setup, there would be next to zero terraforming, I could suggest a SMALL level of terraforming, allowing you do get around somethings.
This idea keeps people moving, it keeps beta and gamma linked, and Epi in check, as well as a need for beta operations. 
Gamma stations would no longer be able to be killed with full loot drop, when the station is flipped, the station goes offline and everyone is locked out, the attackers then need to re-online the station, thus taking it for themselves.

This would provide everything that we currently need.  A stable base to the BUILD upon.  There are tons of expansion opportunity off of this idea.  But getting the base now is what we need to get out on gamma, with freedom of movement and free flowing PVP, and PVE.

There are details that could be hammered out quite quickly and I do believe this would solve allot of your base issues, and give a stable, uniform, and can i stress, stable base to move out from.  It gives us freedom of choice, yet no so much freedom to break the game.

TDRL:
1. All Gamma's have 1 base on them, using a T1-T3 Terminal Now in game.
2. Bases use Fuel, to produce something, we thought cortex's in a small amount.
3. Bases have small amount of unboosted turrets.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Re: Gamma Idea. Using Stuff Now to Make Gamma Viable.

U want eve-online 2?
No, thanks big_smile

also the 3 mins i wasted reading this sad   keep Gammas free form as possible for good game play not as Alex said EVE 2.0 smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Thanks for at least reading it.

This fixes about everything that is broken with gamma currently, and allows for massive expansion later on.

I understand not wanting to make something similar to one of the most successful games that is similar to this one.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Too much like Beta, we already have Beta Islands.

RIP PERPETUUM

I would personally just shut Gammas down and develop them further.

We have been playing on them for a year and know them inside out. We know what the problems are and how to improve them. I'd just shut them down temporarily, bring Steam and then introduce the balanced Gamma 2.0 as new content.

If that is the case then just wipe them and have them just "be there" while they change them.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I think, population would fix a lot of the gamma issues. 

Honestly, I don't care anymore.  It's just going to change again.  Like always.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

It will just change again, that is part of the underlying problem.

They will make a transforming "fix" were break it, and they will be back to square one again.  With more angry players, and potential to loose subs.

This idea was aimed at adding in some stability to the mix, rather then the relative flexing that we have now.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13