Re: Sensor Amplification

Cassius wrote:

Umm when STC takes Betas and Gammas, they're undefended as in the owners don't even log in or have unsubbed.
When you take Betas and Gammas they're .... undefended as in you "waited" or you "decided not to defend it" or your fleets got wiped and you did not come back.

You have not done anything we did not expect.  SpT wasn't the reason you were able to.
You could have done it with half the sparks.  If there was a problem with SpT it was never the amount, it was the no cooldown between them. Missions and tokens production would not have been possible if a cooldown of longer than the time it took to walk between the farthest stations to get assignments was in place, and thats about 10 minutes. Your mind is in the mission and logistics aspect of SpT, so I'm not surprised you bring this garbage up and throw it in with Instant Power Projection.

You guys could do most anything PvP wise in 10 minutes if you were smart about it Yes, it's possible to be about anywhere in 10 minutes, but that hardly means people will be WILLING to criss-cross the map at a moments notice everytime there was a SAP active or some POSSIBLE fight. And how many fights are still going on after 10 minutes? ...you missed it. Most times a person teleports to a POSSIBLE target location, rarely a SURE one. It would be extremely boring to run back and forth on the map every time there is a SAP or a POSSIBLE fight. People will not drop what they are doing and INVEST the TIME for that, not even 10 minutes. Those 10 minutes stack up when you do that 10-15 times. And doing that 10-15 times a day is what happens with Sparks ...more really.

Because this game does not have remote contracts, and travel sucks in the game a huge byproduct of this change will be to make remote mining operations much less efficient and managing market orders quickly in multiple locations extremely difficult. These are perfectly understandable inconveniences that the Spark Nerf make more problematic. And I am with you in finding solutions for these problems, like a Contract System and Remote Buy/Sell Orders and Better Teleport and Highways System. Sparks is a bad solution to those specific problems.

But hey, you guys are just PvPers, and evidenced by your "The followbot nerf hurts us, so nerf everyone equally ...because! (Gunner Logic)", I don't expect you to think of other aspects of this game. Again, you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to thinking you know the thoughts and motivations behind these arguments. You're so lost in the Corp Dialogue lens its just sad.

Cassius wrote:

You had the numbers, we didn't when you started, and the results were predicted, and expected, by us.

Cassius, you guys had more numbers than us in many fights (especially in the beginning).  Actually on one day in November your alliance fielded 14 heavies and we only had 6.  We showed up anyway to fight and half our fleet was wiped.

The truth of the matter is, is that your side lost almost (90%) every fleet fight.  In one week DoY lost 3 full fleets in an even fight -> and after that they evac-ed Dom.

If you guys truly predicted that you were gonna lose Dom your side would never have shown up.  Burial tried his best but despite his best efforts, he couldn't hold on.

Anyway Cassius you were there for what, 3 or 4 fights, Merkle there for 1 maybe 2, and I was there for 15 fights, I think I know what I'm talking about.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Rage Rex wrote:

Sorry Mongolia but...

Merkle wrote:

We are allowing you do control them, there is a big difference.

Sorry Rage but, STC would never "allow" us control of any outpost.  Rage you weren't here but STC fought tooth and nail in November to hold the outposts.  There were fights everyday.  The truth is we took control of all outposts despite all attempts by STC.

Anyway, what does Merkle know, he wasn't here in November and most of December.  He's just spinning.

No I was not here in November to my regret. I could only watch the KBs. And I know Merkle is full of poop. I was quoting for he sake of illustrating both "ridiculous" and "deluded"

And it's "Rex" wink

Sorry, I mean't to add the Rex, and yes, I agree with your assessment of him

Cassius wrote:

Before you say otherwise, see Bergers and Imidero and Empreth owners. You (Jita) cut into Bergers, for a night ... you havent even utilized that breach, we have cut many times into Kraslovsk and caused more damage when we have bothered than you ever will.

Definitely has nothing to do with Devs practically announcing a Gamma wipe to happen in a matter of weeks right after we sieged Lang.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Moral of the story, you cant gain experience with out some losses.  I could rehash what the overall plan is, but I actually stated it before on the forums, it was just ignored.

Burial did a great job, it was nothing more then the unwillingness to not move those assets off of that island, he thought why not have some fun with them. 

It was said I wasn't there, but any soft intel would say different, I was just taking a backseat, without any backseat driving.

I really don't need any updates on what is thought of me, I already know, when you lose H-Mechs to nothing more then speed fit mechs.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

The moral of the story is that you can't be losing fights every time you undock, then turn around and spin stuff about tenacious defense and elite gorilla tactics. You have again been beaten into a bleeding pulp in-game, and proven to everyone still playing Perp you are only a "strong" factor when nobody else is playing. When there is competition, *** and TOG are bigger factors in the game.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

... and elite gorilla tactics.

Harhar big_smile

Coming from someone who wishes us to lose in every possible way.  I wouldn't expect you to see it any other way.  smile

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Burial wrote:

Sensor Amps and Remote Sensor Amps are a requirement in PVP. They are the Navigation 10 of fitting modules.

I propose nerfing SA and RSA to both be 15% locking range and -10% locking speed.

Additionally I propose beefing up stock robots locking range and time to the point that they would give the same results with the nerfed SA and RSA as they do now, so nothing would be lost on the range and speed front.

