1 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-01-24 18:39:55)

Topic: Passive Income - Beta Outposts

We see quite a few random alt corps and characters logging in to ninja SAP loot after it's defended itself. This is mainly done with Active Hacks for the prized Cortex loot.

A couple things wrong with this
1.) it incentivizes use of trial accounts and multiple accounts placed around the map for the single purpose of collecting loot
2.) it does not invite conflict as the loot is same whether defended or attacked. So, why attack SAP when you can just log in at last minute and collect the same? In fact it's in best interest of ninja looters that SAPS be at full so they can get the most loot.

I highly doubt this would ever be implemented but here it goes...

SAP loot from successfully Defended SAPS goes directly to Corp Hanger.

This would mean that loot would start piling up pretty quick, especially for all those outpost owners who dont' always pay attention to their own SAPS.

This 'windfall' would make outpost ownership more rewarding and hopefully invite more conflict over outpost ownership.

I know many of the very valid arguments against, and doubt this would be implemented, but think about it before you react. After witnessing another ninja SAP collection last night I was joking on comms about how OP this would be until I thought longer and realized it would actually make Beta a little more valuable to hold and fight over.

This may also make diplomatic negotiations in Alliances more interesting about outpost ownership. And corp leaders beware that you could lose the loyalty of your corp members if your greedy *** does not share (not speaking to you my beloved 133).

Lastly, this should NEVER EVER be implemented with current Spark Mechanics given already stated reasons on how all outpost more easily are controlled by one entity.

Re: Passive Income - Beta Outposts

I really like the idea , yet I find it too OP. How about a max of 50% goes to hanger, the rest can be picked up, it could also be connected to successful defences of the Outpost, so lets say first successful defence gets you 15% upto 50% loot with 5 consecutive defences, ofc if you fail it goes back to 15%, well something along those lines.

RIP PERPETUUM

There are countless ways to balance and adjust the amount of loot.

Rage Rex wrote:

Yes, my point is to make defenders work a little more for their stuff , not just handed to them if no one attacks.

RIP PERPETUUM

5 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-01-24 18:59:12)

Celebro wrote:
Rage Rex wrote:

Yes, my point is to make defenders work a little more for their stuff , not just handed to them if no one attacks.

Hopefully, in a more active population people actually live in their outposts and find INCENTIVE to do so. Long ago I argued for more active ways of defending SAPS, not just the auto-sit-and-do-nothing-win approach of today's mechanic. So in concept I'm with you on incentives for active ownership.

But passive income is great incentive for conflict. The point is to just hand it to them as reward for having conquested the asset. And it's reward for holding it. With SpT gone, you will have to live much closer to home to do so.

-1. If you cant be bothered to undock your terminal at the end of a sap to collect the loot, then it should be fair game for whoever gets to it first.

Although I would be excited about some more variety in defending saps. Babysitting a sap for an hour blows, but I think with the spark teleport nerf, corps really will not want any more than 1 outpost to have to defend. Plus sap ninja ops are fun to do for smaller corps who need the loot but cant stand toe to toe with the big dogs.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

If you cant be bothered <then you don't deserve it>...

Exactly the type of reaction I would expect from some. But I invite you to consider it more, though I know this view will exist regardless.

The point of PASSIVE income is EXACTLY that you don't have to be bothered to do anything, except win and hold the outpost and deflect attacks.

But on the flip side if owner can't be bothered to walk out and collect loot, why should SAP attackers not be bother to actually defeat the SAP?

Agree partially.

Keep the current system, but if none loots the SAP stuff for like 30 min, move it automatically to corp hangar.

9 (edited by Burial 2014-01-25 00:10:22)

I suggested some sort of passive income on Betas a while ago. I think what I suggested was passive mining towers that outpost owners can build near their outposts and if Epriton field happens to be near it, it generated a small amount of Epriton(either to the building so it needs hauling or right to corporation storage). That tower would be shootable so it would be some work to make sure it's operating etc.

Needless to say I got shot down fast for some of the reasons you pointed out(people even were against outpost owners knowing the SAP times without doing a scan)..

By the way, SAP loot is way too big income to be generated passively.

Burial wrote:

I suggested some sort of passive income on Betas a while ago. I think what I suggested was passive mining towers that outpost owners can build near their outposts and if Epriton field happens to be near it, it generated a small amount of Epriton(either to the building so it needs hauling or right to corporation storage). That tower would be shootable so it would be some work to make sure it's operating etc.

Needless to say I got shot down fast for some of the reasons you pointed out..

By the way, SAP loot is way too big income to be generated passively.

Lots of good arguments against Passive Income. With current population it could be a windfall, but with 1000s or players that loot keeps spreading thinner.

I actually for increasing and varying loot, such as adding plasma. But that would be balancing with population.

I doubt we'll see passive income, but it has its conflict generation qualities.

I didnt read the whole OP, but I dont like it.

12 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-01-25 03:32:48)

i like burials idea about mining towers ads more content to the game & more pvp targets smile not just the towers them self but make it so that you have to go out & collect the ore with a hauler.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

TOWERS !

Need to activate an agent every 5 hour and need to haul the materials. The material income is 1 sequer in 5 hour.
Only 1-3 can deployable per outpost.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

This is quite funny.

Should of made this thread 5 months ago and watch how bad it would of gotten a -1.  smile

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

This is quite funny.

Should of made this thread 5 months ago and watch how bad it would of gotten a -1.  smile

I know, right! big_smile

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

I'm not quite sure about passive income in general, specially how much hoarding we get from most Vets.

RIP PERPETUUM

This whole thread was started because they couldn't log in their alt and spark to a beta terminal in time to pick up some active hack sap loot before someone ninjaed the loot. Must suck having so many beta outposts... smile

Shadowmine wrote:
Merkle wrote:

This is quite funny.

I know, right! big_smile

If you guys are referring to the fact Biker Gang controls pretty much every outpost at this moment then sure I can see the "humor" in the timing as opposed to 5 months ago.

Maybe if you read OP again you'll see that this should NEVER be introduced with current SpT system. Once SpT is gone, so will monopolization of Betas.

I think Biker Gang may be able to retain about 1/3 of Beta outposts under current politics, but not more. You'll get your cut. And with Passive Income there is more incentive.

Real question is Passive Income (yes/no)?

If you're not for Passive, you're not. It's not Political.

But hey, imagine the bickering within alliance when Passive is introduced. Will greed tear an Alliance apart? Will greed lead to loyal corp members quitting or betraying a corp with leaders who don;t share? Think about the added dynamic.

-1  Active income or GTFO.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Shadowmine wrote:

Must suck having so many beta outposts... smile

In advance of the inevitable with SpT

We don't want those outposts anyway!

We are allowing you do control them, there is a big difference.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

We are allowing you do control them, there is a big difference.

Oh. I did not know. I guess its an elaborate strategy or trap. Very impressive!

It's the "I don't have the people to zerg you" strategy, hopefully you'll get burnt out and stop playing.

24 (edited by Burial 2014-01-27 13:42:24)

Ville wrote:

"I don't have the people to zerg you"

Not sure about that anymore.

Great Burial!  Maybe we can see some more action soon.