RSAs are the biggest reason people field follow bots. If they would be removed or devalued from the game, it would make the follow-nerf more or less unnessecary IMO since reps and energy can easily be taken over by specialized players unlike RSAs.

Thoughts?

Leave it in C/D guys.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

36 (edited by Cassius 2014-01-28 17:06:00)

You guys roll us in Oct-Nov.  We both had SpT, and we both (according to you) had the numbers and fair fights.

Merkle shows up in January.

We roll you.

Clearly all evidence points to the problem in this game is not SpT, its Merkle.

Nerf Merkle. Merkle is the problem, not SpT.

Edit ... if I cry anymore about SpT I will sound like you guys and follow nerf ... nothing more to say.

Cassius wrote:

We roll you.

Maybe your definition of "roll you" is different than everyone elses.

38 (edited by Cassius 2014-01-28 21:46:15)

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Cassius wrote:

We roll you.

Between January 20th, to the 23rd ...

We lost

4 lights
7 Assaults
2 Mechs (Cassius 1)
1 Heavy (Me)

You lost

4 lights
2 Assaults
6 Mechs
10 Heavies.

Thats how I define we roll you.

The numbers would be a little worse for you if Smokey's Seth didnt have the misfortune of lo.. err crashing when teleporting, instead of popping out on the other side and dying to the assaults.

All this proves is we win when Merkle plays.

The problem in the game is not follow, ewar, SpT, its Merkle

Nerf Merkle

39 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2014-01-29 01:13:00)

Cassius wrote:
Mongolia Jones wrote:
Cassius wrote:

We roll you.

Between January 20th, to the 23rd ...

We lost

4 lights
7 Assaults
2 Mechs (Cassius 1)
1 Heavy (Me)

You lost

4 lights
2 Assaults
6 Mechs
10 Heavies.

Thats how I define we roll you.

The numbers would be a little worse for you if Smokey's Seth didnt have the misfortune of lo.. err crashing when teleporting, instead of popping out on the other side and dying to the assaults.

All this proves is we win when Merkle plays.

The problem in the game is not follow, ewar, SpT, its Merkle

Nerf Merkle

Aw you guys win 2 fights and you are already celebrating like you won a war? how cute lol

May i remind you who it was who got you guys wiped back in march - april? Or who it was who left the game and got you guys owned after he retreated to WoT in the first place? or whose still losing the war despite merkle's return?

I'm sure those questions should be easy enough for you guys to ask yourselves and answer to yourselves as well. big_smile

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

There's no war. smile

Mongolia asked me to define "roll" and I did.

Read into it however you want. Take the numbers and make them say whatever you want.
I still say Merkle is OP and needs to be nerfed to balance the game.

Also, I dont think bots should be buffed for range and lock time. Don't care if it happens or not, not that important to me either way. Bigger fish to fry in this game when it comes to balance.

Burial wrote:

There's no war. smile

only because your the one losing smile

Beastmode, what times bb formup?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Cassius,

What Beastmode said is spot on.  You win only 2 fights (on Jan 20 and 23 was it?), and make no improvements in territorial control.

Winning 2 fights -> "lucky".

Winning 12 or 15 fights in a row and taking 10+ beta stations and wiping gammas -> a "roll".

That's a proper definition of the word.

Mongolia Jones wrote:

Cassius,

What Beastmode said is spot on.  You win only 2 fights (on Jan 20 and 23 was it?), and make no improvements in territorial control.

Winning 2 fights -> "lucky".

Winning 12 or 15 fights in a row and taking 10+ beta stations and wiping gammas -> a "roll".

That's a proper definition of the word.

Just fyi, STC is the only corporation to wipe a proper gamma island. And we have done it twice. Call me when you take over a real gamma island.

And Sensor amps and locking time still need balancing.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Corporation dialogues that way -> http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/foru … dialogues/

47 (edited by Celebro 2014-01-29 16:23:43)

Does someone have an idea why the base locking time is so high? It's really an issue I remember that was rather annoying as a new player, and well I don't see much reasoning behind it, but maybe I'm missing something.

RIP PERPETUUM

Shadowmine wrote:

Just fyi, STC is the only corporation to wipe a proper (undefended) gamma island. And we have done it twice.

Fixed the above quote (in yellow) in an effort to maintain accuracy  big_smile

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

Just fyi, STC is the only corporation to wipe a proper (undefended) gamma island. And we have done it twice.

If that is how you judge it, then NO ONE has ever taken over a defended gamma island. And only STC has taken over an island that was defended with turret walls AND 12 terminals on the island. (And you cant make someone defend their island, you can only take it from them if they don't...)

And sensor amps and locking times still need balancing. big_smile

50 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2014-01-30 01:15:18)

Shadowmine wrote:
Mongolia Jones wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

If that is how you judge it, then NO ONE has ever taken over a defended gamma island. And only STC has taken over an island that was defended with turret walls AND 12 terminals on the island. (And you cant make someone defend their island, you can only take it from them if they don't...)

And sensor amps and locking times still need balancing. big_smile

oh don't try to spin up such content, we both know how it went down on Xiantor and who defended it, and who ran away from the defensive line after getting face *** 2 or 3 times fuuu

If thats how you spin then a defended gamma base has NEVER been killed before...